It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 year old gets 23 years for fatally shooting police dog

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Cops shoot dogs as they past through in people yards or in their car and it's not cruelty. It's what alleged to be police work.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb

originally posted by: nrd101
Have you ever been to prison? I don't want to think what that guy will be like when he gets out but man, some people think putting other people in a cage is acceptable. its not. bottom line prison is the new slavery.

Then don't commit a crime, and go there. It's pretty simple, and the vast majority of humanity follow the rules. If you are too dumb to realize that, then you deserve to go to jail. Otherwise, what do we do? Throw fluffy kittens, and pillows, at rapists, murderers, and vandals, so that they don't do it again.

Please....

not everyone whom ends up in jail is guilty and deserves to be there......it is not quite as simple as you may believe

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I will agree with this .... When .........They get fired and get 23 years for killing my dog till then it just a crap verdict .

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

this is nothing but a sensationalized headline.

those that say he's shouldn't get that much time, as another member posted earlier, Florida has what is called 10 20 life law. real simple it is this.

The law's name comes from three main mandatory sentences:
1) producing a firearm during the commission of certain felonies mandates at least a 10-year prison sentence.
2) firing one mandates at least a 20-year prison sentence.
3) shooting someone mandates a minimum sentence of 25 years to life regardless of whether a victim is killed or simply injured.
The maximum penalty is a life sentence unless the defendant is charged with felony murder or first degree murder in which case the maximum is the death penalty

he was convicted of the following per the article.

17-year-old Ivins Rosier , who was tried as an adult. He was convicted in May of animal cruelty, armed burglary and shooting into an occupied building.

noticed that he was not convicted of murder of a police officer, just animal cruelty. another thing that wasn't mentioned he was wearing a ankle monitor during the crime. that was one of the reasons the judge gave him the sentence.

here is another report, i'm still trying to find the breakdown for time on each charge.
Teen who shot, killed retired police K9 in break-in sentenced to 23 years in prison

now being that he lives in Florida, and was leading a life of crime, he should have familiarized himself with the laws.
and this brings to mind a theme song.

don't do the crime if you can't do the time. don't do it!
edit on 12-7-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

How does having them spend 23 years in prison help society? Instead of contributing to society, you are paying their living expenses. I think it would be better if the people who want them in prison for killing a dog at least had to be the ones to pay for it.

Reactions to crime should be about restitution and prevention. Not about vengence/revenge and punishment.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Cops shoot dogs as they past through in people yards or in their car and it's not cruelty. It's what alleged to be police work.
No, police work is about taking risks for the community, not eliminating any chance of a dog bite by killing anything that looks scary. They need to grow up and do their job. They need to actually occasionally take small risks instead of pretending to take risks. They are not paid $50,000+ per year to be pathetic cowards. Thats right, I said pathetic.

Unless a dog is both very large and actually attacking them, not just barking at them, THEN they can shoot. As people trained for combat they should have to wait until the dog attempts to bite before shooting. As it stands, they shoot dogs for just looking scary. That is where the word pathetic comes in.
edit on 13-7-2014 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Again I do not want to sound sympathetic to three guys who break into someone's house and kill their dog. I think they deserve 23 years in prison.
But I also think when cops raid the wrong house and kill the dog they should get 23 years too.

The dog is a red herring. As was pointed out the stiff sentence is for using a firearm in the commission of a crime.

If a police officer uses a gun in the commission of a crime I say he should get just as stiff a sentence.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I absolutely agree 100%. I find it astounding that police officers can just shoot people's animals with absolutely no consequences, but if you shoot one of theirs then it's a big thing. Cops aren't human anyway. How can you shoot an innocent animal that's not even threatening you? Unreal.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Why are people having such a hard time understanding this. He did not receive 23 years for shooting the dog. He was committing armed burglary. That is what got him the stiff sentence. He would have still received at least 20 years WITHOUT shooting the dog. The article title is very misleading.

edit on 13-7-2014 by sloppypeter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sloppypeter
Why are people having such a hard time understanding this. He did not receive 23 years for shooting the dog. He was committing armed burglary. That is what got him the stiff sentence. He would have still received at least 20 years WITHOUT shooting the dog. The article title is very misleading.

Well he used the gun on the dog right? So isn't that the same thing? If he had not felt like he had to shoot the dog he might not have used the gun in the crime right?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A golfer in my town was sentenced to 5 years for beheading a Mallard duck with his club. It was sitting on the hole and wouldn't move. Maybe laying eggs?
cwm

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Have you ever been to prison? I don't want to think what that guy will be like when he gets out but man, some people think putting other people in a cage is acceptable. its not. bottom line prison is the new slavery.

What would you do with violent criminals? Give them a hug and tell them its all alright?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
well here is a little more info on the poor little 17 year old. seems like he not the poor little over charged kid people want to think he is.

Judge Robin Rosenberg was asked by Rosier’s attorneys, Jack Fleishman and Rachel Preefer, for the teen to be sentenced as a juvenile which would mean a six year prison sentence. However, Judge Rosenberg refused based on Rosier’s criminal background of previous juvenile charges of grand theft, battery, lewd and lascivious molestation and false imprisonment.
Teen Shoots Retired Police Dog And Faces 23 Years In Slammer

so it would seem according to his record that not only is he a repeat offender as a thief, he is also a pervert thug that likes to beat people up, and hold poeple against their will. that's why the judge slammed him and he damn well deserved it , he was well on his way to being a career criminal. now he gonna be somebody's bitch and walk around with a sore butt when they find out he is a child molester.

also did you see the dog injuries.

Boody described Drake’s horrific injuries which included broken limbs, bullet wounds in his head and jaw, massive blood loss and lethal damage to his esophagus per Sun Sentinel. Drake was euthanized a few days later.

in this article, it says he confessed to shooting the dog 4 or 5 times, Judge orders 2nd suspect in trooper home burglary and shooting of his dog to jail without bond

i don't know about you folks, but i say that the dog was beat to. bullet wounds to his head, broken limbs, and lethal damage to his esophagus. i know gun shots can do more damage than where they hit, but all those wounds, from four or five shots.
these sh@@birds ____ this dog up, they just didn't kill him.

and the sad sacks lawyer even tried to make out like just because the gps on his ankle bracelet showed him to be there, and he confessed, is not proof that he did it. he also say the only reason he confessed is because the cops lied to him about the dog being a police officer and if he died he could get life.

i still can't find a break down on what he got for each charge, i did find out that all three were felony charges and i believe them to be first degree charges. i've looked at so many reports and articles, one even said that the combined time could have been up to 50 years. just google the punks name. and read the stories. you'll see there's more than what you are lead to believe.

the little piece of sh@@ even had the nerve to tell the judge this.

Rosier told Judge Rosenberg he “was misunderstood and blamed his behavior on drugs and alcohol” per DailyMail.co.uk. Rosier went on to say, “The vicious ruthless person I’ve been portrayed to be, that’s not who I am, that’s not who I’ll ever be.

“The vicious ruthless person I’ve been portrayed to be, that’s not who I am, that’s not who I’ll ever be. yea right

it seems his record says other wise. but i guess it was just the drugs and alcohol that made him a, thief, thug, pervert, kidnapping dog killer.

this also made me wonder who they were trying to fool.

Rosier, who recently earned his high school diploma in the Palm Beach County Jail and hopes to become a minister,
S hooting of trooper's dog, burglary nets 23-year sentence

no people need to read into whats up before they say what the law and courts say and do is wrong.

edit on 14-7-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The pain this kid put that dog through...Maybe in 23 years he'll be less of a threat to society, but I don't think anyone like that should be allowed to walk the streets with decent people.
he's a scumbag. If it was my choice I'd shoot him full of holes and leave him to die in agony like he did with that dog.
edit on 26pMon, 14 Jul 2014 03:22:26 -050020142014-07-14T03:22:26-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

... prison is the new slavery.

I wish prisoners in the UK were productive slaves : it costs around £40,000 per year to lock each one up.
At the very least they should pay for their keep whilst guests of her Majesty,
Ideally they should working to pay compensation for the damage and injuries they have caused, and cover any other costs they have incurred, ( e.g police / court ).
edit on 14-7-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If it were MY dog, he would NEED the sentence
to not to die a very painful and slow death.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It just figures, and the drunk drug addicted woman who stabbed and murdered my brother gets 6 years. That American justice for you.

edit on Mon July 14th, 2014 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Why should someone get 23 years in prison for shooting a dog again?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revelations29
Why should someone get 23 years in prison for shooting a dog again?

Did you read the thread? It was not for shooting the dog, it was for using a gun in the commission of a crime which carries a 20 years to life sentence in Florida.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

What a scumbag.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join