It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disease Threat From Immigrant Children Wildly Overstated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I heard them discussing this on the radio this morning on my way to work so i looked into a little and this is what I have found so far. This article opens the doors for so many discussion points i dont even know where to start, so I just want to put the info out there without trying to push the discussion one way or another.

Here is the article from the www.texasobserver.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Texas Observer

Consider, for example, Guatemala. According to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Guatemalan kids are more likely than Texans to be immunized for most infectious diseases. Guatemala has universal health care. Vaccines are 100 percent funded by the government.

By comparison, one in six kids in Texas is uninsured, and even insured families often must pay for vaccination. That means that many Texas kids fall behind on vaccinations, or miss them altogether when their family can’t afford a doctor’s visit. Other families refuse vaccination.

When is doubt start a fear campaign. Dont get me wrong illegal immigration is still illegal in my opinion, but can we get past the over exaggeration and outright lies? This does nothing but breed hate and resentment for others, but hey it gets votes. We all know how this broken system works but just for the chance someone doesnt here it is.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's incredibly obvious for people with common sense (the few left) that this issue is pure propaganda. The amount of people who are buying into this nonsense on ATS is just mind-boggling.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's a lot easier to be mean to innocent children if you can convince yourself that they're "diseased".

This is all part of the anti-Obama propaganda. They're instilling fear and blaming it on Obama. It's disgusting. Besides, there are plenty of REAL issues to be critical of Obama about. Why use the innocent children?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The disease issue is just one small part of the problem.

Whether true or not it really has no bearing on the crisis we are facing.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Senators

Yes a small part of the problem that is being blown up into a huge part of the problem which is detracting from the real parts of the problem.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
How is it detracting from anything?

Are you implying that people wouldn't care about this crisis if they realized that the disease issue was not as big as the media is making it out to be?

The crisis would still be here and still be a major concern.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There's been a long history of this sort of denigration.

Cartoon from the 1800's depicting Irish immigrants in the same fashion:

- Could be terrorists
- Voter fraud
- Violent criminal behavior
- Looking for hand outs

and of course, THEY BRING FRIGHTFUL DISEASE! (1905)

It's the same old propaganda.
edit on 2014-7-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Its detracting from finding a solution by not talking about the real issues and making people fear/hate the illegal immigrants. Yes they are illegal and yes its a problem but i would think we would not have to hate them.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasSeabee

Its detracting from finding a solution by not talking about the real issues and making people fear/hate the illegal immigrants. Yes they are illegal and yes its a problem but i would think we would not have to hate them.

So Obama is not capable of multi-tasking?

He simply does not have the ability to find a solution because the media is hyping up the disease story?

Sounds like someone who is not qualified to be President then, don't you agree?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Honest question not trying to do a gotcha or anything, I have been jumping through my backside getting ready to move so haven't followed this as closely as I should.. so here goes.

Last I remember reading darn few reporters are allowed in and very few politicians are allowed in, so where is good solid verifiable information coming from? wouldn't a report backing the other side of the argument just be propaganda in a different direction if it lacks secondary verification?

Obviously if my original premise is wrong I apologize for saying anything.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

Vaccination isn't the issue. You can't vaccinate against TB, Staph, Lice, scabies. All which have been found on these children. Last time I checked H1N1 vaccines killed a few people. The way they are housed is the main issue. One person with any of the afflictions I listed could infect any one of those large rooms I saw packed full of immigrants. Do I think all these people are just sickly and plague infected? No I don't. I also don't believe that they are all women and children either. It seems that people just like to hear the spin that suits them best.

People tend to forget there are numerous strains of numerous viruses. Even if EVERY american child was vaccinated it wouldnt mean they were vaccinated against the strain of the disease that was brought up from central america.

That being said both sides are being played like a fiddle. One side is letting them tug at their heart strings, the other side is letting them tug at their inner bigot. Me....I'm selfish. I don't want one red cent of my tax money to go to these mofos. I'd rather it be spent on things like...iunno...programs at my daughters school maybe? Food for the local food pantry. Big Brothers and Big Sisters. Wounded veterans. People in homeless shelters. Peoples priorities are all messed up. You don't feed the neighbors kid and let your kid starve.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Senators
How is it detracting from anything?

Are you implying that people wouldn't care about this crisis if they realized that the disease issue was not as big as the media is making it out to be?

The crisis would still be here and still be a major concern.

Think that one through. The disease issue "not as big as the media is making it out to be." But still, it's a CRISIS. The CRISIS at the border. It's a BORDER CRISIS. We're being invaded! We have to do something before it's too late!

That one is from 1902. The only crisis I see is an American identity crisis. We spend TRILLIONS of dollars to "liberate" people in the ME because we're such caring people that we want everyone else to enjoy the same freedom we do but 50 or 60 thousand refugee children fleeing from banana republics? Places like Guatemala where we (the CIA) toppled a democratically elected government and installed our own military junta, plunging them into 50 years of civil war TO INSURE PROFITS FOR AMERICAN INVESTORS? Hell no! Send those diseased brats back!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Honest question not trying to do a gotcha or anything, I have been jumping through my backside getting ready to move so haven't followed this as closely as I should.. so here goes.

Last I remember reading darn few reporters are allowed in and very few politicians are allowed in, so where is good solid verifiable information coming from? wouldn't a report backing the other side of the argument just be propaganda in a different direction if it lacks secondary verification?

Obviously if my original premise is wrong I apologize for saying anything.

The fact that no reporters are allowed in and they are supposedly doing these people a favor should be the biggest red flag to anyone with a brain. ALL of these people aren't children, so they can't use that excuse as to why they can't let them be interviewed. They don't put gag orders on people when nothing out of the ordinary is going on. Yet people insists it's all rainbows and sunshine.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

He simply does not have the ability to find a solution because the media is hyping up the disease story?

He could do what Reagan did with his illegal immigration crisis in 1986 and grant them amnesty?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You are missing the bigger picture. Once word get's out that America will take you in that 50-60 thousand number is going to balloon into the millions, possibly tens of millions.

See the problem yet?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He could do what Reagan did with his illegal immigration crisis in 1986 and grant them amnesty?

I suppose he could, but as we saw with Reagan, that did nothing to fix the problem.

In another decade or so we will have to do amnesty again....why not just open the border then?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch
You can't vaccinate against TB

I don't know if I should read any further...

TB Vaccine

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: rustyclutch
You can't vaccinate against TB

I don't know if I should read any further...

TB Vaccine

Thank you for the correction. Also, they don't have vaccines for every strain. Continue reading.

MDR-TB
edit on 16-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

The Texas Observer isn't a reliable source for factual information and in my opinion, that should have been pointed out at the outset. The Observer makes no bones about their bias: "Texas news, politics, and culture from a progressive-left viewpoint since 1954". Weighing in on the vaccination issue is a point of misdirection. The problem hasn't been diseases for which vaccines are available, the problem has been about communicable diseases for which no vaccine is available.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) has raised the bar a little further than most.....

"Reports of illegal immigrants carrying deadly diseases such as swine flu, dengue fever, Ebola virus and tuberculosis are particularly concerning," Gingrey wrote.

Source

That would indeed be concerning. What does the World Health Organization say about Ebola?

EVD outbreaks occur primarily in remote villages in Central and West Africa, near tropical rainforests.

Source

But Gingrey is just a layman,right? He wouldn't have any Medical expertise, right?

Dr. Gingrey completed his internship at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, and his residency at the Medical College of Georgia. He also completed a rotation during this time at Doctor's Hospital in Columbus. Upon completion of his medical training, Dr. Gingrey moved his young family to Marietta where he set up a pro-life OB-GYN practice. For 26 years, Phil built a successful practice and delivered more than 5,200 babies.

Source

A Doctor of over 26 years fear mongering for political gain?

Who voted for this sad excuse of a human being?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join