It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions for anti abortionists.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Seeing many here on ATS are anti abortion I want to ask a few questions.

1) Do you want it illegal?.

2) How are you going to stop women having an abortion If made illegal?

3) What are you going to do with the women whom have an abortion? (I mean If it is illegal there must be a punishment right?).

4) How are you going to make women carry a child for 9 months whom does not want one?.

I always see people bleat "Make it illegal!" but none so far have come up with the aftermath of what would happen...so any ideas?.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It should be eye for an eye, you wanna kill a baby... then it should be eye for an eye... Don't be sexually active if you're going to be that irresponsible and selfish enough to resort to the murder of a innocent kid. At least put the kid up for adoption...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MX61000

So you say kill the woman whom has an abortion....
Adoption? how many kids are waiting for that already?

www.ccainstitute.org...

Whom is going to adopt those kids when there are so many waiting already?.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I can not speak for anyone else, but myself. I would like abortions to stop. Plain and simple. The ending of a life before it even has a chance does not sit well with me. I realize this is a futile dream, but it is my dream nonetheless.

There will always be someone that wishes their progeny dead, and there will always be someone willing to kill them. It has ever been so, it is just that our methods have went from smashing their heads into the rocks after birth to cutting them up into pieces while in the womb. The result is the same.

As for consequences of a woman aborting/killing their child? That is not for me to say, for delivering that judgement is above my pay grade. It is their conscience that will either be seared, or it will be tortured as the memory of that unborn child, and the possibilities that were ended by a selfish thought, haunt them in the night.

Again, this is only my opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I would love people to actually try and answer the questions because If made illegal someone will have to decide.
So please stop dodging my OP and answer the questions.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

1 no, i do not want it illegal

2 i wouldn't have to make that call after my first answer. but ,just for larks, if i had chosen differently, make it an offense punishable by death.

3 located in answer 2

4 like i said, i wouldn't. i believe in freedom, and morals. shouldn't you really have both of these anyway?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So we are going back to the Code of Hammurabi? Do you propose that an abortion should be balanced by the execution of some adult? The mother? The father? The doctor? Who's eye should be plucked out?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
100% up to the woman every time.

2nd

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

Interesting you claim you believe in morals but agree with the death penalty and the death penalty for women who have an abortion.
Funny morals those.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

dude, i didn't say i did. you asked
"How are you going to stop women having an abortion If made illegal? "

i said i wouldn't.....
you asked how i would stop it from happening. there is your solution, not what i would do. you didn't ask for my opinion now did you?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Most people are surprised when they find out I'm anti-abortion but then are even more confused when I tell them I'm also pro-choice.

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Seeing many here on ATS are anti abortion I want to ask a few questions.

1) Do you want it illegal?.

Of course not. Illegal or not, abortions will happen. If they are illegal, they will be performed illegally and in very dangerous conditions. Making it illegal would be a horrible mistake.

2) How are you going to stop women having an abortion If made illegal?

Since I wouldn't want it to be illegal, I'll tell you how I would prevent abortions while keeping it legal.

The answer is support. You provide support to every single mother-to-be out there. You don't threaten to take away food stamps. You don't fight to take away birth control. You support them. If you don't want a woman to abort her baby, you need to take some responsibility for that baby.

3) What are you going to do with the women whom have an abortion? (I mean If it is illegal there must be a punishment right?).

No punishment.

4) How are you going to make women carry a child for 9 months whom does not want one?.

By having a solid support network and safety net. By streamlining adoption services and take it out of private interests.

I always see people bleat "Make it illegal!" but none so far have come up with the aftermath of what would happen...so any ideas?.

See above. What you are annoyed with by the typical anti-abortionists are the same things that annoy me; they want to make it illegal on one hand and then vote to take away support from single moms on the other. They want to not only force women to have unwanted children but to then take away support and then, on top of it, make birth control more difficult to obtain.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I believe it should be illegal for doctors to perform this procedure accepting cases o danger to the mother, incest and rape.

I don't believe it should be punitive for the mother. If the mother wants to trust her health to the black market surgeons and very high fees then so be it.

One of the argument a for the protagonist is lack of heart beat, brain development and consciousness for the no problem reason for abortion.

I defend my position because my children had to be conceived through invitro and the first time you see the cell division of YOUR child, not pictures and videos for training or someone else's baby,your mind will change.

None of this precludes responsible parenting and teaching kids the value of abstinence, prevention and responsibility.
edit on 10-7-2014 by bkfd54 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Good post.
I would add more sex education starting early...mostly the men lol. (I remember what I was like when young).

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Good post.
I would add more sex education starting early...mostly the men lol. (I remember what I was like when young).

Holy crap, yes. I can't believe I didn't mention that. The best abortion prevention would be sex education. Another example of the hypocrisy of anti-abortionists as they are normally the ones to complain about secular sex education.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Not only do I want abortion legal --- I want it free to any woman who wants it.

Having a child is selfish. There is not one unselfish reason to have a child.

Abortion is the most unselfish decision any woman who is not ready to raise a child can make.

At least I'm one poster who can speak from real knowledge and experience. Can you?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Good for you Anne.

Makes me sad in a way that men make the rules on this stuff like we can have any idea of it at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
So we are going back to the Code of Hammurabi? Do you propose that an abortion should be balanced by the execution of some adult? The mother? The father? The doctor? Who's eye should be plucked out?

The doctor or the father, and the women should have a lesser chastisement...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Good post.

You know what's lacking in sex education?

Teaching the difference between lust (the natural hormonal chemicals of attraction) and love (the responsible care and protection of a partner).

I have tried to make my granddaughter understand the difference.

Our bodies chemically try to get us to reproduce. You have to use your brain to pick a life partner. Or even a temporary partner that understands love is a responsibility -- not the chemical reaction "lust".

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Not only do I want abortion legal --- I want it free to any woman who wants it.

Having a child is selfish. There is not one unselfish reason to have a child.

Abortion is the most unselfish decision any woman who is not ready to raise a child can make.

At least I'm one poster who can speak from real knowledge and experience. Can you?

I used to think that most parents had kids our of selfish reasons. But abortion is sometimes motivated by selfishness, as well. And, of course, both parenthood and abortion can be acts of love and compassion. It's not black and white.

The way my wife and I looked at it when we had our daughter (after getting the run-around with adoption agencies and being married for 10 years), is that we are both pretty decent people. We are confident that our one child will grow up and benefit the world she will live in.

Actually, if you think about it... any two people with an above average IQ and humanitarian perspectives would be selfish not to make another one or two people. Ever watch Idiocracy?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There is legal/illegal and there is right/wrong.

The twain seldom meet.

You asked---1) Do you want it illegal?.

I answered--I would like abortions to stop. Plain and simple.

You asked--2) How are you going to stop women having an abortion If made illegal?

My answer--If they are stopped, there is nothing to make illegal.

You ask--3) What are you going to do with the women whom have an abortion? (I mean If it is illegal there must be a punishment right?).

I answered-- That is not for me to say, for delivering that judgement is above my pay grade.

You ask--4) How are you going to make women carry a child for 9 months whom does not want one?.

My answer--I cannot make anyone do what they do not want to do. To do so would be oppressive and make me a bully.

Good luck in your search for answers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join