It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 year old gets 23 years for fatally shooting police dog

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Why is this even a story, a criminal who killed a dog gets 23 years in prison and everyone goes on about 'if a cop kills a family dog he's let off' BS.
Get off your high horses.
In my opinion a criminal got what he deserved, it was just chance that the dog was an ex police dog and yes the police consider them officers even if we do not, some dogs are braver than humans and have more decency as they are told what to do as its their nature, upbringing and training to be a police dog whereas a police human has the choice to kill or batter a member of the public or his pet.
I agree that some officers who kill family dogs on the flimsiest of excuses needs to be evaluated and jailed if found to be lying but until the people make a stand against corruption there will be no change in officers attitudes.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
While it is hard to argue with Floridas mandatory minimums, it is sad to see a 17 year old kid get 23 years for something that on the surface seems a lot less terrible than it really is. It is terrible, don't get me wrong. I have a feeling that this would have turned into a worse crime had he not gotten caught, or something else. It isn't normal for 17 year old's to break into houses and shoot occupants, even K-9 occupants. The part that stings though is the fact that cops shoot peoples dogs all the time when both the owner and dog are not guilty of anything what so ever. If the sentence was for that alone, and nothing to do with the mandatory minimum I would be outraged. In this case it is hard to garner sympathy, but still said a 17 year old ruined his life over this. Oh well, thats what crime gets you.

**edit** I am not sympathizing with this kid what so ever. The fact that cops kill dogs really has nothing what so ever to do with this case. I wish I wouldn't have put it in my original post but feel it is disingenuous to take it out after the fact. Just want to make sure no one thinks I am trying to relate the 2 or that I am arguing against this sentence even though you might read that from the original text.
edit on 7/14/2014 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

see my last post, he was well on his was before this.
had a juvenile record,that proves he was a repeated thief, thug, child molesting pervert, and kidnapper/ unlawful imprisonment. that's why the judge didn't sentence him as a juvenile.

edit on 14-7-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I don't doubt that at all. I am sure he deserved the sentence. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
a reply to: blackthorne

I think 23 years is just about right for breaking into someone's home and shooting their dog..

Yep! Lucky they aren't dead themselves.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
Florida has a mandatory sentencing law that requires 20 years to life for using a firearm while committing a crime.
Life if you kill someone and a police dog is considered a LEO even if its retired. i would say he got off easy considering.

Nice to see who sides with the madness of our society.

JuDe11

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I never said i agree with it, only that was why he got so much time for it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join