It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hi Guys!

I am excited to have something to post a thread about in this section I have come to love so much. While it could be questionable as to its relevance to Aircraft projects, you guys are the ones that I would like to hear from and I am afraid if I just put it in General it would be lost to the opinions I care about the most.

www.youtube.com...

This is a USAF commercial I just saw on T.V.. For anyone not able to watch youtube it is a airman talking about how great his job is to involve airplanes, helicoptors, rockets, space ships, and star ships. Wait a minute, Starships? WTF are those? We don't have any of those..do we?

I have my own opinion but I am curious to see what you guys think. Why would they say starships, when as far as we know they are just a dream? I don't quite get why they would mention them even if they did have them, when it certainly isn't public knowledge.
edit on 7/13/2014 by sputniksteve because: Mistake in thread name.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have seen that on TV, I caught the same thing, it does seem obvious these days that someone is trying to get us ready for the reality that we are NOT alone in this universe, I am waiting for the day we finally all know for sure.

Peace

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

The question is, what's the difference between a starship and a spaceship?

Starship has interstellar capabilities.
Spaceship or spacecraft is what we know what NASA uses publicly

That's my two cents
edit on 13-7-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Dig through here. It gets good several pages in. ATS Aircraft Projects- Weird California Sighting

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well, well!! He sure got your attention, didn't he?! No coincidence he mentioned Starships last, not one bit. Good advertising and PR piece, that is all. I belive NASA did make a model of a prototype Starship for display, but that was just good scifi imagination and micro scale, model engineering, w/o engine theory or material/blueprint specs. They have far too much idle time, good ideas need funding! The USAF would love to generate new enlistees who want to work on Starships! Just like the Army and Navy sell World travel, and all the cool stuff. I will believe the Starship building when they stop talking about it!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic

Dig through here. It gets good several pages in. ATS Aircraft Projects- Weird California Sighting

Oh yes, I have been through that thread! I even commented that it might be the best thread I have read on ATS in 8 years. It is partly why I hold the opinion that I do.

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

The question is, what's the difference between a starship and a spaceship?

Starship has interstellar capabilities.
Spaceship or spacecraft is what we know what NASA uses publicly

That's my two cents

Yup, that was my point too! Star ship is insinuating that it is capable of travel beyond our Solar System at the very least, which I certainly don't know about any of those.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Well... I think I'd leave all of my ethics and morality behind to join the USAF if they actually had a star ship I could "spread democracy" from.

Heck, I might even salute the flag for that one.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There's another thread about this, and I'll say the same thing here. If you sit down and really think about it, the Air Force is a bad choice for starships.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Just making sure. This is the only forum that thread-drift can be a wonderful thing. That one started somewhat tame, and then, WHAMMO.

I lurk on the AP board all the time, but mostly leave the discussion to the big boys who are in the know. Though I do sometimes hate the way they tease us with such cryptic answers, but fully understand why. That all-expenses-paid trip to Cuba ain't all its cracked up to be, from what i hear.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Yeah we do, space shuttles with freakin rockets attached to them.

Guess how many astronauts were in the USAF?

United States Air Force astronauts

Chances are the pilots for star ships will be from the USAF.
edit on 13-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Not to burst anyone's bubble (lord knows, i'd love it to be true...), but i think you are all jumping the gun a bit.
If you listen to the narrative, he is basically talking about things that he loved as a kid that made him want to join.
from planes to "starship's".
Maybe he was a trekkie as a kid??
I mean, i wanted to fly a Viper (BSG) as a kid, dosn't mean the Galactica is real...
While i do believe that the US has more tech than they are letting on, "Starship's" is a HUUUGE leap.

Just my 2c.
Cheers.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ScorpiusMaximus

You might be surprised. There's at least one project for a high speed spacecraft that suddenly got canceled, despite everything going better than they expected. That's usually a pretty good sign of something going black.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That is quite interesting. As well I take it your first post was meant to be more informative then it actually was? I know, you can't answer.

Thanks for not zapping me out of the AP section too.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScorpiusMaximus
Not to burst anyone's bubble (lord knows, i'd love it to be true...), but i think you are all jumping the gun a bit.
If you listen to the narrative, he is basically talking about things that he loved as a kid that made him want to join.
from planes to "starship's".
Maybe he was a trekkie as a kid??
I mean, i wanted to fly a Viper (BSG) as a kid, dosn't mean the Galactica is real...
While i do believe that the US has more tech than they are letting on, "Starship's" is a HUUUGE leap.

Just my 2c.
Cheers.

Not to burst your bubble bubba but you couldn't be more wrong! Re watch the commecial, no where at all does he say anything like what you said. At all.

I think his exact words are"

"Every day I wake up in the Airforce thinking I have the greatest job in the world. Airplanes, Rockets, Space ships, Star ships. Anything that captured my imagination was just fascinating to me." or something very close. Nothing to do with what he liked as a child.
edit on 7/13/2014 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yeah, there's so much more I could say, but it's against my religion to wear orange in hot climates.

Just think about it for awhile, and maybe I'll drop some more clues.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I will be thinking and watching then. As usual. It is thanks to this section of the forum that I even caught this I believe.

I just can't for the life of me think why USAF would have "star ships" in it's commercial at all to the point that no one during editing stopped to say something. It had to be approved, so it was on purpose. As a civilian rere I assume that Starships isn't even in their vocabulary.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

How does a magician do a magic trick?

Trust me, this is relevant.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
There's another thread about this, and I'll say the same thing here. If you sit down and really think about it, the Air Force is a bad choice for starships.

Navy?
Don't dare say coast guard!

Only because the navy seems more advanced on knowledge.... and capable of knocking a satellite out of space from a sea platform...
All of which I said has nothing to do with where your headed....I assume....
edit on 13-7-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
People who make commercials for the government aren't in the "know" about what capabilities we have and don't have.. commercials are scripted, reviewed and approved..

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
I think his exact words are"
"Every day I wake up in the Airforce thinking I have the greatest job in the world. Airplanes, Rockets, Space ships, Star ships. Anything that captured my imagination was just fascinating to me." or something very close. Nothing to do with what he liked as a child.

childhood is not mentioned - but clearly those are the things that captured his imagination - past tense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join