It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming to a School near you, The Koch Youth.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The Koch's are coming for your kids.

With the underfunding of Public Schools a group calling themselves “Youth Entrepreneurs” is offering educators a free syllabus of Koch ideology.

The official mission of Youth Entrepreneurs is to provide kids with "business and entrepreneurial education and experiences that help them prosper and become contributing members of society." The underlying goal of the program, however, is to impart Koch's radical free-market ideology to teenagers. In the last school year, the class reached more than 1,000 students across Kansas and Missouri.

Teachers are sent to Koch Boot Camps to learn how to indoctrinate their students while also passing a few happy hours reading the Charles Koch manifesto “The Science of Sucess”.

Koch-funded think tanks provide many of YE's course materials. Teachers are trained at Koch Industries headquarters.

The Students that the Koch's are targeting are from poor areas.

Youth Entrepreneurs states that it is specifically "targeted toward at-risk youth" in predominantly poor school districts. The group agrees to pay for all of the program costs in school districts where at least 40 percent of kids are poor enough to be eligible for free and reduced-price lunches (but none of the costs in districts where fewer than 1 in 5 kids receives reduced-price lunches).

Not only do the Koch's pay for the course, they offer other bribes too.

YE would pay the teachers a stipend above their regular salary, supply them with classroom materials, arrange guest speakers and field trips, and provide students with scholarship opportunities, all at no cost to the school district.

It is unclear what these “scholarship opportunities” are.

Koch High: How The Koch Brothers Are Buying Their Way Into The Minds Of Public School Students

As yet there has been no mention of a supplied school uniform of Brown Shirts, but only time will tell.
edit on Thu Jul 17 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: corrected spelling of "comming" in title

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BritofTexas

I hope that aren't as goose stepping and as indoctrinated as this bunch!

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I'm all for it. There should be a alternative to today's crappy Common Core educational system where every one gets a trophy, passes on the the next grade though their grades don't support it, etc, etc.

Today's schools ran by the left strike me more as Hitler Youth camps more the something than Koch Brothers would put out.

I doubt they'll be any more successful and if that's how they want to spend their money, good on them. It's their money after all.
edit on 17-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

That's great. They can live the authoritarian dream and work as private mercenaries or drone operators.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

With the underfunding of Public Schools

Under funded !!

That is a joke.

Maybe teachers take a pay cut since they don't deliver on what their job is.

To teach people how to think, but the progressive INDOCTRINATION is so much 'better' ! ! !! !

I really do love people who think intelligence is determined by how many billions are blown on kids that is suppose to make them 'smarter'.

Given the sheer amount we currently spend on education in this country?

We should have the smartest, most successful people in the world.

And that is to the tune of BILLIONS.

And we are not even close to being.

But hey RAWR demagogue them 'evil' Koch's ! ! ! ! !

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"become contributing members of society"

In other words, brainwash them to be good little sheep and help the Kochs succeed.

When you see that most politicians are lawyers, then something is wrong.
When you see corporations trying to take control of academia(not that the current controllers are any better) then something's wrong.
Home schooling should become the future.
The Koch family aren't particularly liked here where I live after they poisoned the rivers, then acted like it was no big deal. They got the state to pay for the bottles of water they had to hand out to the people.
Long after the spill, the water still smelled like black licorice, but the Kochs recommended that people drink it and bathe in it anyway. It was just a burden to the Kochs. How dare the people drinking water stand in their way!
edit on 17-7-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here's a great example of today's oh so steller education.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

"become contributing members of society"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

We have too many takers, and not enough makers.

I guess sitting on the couch. Watching reality TV, and posting lives away on facebook, and getting that monthly stipend from that benevolent government is 'the way to be'.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

First thing I thought of was the Lebowski Urban Achievers

I fear the Kochs way less than I fear the dimwits in DC.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You can't teach a child that doesn't want to learn, or comes from a family that doesn't value education.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Or is in an environment in which virtually no one wants to learn, and those who profess to want to are ridiculed to the point of sometimes physical attack. Yeah, it happens.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So some overzealous kids in 2008 decided to make some really bizarre fanboy video and.....?

How about we deal with real s#? Was that paid for, encouraged or endorsed by then candidate Obama? (Obama wasn't even elected when that video "surfaced") The government? The Democratic Party? Was it part of some sort of program?

So how is it relevant? There's a difference between people deciding to do something of their own volition with no orchestration by a political candidate or his campaign and Koch agents designing a "high school free market and liberty-based course."

It's institutionalized dissemination of propaganda for the Koch brother's brand of sociopathic capitalism. I can see the meeting, "We got the parents and grandparents with the Tea Party, we've been funding keggers for college kids but it's just not enough! WE MUST START EARLIER!"

What's next? Koch Bros funded daycare?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

We have too many takers, and not enough makers.

Wow. Listen to you spouting FASCIST propaganda slogans. Big fan of the Koch Method? What's with your worship of the wealthy?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: seeker1963

So some overzealous kids in 2008 decided to make some really bizarre fanboy video and.....?

How about we deal with real s#? Was that paid for, encouraged or endorsed by then candidate Obama? (Obama wasn't even elected when that video "surfaced") The government? The Democratic Party? Was it part of some sort of program?

So how is it relevant? There's a difference between people deciding to do something of their own volition with no orchestration by a political candidate or his campaign and Koch agents designing a "high school free market and liberty-based course."

It's institutionalized dissemination of propaganda for the Koch brother's brand of sociopathic capitalism. I can see the meeting, "We got the parents and grandparents with the Tea Party, we've been funding keggers for college kids but it's just not enough! WE MUST START EARLIER!"

What's next? Koch Bros funded daycare?

Overzealous kids???? Really?

I am sure adults were responsible for this brainwashing!

Your desperation to defend is showing......

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

You can't teach a child that doesn't want to learn, or comes from a family that doesn't value education.

All I know is you can't teach intelligence. People are born with or not.

Sure kids can be taught to regurgitate facts and figures, and 'revisionist' history, but the only thing that makes them is a walking parrot.

Basically what the American education system is of mass production. That is only interested in turning out numbers.

Instead of quality.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Maybe they can ultimately duke it out with the illegals from the $50M resort the feds are creating.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Wow. Listen to you spouting FASCIST propaganda slogans. Big fan of the Koch Method? What's with your worship of the wealthy?

Better than worshiping at the alter of statolatry like all progressives do.

People need to get over it.

Some people will always have more than others.

In the past 10,000 years of mankind that has NEVER changed.

Btw the way rob from the haves, and give to the have nots is FASCIST !

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You mispelled a word in the title, which is needlessly inflammatory as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I want to know how this is worse than the leftist propaganda indoctrination that our current education system spews out. Seems to me like it is just evening out the playing field. Now kids can grow up learning right or left leaning ideology. Still not what I'd consider an ideal situation (I'd rather them not be taught either and keep the facts ideology neutral, but that is practically impossible). So what are you so upset for? That the Progressive monopoly on education may be weakened?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What we need are more of this type of education...

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join