It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Year Old Rock Paintings Depicting Aliens And UFOs Found In Chhattisgarh, India

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: awakehuman
Chhattisgarh state department of archaeology and culture plans to seek help from Nasa and Isro for research on 10,000-year-old rock paintings depicting aliens and UFOs in Charama region in Kanker district in tribal Bastar region.

Located about 130km from Raipur, the caves come under village Chandeli and Gotitola.

Source : www.ufo-blogger.com...

Always an assumption because of lack of evidence and, in this case, pareidolia. Same thing in Australia and, of course, the rest of the world. Some people are such believers that they make a leap of faith 'cause they're driven to believe without any kind of evidence.

What do I see in the photos of the rock paintings? Ancient depictions of people and whatever primitive technical accomplishments aided by mental expansion.

Aliens and UFOs? Not in our life, OP.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
Nice find!

S&F OP.

I wonder if the paintings have already been accurately dated, or if they are speculating on the age. That's an important detail.

~Namaste

No it isn't! Regardless of age all that is shown are reprentations of what a reply stated: respected elders.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

If you have done any reading about the alien situation you would know that many believe the Movies and Tv are based on real things in many cases. There is the story of Eisenhower making an agreement with them long ago and many other stories that say they have been kept secret but world governments deal with them regularly.

yes I am familiar with those stories. It would be quite impossible to detangle where the idea of "alien" originated but stories of "beings" go as far back as people existing. There are quite literally thousands of examples of stories of aliens based on human imagination alone and there are quite literally zero known aliens. So we can only imagine Eisenhower met with aliens since the evidence to support this is rather imaginative.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well then.. I decided to do some photo enhancing on the part depicting the alien looking entity.
This just shocked me more, looks like those described by many abductees

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There are several beliefs among locals in these villages. While few worship the paintings, others narrate stories they have heard from ancestors about "rohela people" — the small sized ones — who used to land from sky in a round shaped flying object and take away one or two persons of village who never returned.

From the site annotating the photos and I would guess that's why they are making the jump to these possibly being depictions of said "aliens". I guess the fascinating thing is that, they do bare a passing resemblance to the classic "grey" type "aliens" and might therefore suggest their image is deeply ingrained in our psyches. The local legend has a definite echo in the Western European tradition of the "little people from under the hill" who take people and that, whilst they are away, time passes totally differently for them and the world they originally came from.

Thankfully, we are beginning to re-evaluate many of these old legends with a slightly less hackneyed eye than previous dogmatic and elitist generations, who treated everything non western as "childish, inferior and an affront to their narrow minded views".

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: awakehuman

Hi there. Well these paintings are obviously from a very ancient time. Yet, like other members have stated, it is jumping the gun somewhat to refer to them as aliens and UFOs. They could just as easily be described as human forms and human related depictions. A sandal could have made those footprints and over time be smoothed out with erosion.

Just to give an example: What would distant future generations make of say Michelangelo's frescos in the ruins with no reference point when making out the prospective time worn images of angels and Heavenly beings?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Regardless it's still very interesting !
Bring back time travel ?
Errm from the future !
Brain emplodes !
S+f

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireMoon
There are several beliefs among locals in these villages. While few worship the paintings, others narrate stories they have heard from ancestors about "rohela people" — the small sized ones — who used to land from sky in a round shaped flying object and take away one or two persons of village who never returned.

From the site annotating the photos and I would guess that's why they are making the jump to these possibly being depictions of said "aliens". I guess the fascinating thing is that, they do bare a passing resemblance to the classic "grey" type "aliens" and might therefore suggest their image is deeply ingrained in our psyches. The local legend has a definite echo in the Western European tradition of the "little people from under the hill" who take people and that, whilst they are away, time passes totally differently for them and the world they originally came from.

Thankfully, we are beginning to re-evaluate many of these old legends with a slightly less hackneyed eye than previous dogmatic and elitist generations, who treated everything non western as "childish, inferior and an affront to their narrow minded views".

There is nothing "deeply ingrained in our psyches" as you obviously believe. "Grey aliens" are a modern manufacture.

en.wikipedia.org...
Grey aliens, also referred to as "Greys", "Grays", "Roswell Greys", and "Zetans", are alleged extraterrestrial beings whose existence is promoted in ufological, paranormal, and New Age communities, and who are named for their skin color. Around half of all reported alien encounters in the United States describe Grey aliens. Such claims vary in every respect including their nature (ETs, extradimensionals, demons, or machines), origins, moral dispositions, intentions, and physical appearances (even varying in their eponymous skin color). A composite description derived from overlap in claims would have Greys as small-bodied sexless beings with smooth grey-colored skin, enlarged head and large black eyes.

The origin of the idea of the Grey is commonly associated with the Betty and Barney Hill abduction claim which took place 1961, although skeptics see precursors in science fiction and earlier paranormal claims. The Grey aliens are also famous from the Roswell UFO incident from 1947. ...

History[edit]

In the 1893 article "Man of the Year Million", H. G. Wells envisaged humanity transformed into a race of grey-skinned beings, stunted and with big heads. (Compare the Morlocks of Wells's 1895 novel, The Time Machine, who appear greyish-white and large-eyed, but hairy.) In his 1901 book The First Men in the Moon, Wells described Selenites (natives of the Moon) as having grey skin, big heads, large black eyes and wasp-stings. He also briefly describes aliens resembling Greys brought down to Earth as food by the Martian antagonists of his 1898 novel The War of the Worlds.

In 1933, the Swedish novelist Gustav Sandgren, using the pen name Gabriel Linde, published a science-fiction novel called Den okända faran (The Unknown Danger), in which he describes a race of extraterrestrials: "[...] the creatures did not resemble any race of humans. They were short, shorter than the average Japanese, and their heads were big and bald, with strong, square foreheads, and very small noses and mouths, and weak chins. What was most extraordinary about them were the eyes – large, dark, gleaming, with a sharp gaze. They wore clothes made of soft grey fabric, and their limbs seemed to be similar to those of humans." The novel, aimed at young readers, included illustrations of the imagined aliens.

Star map of Zeta Reticuli, according to Betty Hill and Marjorie Fish
In 1965 newspaper reports of the Betty and Barney Hill abduction brought Greys to international attention. The alleged abductees, Betty and Barney Hill, claimed that in 1961 alien beings had abducted them and taken them to a saucer-shaped spaceship. (The term "Greys" did not come into usage until many years later, but the alleged beings described by Betty and Barney Hill generally fit many of the common traits of the so-called Greys.)

No irrefutable evidence has ever been presented to support the Roswell "UFO" legend or that the Hills were abducted.
They are only articles of faith.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Uggielicious

The fact you quote wiki really gives anyone who cares, a decent summary of your knowledge about this subject. Try looking up "Svartálfar" otherwise known as the "black elves" . Then again your sort tend to think that Stephen King invented the "Tommyknockers". Legends of a small and highly developed race of beings, who have a wholly ambiguous relationship with humans are legion from India to Ireland, in other words, ingrained into the psyche of the whole of the occidental population.
edit on 15-7-2014 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Fun information. I"m glad you posted it. I"m not surprised at where this was found. That part of the world has a long rich history of stories of the 'gods' (aliens). With that in mind, the pictures make sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
The shape of the head, the eyes, the long thin fingers (and toes) ....
Yeah, that matches a lot of descriptions of modern day abductions.
And like I said ... the part of the world there has a lot of ancient
stories about 'gods' (aliens) and their ships ....

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Well then.. I decided to do some photo enhancing on the part depicting the alien looking entity.
This just shocked me more, looks like those described by many abductees

If you look at this painting, you see dark spots all over it that are the same as what you consider the left eye. The eyes are not symmetrical either. So are you suggesting that we overlook the spots on the alien? Are there any reports of spotted aliens? Which parts do we take literally and which parts do we ignore

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I feel sad for the people who believe that every little thing in ancient cave art or writings describe aliens. Yes, I believe we've been visited and are currently being visited by a multitude of different beings and they may have had SOME influence in past cultures, but some people on this site want to point at every ancient thing and scream ALIENS!

"Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel is NOT CORRECT, they lie and fabricate and ignore things that don't agree with their viewpoints. Not every culture needs the assistance of extraterrestrials to help them achieve things, humans can do it fine on their own.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnthejedi24
I feel sad for the people who believe that every little thing in ancient cave art or writings describe aliens. Yes, I believe we've been visited and are currently being visited by a multitude of different beings and they may have had SOME influence in past cultures, but some people on this site want to point at every ancient thing and scream ALIENS!

"Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel is NOT CORRECT, they lie and fabricate and ignore things that don't agree with their viewpoints. Not every culture needs the assistance of extraterrestrials to help them achieve things, humans can do it fine on their own.

I don´t care where the information comes from, as long one can sort it and dig into whats worth digging in to.
east, west, north, south... we need to look for a pattern if there is one.. traces that can tell us a story about our past.

Mainstream media will not dare to dig into this, the everyday human don't dare to dig into this an tell about it.. its not social acceptable to deviate from the norm.. we are a pack of animals, but with smart brains, lets use those brains to explore where exploring can be done, without being afraid of leaving treading wheel.

We need to look behind every corner.

And not think about it as a YES or NO question, its a maybe
until forever
we need a mystery
we need a place to explore
we need to live

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Could these paintings have any connection to Australian Aboriginal rock art? they look similar in style to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DazDaKing
a reply to: Char-Lee

Lol yeah. The OP should really edit them in because I bet a large amount of people won't even visit the link.

The 2nd photo you linked is fascinating. I'm thinking it's a hoax or perhaps a more recent painting because unlike the others I can't seem to find any 'official' link to it.

It depicts a guy in flipping armour/helmet and with a sword/rapier like weapon for starters.

I believe the artwork is considered to be scenes from the life of Rama. I don't know enough about Rama and his exploits to determine that for myself.

You might look into it from that angle.

If that's the case, these are certainly not 10,000 years old.

The art is fron a site near the village of Gotitola, if that helps your search.

Link to more pictures from the site: link

It is not newly discovered.

Harte

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: awakehuman

In this first one, It looks like someone painted Indians wearing Turbans to me. Considering that these are located in India, and many Indian tribes have been wearing Turbans for thousands of years, it's very likely the case. Could have even been a child who painted them.

I do recognize the out of proportioned bodies, but that usually is the case when something is found painted on Rock from long ago. Course nobody can be sure, but I love thinking about these kinds of things. I want it to be drawings of Aliens, just not 100% convinced at this point.

Would love to see it in person though, and then have some spicy Chicken Tandoori with a side of cucumbers in Yogurt for lunch. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireMoon
a reply to: Uggielicious

The fact you quote wiki really gives anyone who cares, a decent summary of your knowledge about this subject. Try looking up "Svartálfar" otherwise known as the "black elves" . Then again your sort tend to think that Stephen King invented the "Tommyknockers". Legends of a small and highly developed race of beings, who have a wholly ambiguous relationship with humans are legion from India to Ireland, in other words, ingrained into the psyche of the whole of the occidental population.

Your reply is typical of people who are not logical thinkers since you criticize a source that is just that, a source. Many good things can be said for the usefulness of Wikipedia. Like any source, it is up to the searcher to cross-reference with other sources. Wiki is not a dead end.

But when it comes to legends no source is good enough to supply a final answer. Religious believers take the jewish bible at face value. We know better.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
All these sloppy figure drawings in caves... How do you know it's not all ancient children's artwork??? Kids like to draw. Why does everyone assume by default adults drew all this ancient art?

Have your 4-year-old-to-7-year-old draw someone... Yeah.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: awakehuman

Even though what some on here may think this looks like the spitting image of gray aliens, I am going to have to decide (contrary to my own eyes) that this is nothing more than a pack of shaved wild bears.

Why shaved wild bears? Because someone before me already took "blurry humans".
/End sarcasm

This is a really damn good find, and at face value I'd say you've found something very special.
Now, can we prove that these cave paintings haven't been tampered with?
That'd be a nice start.
The damn picture looks precisely what thousands have been seeing in the middle of the night.

Follow the evidence, wherever it leads. That's our duty as amateur investigators and scientists.
"deciding" what you want things to be is not going to help advance mankind.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join