It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming to a School near you, The Koch Youth.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
We were told that tax breaks would create jobs, but what it created was the wealthy pouring money into propaganda and purchasing politicians and votes.

This would work if nationalist protection policies and import tarriffs were left in place. The combination of tax breaks for job creators and free international trade is a death sentence for the middle class. Especially when you throw in minimum wage policies. You simply cannot have all three and survive, let alone thrive. Any of the three can be justifiably lambasted, but the bottom line is the one issue which DOES NOT help main street America in any way shape or form is free globalist trade. Any savings found on the production side has become profit on the supply side, with few of the savings being passed to the consumer. Tax breaks are an easy target because class warfare is a popular mechanism of distraction in DC, but the tax breaks were effective tools of job creation in the USA until the borders were torn down, opening cheap labor in Asia and Mexico to those job creators who suddenly were staring at the best of both worlds available to their bottom line.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Really? You're the one that was just bragging about all of the successes that the GOP had in recent elections and I point out that the last GOP President left us in a recession and the GOP obstructionist platform in Congress has turned out TERRIBLY and now I'm beating a dead horse?

Pretty much don't let facts get in the way of pushing that demagogic bubble.

Here's some:

The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLB), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, (Pub.L. 106–102, 113 Stat. 1338, enacted November 12, 1999) is an act of the 106th United States Congress (1999–2001). It repealed part of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933, removing barriers in the market among banking companies, securities companies and insurance companies that prohibited any one institution from acting as any combination of an investment bank, a commercial bank, and an insurance company. With the passage of the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, commercial banks, investment banks, securities firms, and insurance companies were allowed to consolidate. Furthermore, it failed to give to the SEC or any other financial regulatory agency the authority to regulate large investment bank holding companies.[1] ”The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton.

en.wikipedia.org...

Repeal of Glass-Steagall Caused the Financial Crisis
NAFTA at 20: One Million U.S. Jobs Lost, Higher Income Inequality

Yep beating a dead horse.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Your insulting the millions of people that have died from true communism

And how many milions have died from the progressive agenda, and that in vogue thing called abortion ?

The millions more that will never been born from the STATE MANDATING of contraception.

Not to mention all those who have been drone during the last 6 years.

The thousands who have died from arming terrorists in Egypt, Syria, Yemen, and current events in Iraq. To the drug cartels in Mexico, and south and Central America.

Guess pay no attention to that.

And insult ?

Hardly.
edit on 17-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree with some of what your saying, but I have never seen any job growth based on tax cuts.

Consumers drive the economy and are the largest job creators.

See if Americans could afford and did buy TV's and if these TV were still made in America the economy would skyrocket.

But globalism has helped to destroy America, if our food production was produced locally our unemployment wouldn't be so high.

I agree that more than one issue has put us where were at but it started with the fallacy of tax breaks leading to economic prosperity. It only caters to the rich. 1970 nixon tax breaks then recession, 1980's tax breaks then recession, 2000's tax breaks then recession.... tax breaks equals no or stagnant middle class wage growth...

While the rich just get richer, and they use there money to buy our government to serve there wishes.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

This would work if nationalist protection policies and import tarriffs were left in place. The combination of tax breaks for job creators and free international trade is a death sentence for the middle class.

Exactly. Two things the Kochs promote? Tax breaks and open borders. Oh, and lets not forget doing away with OSHA, the EPA, etc. Why? In my opinion, their brand of libertarianism is really a globalist plot to turn America into a nation of sweatshops.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So your saying that you only condone the death brought by your government when the gop isint running the show, got it.

Also that you like your politicians bought by right wing money, at least your honest on these points.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

agree with some of what your saying, but I have never seen any job growth based on tax cuts.

Well then lets END these TAX CUTS !

Nearly half of American tax filers will pay no federal income taxes this year, according to data released by the Tax Policy Center.

Some 76 million tax filers, or 46.4 percent of the total, will be exempt from federal income tax in 2011.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Dunno why some people are crying about them evil rich foks.

The 'common' people had no problems shelling out cash for the current guy so he could raise 2 billion dollars to buy his presidency.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I agree that more than one issue has put us where were at but it started with the fallacy of tax breaks leading to economic prosperity. It only caters to the rich. 1970 nixon tax breaks then recession, 1980's tax breaks then recession, 2000's tax breaks then recession.... tax breaks equals no or stagnant middle class wage growth...

...which is why those tax breaks should be pegged to business investment and jobs created, FULL TIME jobs created, that is. None of this magic bean part time job creation under Obama bullcrap!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

So your saying that you only condone the death brought by your government when the gop isint running the show, got it.

Hey quote it !

I so love the 'false choice' there.

Now where have I read that ?

The truth about the false choice

The false-choice dodge takes three overlapping forms. T

Set up two unacceptable extremes that no one is seriously advocating and position yourself as the champion of the reasonable middle ground between these unidentified straw men.

Back to the topic.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This would work if nationalist protection policies and import tarriffs were left in place. The combination of tax breaks for job creators and free international trade is a death sentence for the middle class.

Exactly. Two things the Kochs promote? Tax breaks and open borders. Oh, and lets not forget doing away with OSHA, the EPA, etc. Why? In my opinion, their brand of libertarianism is really a globalist plot to turn America into a nation of sweatshops.

Just disassociating myself with any defense of the EPA. The EPA is an obstructionist organization which, thanks to numerous redundant federal regulation agencies, has way too much power. Their original stated goal of wetland and water protection was admirable, their modern strategy of idealized, unrealistic limits to impact is part of the problem plaguing the nation today.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So your not answering my question by using big words, truly a con artist, cant wait for next election, youll be able to re use the same stuff over and over again, so your stand when from commie muslim dog eater, to progressist are evil evil people, thats a slow evolution but its a start.

Do you ever answer a question, dont think you ever answered one of mines.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

...which is why those tax breaks should be pegged to business investment and jobs created, FULL TIME jobs created, that is. None of this magic bean part time job creation under Obama bullcrap!

I agree! The "jobless recovery" has turned into the "crap job recovery." When it comes the economy, Democrats are basically not much different than Republicans and the corporate welfare is just as bad.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There is no bigger job and wealth destruction thing than the EPA.

Hell ALL regulation in general do the EXACT thing.

They kill jobs.

They kill wealth.

They kill tax revenue collected at the federal level, and the state level.

Saving the planet all the way to the poor house.

God Bless America!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

When it comes the economy, Democrats are basically not much different than Republicans and the corporate welfare is just as bad.

Not much better ?

They are WORSE.

Student loan debt now at 1.2 trilion dollars.

The creation of fanny and freedy guarentee all bank mortgages that the banks get that cash from something the Democrats created the federal reserve.

Social security a guaranteed vow of poverty so they can go out, and buy stuff to live on.

Medicare government ran 'single payer' healthcare that EVERYONE pays for since pay roll taxes doesn't cut it.

So they created taxes on capitol gains call the medicare surtax that hits EVERYONE which is most pensioners.

Medicaid that was suppose to have been for the poor.

All of the above takes new wealth out of the system that just 'redistributes' to whoever the government deems to be 'worthy'.

I have no problems admitting the right has issues.

The left has BIGGER ones.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I would go a step further. Tax breaks if no one under your employ draws government assistance. So if you pay a livable wage you get a tax break.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

If those rich would create livable wage jobs then we all would benefit. yes or no? A record number of Americans are on government benefits because there are not enough good paying jobs. Many on government assistance work full or part time jobs.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

But if the republicans are better with the economy then way has most stock market crashes happen under republican presidents?

The stock market is at a record hi under a democrat.

Recession in the 80's under a republican, how were the 90's? and recession and stock market crash in 2000's under a republican.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
from the YE website;

Vision

To develop in students the passion and skills to succeed in the marketplace and life so they are productive members of society who make their lives and the lives of others better. To achieve this vision we:

Stimulate economic thinking skills

Encourage creative, intelligent risk-taking

Provide practical business experience, and

Instill independence and personal responsibility

Youth Entrepreneurs

No wonder the Progressives hate this.

It actually teaches something !!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

But if the republicans are better with the economy then way has most stock market crashes happen under republican presidents?

The stock market is at a record hi under a democrat.

Recession in the 80's under a republican, how were the 90's? and recession and stock market crash in 2000's under a republican.

What way is it ?

First progressives say wall street is evil,

Then they now OH LOOK how well they are doing. !

That is what the stock market does anyway.

It goes up.

It goes down.

The higher it goes ?

THE BIGGER THE CRASH!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I call them Commies because that's the truth.

They funded Marx and then took on his label and a chunk of his values as their major meme and fantasy structure to coerce, force, manipulate the world into.

That's just historical facts.

They are still at it and about to achieve it . . . i.e. . . . about to spring it overtly onto the world stage and shove every man, woman and child down that garbage chute.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join