It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: jonnywhite

Do you know if the radiation concerns were for that of the public who might be exposed from it's take off or for that of the passengers? I appreciate you posting more info on it. I am trying to get through the episode of "The Strain" so was going to investigate tomorrow

Clay and Ewok great last 2 posts!

The main issue was the added weight to the aircraft that the reactor and all of its shielding would add to the aircraft..

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I see thanks. You know it would be awesome if we could build ships in space wouldn't it? I think it would solve a lot of problems, you could make things as big and heavy as you wanted to. Seems like we should have done that a hell of along time ago.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
. I remember reading the navy has sent subs under the poles to gain information. I think for a long time that was all we had to estimate the ice thickness.

Certainly for the Boreal Pole, but not for the Austral Pole, as there is solid land there...but yeah, submarines are awesome and I reckon they're great analogues for interstellar craft

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Did it?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Apparently not?

In case you missed my reply on last page. You asked about magicians and how they do their tricks. I replied through Misdirection.

Also I watched a cool program tonight that talked about a company that has made Zero G 3D printers. Said they can make 1/3 of all the parts/components that have ever needed replaced in the ISS. While it would be better to see a larger % of parts able to manufacture in the space station, it is cool that they will be able to do any manufacturing in space really.

Now can they make some really big as 3D printers and start making ship? Kind of off topic but related to my last post and I think relevant enough to the topic at hand. I would think that Space or edge of Space manufacturing would be necessary/required for Interstellar Ship construction.
edit on 7/14/2014 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Exactly. So meanwhile everyone is freaking out about the Air Force starships over here, while over there is the real action.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok that makes sense. Any comment on those smart guys guessing Navy instead of Airforce? Is that a warm or cold guess? I know you can't say for sure.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
For everyone's info, this ad is about a year old now:

Note: You will have to click on the video 'American Airman: Col. Alvin Drew' 2nd row down
www.rs.af.mil...

Being discussed in August last year here:

www.facebook.com...

And a whole thread on this video also right here on ATS from last September:

Does U.S. Air Force have "starships"?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Nothing to do with what he liked as a child.

Anything that captured my imagination was just fascinating to me."

Notice the past tense?

Airplanes, Rockets, Space ships, Star ships; anything that captured my imagination was just fascinating to me."

That's what he said. He was talking about growing up being fascinated with everything and anything that flew.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
S&F!

WOW!

This has been an ULTIMATE GOLD level thread IMO and I can't help but add a thread I once read ...

"Once upon a time on ATS ... long long ago ... far far away in the depths of the archives ... boldly we go ..."

NAVY Space Command Uncovered (posted by zorgon)

It is our contention that the US NAVY is in charge despite the existence of the USAF Space Command, just like in Star Trek it is the NAVY that commands the space fleet.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Nothing to do with what he liked as a child.

Anything that captured my imagination was just fascinating to me."

Notice the past tense?

Airplanes, Rockets, Space ships, Star ships; anything that captured my imagination was just fascinating to me."

That's what he said. He was talking about growing up being fascinated with everything and anything that flew.

Actually, that is still incorrect. That was my fault for saying he said something he didn't. The first part is correct, but then he says "If it left the surface of the earth, and went somewhere else on an adventure, it just captured my imagination". While it is in past tense, no where in the commercial at least that I linked mentions anything about his childhood. Never says the word kid, child, or anything related. I will grant you that he says "captured" and not "captures" however.

Again, I wasn't claiming this was any kind of proof of anything, I just thought it was interesting. I still question why they are talking about Star Ships when they "don't exist" as far as we/anyone knows. Why would he talk about this and not flying cars or hover boards? They didn't capture his imagination? All 3 of them have nothing to do with the AF. Then you take into consideration that they were developing Star Ships and went as far as ground testing then canceled the program. Which according to folks here in the know screams of going black apparently. Take from it what you will.

originally posted by: AgentSmith
For everyone's info, this ad is about a year old now:

Note: You will have to click on the video 'American Airman: Col. Alvin Drew' 2nd row down
www.rs.af.mil...

Being discussed in August last year here:

www.facebook.com...

And a whole thread on this video also right here on ATS from last September:

Does U.S. Air Force have "starships"?

Thank you, that explains why I couldn't find it. I searched as well as looked through the board 5 or 6 pages back and didn't see it. I had no idea it was that old of a commercial, I thought it was new. Mod is replying though so I assume it isn't hurting anything to not delete it. The other threads are after all over a year old.

a reply to: DietJoke
Why thank you! I have authored very few threads over my career here, but I am certain I have never had anyone say "Star and Flag" on any of them. I greatly appreciate it. I can't take credit for any of the interesting discussion though, that goes to the posters. Thanks for your thread link, I think that establishes that the guesses of Navy must be correct!

On a side note, I can't believe Zorgon is banned. Seems like a whole slew of old guard all got banned in the last year, lots of posters that were very active and well know. Sad to see them go. I am always surprised to go through older threads and see those names banned. Many of them really confound me.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The othe intresting thing was the hacker gary mckinon

When he got into NASA database he said he found a list of off planet military personel and military craft in orbit.

One of the intresting idea the USAF had before it canned orion was to out 12 10,000 ton orion ships in high and even lunar orbit. In the book I read on this its even hinted this idea but more refined was looked at as part of the SDI

Only problem is if you launch a nuclear pulse ship the bangs so big the whole world will know you launched one.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Actually, that is still incorrect. That was my fault for saying he said something he didn't. The first part is correct, but then he says "If it left the surface of the earth, and went somewhere else on an adventure, it just captured my imagination". While it is in past tense, no where in the commercial at least that I linked mentions anything about his childhood. Never says the word kid, child, or anything related. I will grant you that he says "captured" and not "captures" however.

Again, I wasn't claiming this was any kind of proof of anything, I just thought it was interesting. I still question why they are talking about Star Ships when they "don't exist" as far as we/anyone knows. Why would he talk about this and not flying cars or hover boards? They didn't capture his imagination? All 3 of them have nothing to do with the AF. Then you take into consideration that they were developing Star Ships and went as far as ground testing then canceled the program. Which according to folks here in the know screams of going black apparently. Take from it what you will.

So childhood is implicitly referred to and that's not what he's talking about.
But using Star-ship as an explicit example of something that captured his imagination in his past (when he was younger), makes the entire commercial suspicious?

Colonel Alvin Drew: Wiki

Drew recalls having a desire to be a pilot from as early as four years old.[4] In October 1968, at the age of five, Drew saw the Apollo 7 launch on television, and thereafter reputedly wished to become astronaut.[4]

He's referring to his childhood.
edit on 7/14/2014 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Unless of course you find another way to get it into orbit, or assemble it in space.

Lot of classified heavy rocket launches over the years weren't there. Not to mention black projects.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The othe intresting thing was the hacker gary mckinon

When he got into NASA database he said he found a list of off planet military personel and military craft in orbit.

Non-Terrestrial Naval Officers.IIRC

One of the intresting idea the USAF had before it canned orion was to out 12 10,000 ton orion ships in high and even lunar orbit. In the book I read on this its even hinted this idea but more refined was looked at as part of the SDI

the late 50s early 60s threw some weird ideas into the pot. Lord knows some of them were so weird they vanished over night.

Only problem is if you launch a nuclear pulse ship the bangs so big the whole world will know you launched one.

Why launch from earths surface? why not....orbital push? dark side of the moon? That would be a little slice of paradise to work away on far from prying eyes. Then seriously I'd move it way out of the earths optical reach.

If they did go out, they'd of had 50 years to build an inner solar system capable fleet utilising another form of propulsion to aid in its covert nature (in the 50s and 60s how many amateur astronomers with video were there? oh and how many modern people keep reporting 'I saw a bright light, small, star, just flash into life and then gone again)

edit on 14-7-2014 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

It actually would be very inefficient to use a nuclear pulse engine to get the spacecraft into orbit. We have better ways to do that, using less fuel and obviously being a lot more low-profile. But using such an engine in space can accelerate you to insanely fast speeds in a very short amount of time.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

We are just arguing semantics now that is pointless, but no I don't believe childhood was implicitly referred to at any time during the commercial I linked. Again, at no time does he mention his child hood, or being a child or kid or anything. The only thing that leads us to believe, or at least me, that he is talking about the past is the past tense use of the word "captured". If that was present tense you would have no reason to believe he wasn't talking about the present, the rest of it doesn't necessarily signify the past what so ever.

In reply to your wiki link, as far as I can hear or see, that has nothing to do with the commercial what so ever. Taken in context with the commercial I would agree it is relevant. However if you just watch the commercial I have no reason to think he is talking about his child hood. The past is anything before today ( or the day it was filmed) so it could have been anytime during his past. When he was a child, a teenager, a college student, a new recruit, just a normal airman, anytime up to becoming an astronaut.

I will state for the 3rd time, I just thought it was interesting. I wasn't offering it as proof of a conspiracy. Taken with the information in this thread it seems to be relevant. Unless you just ignore the rest of the thread. It was posted to foster discussion, which it has done to my satisfaction. I was happy to read the replies that came from people that know far more than I do.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Nope - too derailing.

Removed.
edit on 14-7-2014 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: crazyewok

Unless of course you find another way to get it into orbit, or assemble it in space.

Lot of classified heavy rocket launches over the years weren't there. Not to mention black projects.

True but a pretty expensive way though.

I never pegged you to be one to believe the American military in space conspiracy

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

However if you just watch the commercial I have no reason to think he is talking about his child hood.

Taken with the information in this thread it seems to be relevant. Unless you just ignore the rest of the thread.

Funny thing about context and information, that - you can add the extra info about star-ships from this thread and his wording is relevant, but taking information about his fascination all things air & space from the age of 5 is thrown out the window; because without it, the significance of the commercials wording changes.

I assure you; despite the fact that you'll never believe me, that he's referring to growing up wanting for nothing more than to be an astronaut; implying that he'd achieved his dreams with the Airforce and NASA with his opening sentence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join