It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions for anti abortionists.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Problem solved... Cut the problem at the root and remove all the scum who finds killing a kid justified because the adults are to irresponsible, selfish and evil because they just think it's ok to kill a baby... You people have serious problems on your hands...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Annee

Good for you Anne.

Makes me sad in a way that men make the rules on this stuff like we can have any idea of it at all.

Yes. Especially religious males. Fundamental religion is oppressive to women by itself, and then on top of that it is ruled by men.

However, women need to stand up and fight for themselves.

There was a time when women had no rights. That's not today. Women need to stand up, be louder, and stronger then they ever were before.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Your questions are incomplete.

A "no law" approach is better.

Not illegal, not legal. Leave the politicians out of the picture.

That leaves the door open for "medical" facilities to operate above the black markets.

If somebody wants their own "choice" OK.

But then don't complain if somebody else's choice is to call abortion murder.

The "punishments" go both ways without any political law.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

so any ideas?.

We should just go ahead and impose a one child law. We should round up all second children and pour sulfuric acid down their throats. Might as well. I'm sure that scenario wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination for you abortion lover types.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

so any ideas?.

We should just go ahead and impose a one child law. We should round up all second children and pour sulfuric acid down their throats. Might as well. I'm sure that scenario wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination for you abortion lover types.

Wow. What a truly disgusting thing to say about your fellow ATS members.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Wow. What a truly disgusting thing to say about your fellow ATS members.

Whatever. Idk how you interpreted it. But regardless, anyone who supports killing babies born or unborn, deserves no respect. I was being nice really, relative to what I would like to say, and do.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

so any ideas?.

Have you visited the Children on the Border thread?

I'm interested in how you would solve that situation.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

so any ideas?.

Have you visited the Children on the Border thread?

I'm interested in how you would solve that situation.

That's off topic, but whatever you think, you're probably right.

But I wouldn't slay them. Unlike the people who think they should have been aborted.
edit on 10-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Makes me sad in a way that men make the rules on this stuff like we can have any idea of it at all.

Thanks Boymonkey... Most profound, astute and awesome abortion comment ever. Not a single guy can ever walk a woman's life nor understand the sensitivity or feelings around it.

For most women it is a heavy decision and it irks me when men play daddy knows best, as if women cant think for themselves, and make up rules based on patriarchal religious dogma. A clump of cells is not a child and if it''s a child's soul everyone is worried about then.. Personally I believe in reincarnation and that my aborted child came back to me as my current child so alls well.

Okay, maybe that's crazy but so is a having an invisible friend to pray to. Free will and all. It is fine to have ones personal beliefs but truly arrogant to put those beliefs on others the way those with strong abortion views do. Some of us simply don't share your religion or values.

By "you" I mean it in a general sense not you Boymonkey

edit on 10-7-2014 by igloo because: Tablet woes
and sorry I didn't even answer your questions...
edit on 10-7-2014 by igloo because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

No, not 100% illegal only partial birth abortions which force the fetus to go through the trauma of birth and then have their brain stem cut. An abortion done earlier does not cause the amount of trauma and torture, seriously, we don't even treat the animals that we kill for meat like that.

No laws go unbroken so there is no stopping them when a women is determined.

A fine and a class that explains in great detail what they have done and what it looks like, pretty much the same thing they do to drunk drivers forcing them to watch victims of drunk driving. Look it would not stop every women but many of these women who go in to get one need a quick fix to keep their childless lives on point but than later on down the line regret it deeply and can never undue it. I know this.... Clearly not every women gives a crap but many will, and it will hurt always.

I will not force anyone to do anything, I do not make the laws nor would I enforce them. I would simply encourage all women who are thinking of getting one, early or late term to think carefully on their choice. To understand exactly what they are doing and to imagine if they chose life instead.

Look, people can be against them without being rabid about it. I would not condone women to life of hell or its equivalent, instead I would simply feel sad for her, the fetus as well but in some instances of abortion it seems that two lives are lost in those quick forty minutes.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Again another person whom just can't answer the questions in the OP.
See many of you can't because you can't think that far ahead.
Abortion lover? get a grip no one loves to abort but I think the freedom and choice of a woman is more important than a fetus no one wants.

Whom is going to look after the unwanted children? you? prove it adopt loads of unwanted kids.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

Best anti abortionist view on the subject thanks.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Iam disappointed ATS seeing their are so many of you anti abortionists and you all choose to ignore the questions very very telling this is.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Most people are surprised when they find out I'm anti-abortion but then are even more confused when I tell them I'm also pro-choice.

Same here. Anti-abortionists (those who want it to be illegal) seem to think that because THEY think it's wrong, everyone else should think it's wrong and should be forced to live by their morals. They don't understand the concept of "live and let live". They have no understanding of being against something personally, but allowing others to decide if they are against it or not. They want to impose their morals (usually religious) on everyone.

If people REALLY wanted to reduce abortion, they would support early education and easy access to birth control, without the moral judgments associated with women wanting to have sex and prevent pregnancy. That's the only thing that will reduce abortion. Making it illegal will only take us back to black market and self-induced, dangerous abortions.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Most people are surprised when they find out I'm anti-abortion but then are even more confused when I tell them I'm also pro-choice.

Same here. Anti-abortionists (those who want it to be illegal) seem to think that because THEY think it's wrong, everyone else should think it's wrong and should be forced to live by their morals. They don't understand the concept of "live and let live". They have no understanding of being against something personally, but allowing others to decide if they are against it or not. They want to impose their morals (usually religious) on everyone.

Is anyone really Pro Abortion? I doubt it. Pro Choice is not Pro Abortion.

I am anti suffering of living breathing unwanted children. I am anti abuse of over used natural resources due in part to over population and in part to greed.

I am pro healthy, educated, loved, wanted, protective, productive children ---- who will more likely become healthy, educated, loved, productive adults --- and have the desire to continue that circle of behavior into the next generation.

What is the point of pumping out more living beings, just for the sake of pumping out more living beings? I don't get it. Is it to appease some invisible " guy in the sky" so you get some kind of reward in the end?

I value life. I especially value the innocent children that are already here. Which is reason enough by itself to support right to abortion.

I know what some of these Right Wing holier-than-thou anti abortionists are saying about the illegal children on the border. Such hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

1) Do you want it illegal?.

I wish it were illegal except in the case to save a woman's life or if her health were at serious risk. And I would like to see people educated on exactly who it is that they are aborting. Then there wouldn't be as many abortions and the legality question wouldn't be in play. It would help stop the 'birth control' abortions ... the ones that happen over and over by people being irresponsible. (it would help, anyways)

2) How are you going to stop women having an abortion If made illegal?

I wouldn't stop her. If she went to have an illegal abortion, it would be her decision and the consequences would be on her.

3) What are you going to do with the women whom have an abortion? (I mean If it is illegal there must be a punishment right?).

If it were illegal, it would be up to the courts to decide that.

4) How are you going to make women carry a child for 9 months whom does not want one?.

You can't make someone carry a child if they don't want to. They'll find a way to kill the baby. But at least the slaughter might be stemmed if it is more difficult to get done.
edit on 7/11/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
When we adopted the waiting list was about 10 years long. And Alabama didn't allow interracial domestic adoptions at that time (which we were open to). I don't know what the wait is now, but back then it was too long and so we went overseas (Bolivia) for adoption.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Another example of the hypocrisy of anti-abortionists as they are normally the ones to complain about secular sex education.

I'm against abortion. I see it as the ultimate in child abuse. However, I fully support appropriate levels of sex education and I'd have free condom vending machines on every city street corner if I could.

The main reason I'm against abortion ... one human being stops another humans heart from beating. It's just that simple. The baby's heart is beating and, once past the first trimester, the baby can feel pain. Abortions are painful business .... death by burning chemical ... being pulled apart .... that's just evil as far as I'm concerned.

A baby pre-heartbeat age in the womb .. he or she is still a conceived human being and should be treated with dignity.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
When we adopted the waiting list was about 10 years long. And Alabama didn't allow interracial domestic adoptions at that time (which we were open to). I don't know what the wait is now, but back then it was too long and so we went overseas (Bolivia) for adoption.

Something definitely needs to be done to make adoption in the US easier. It's just ridiculous.

I always wanted to adopt 2 kids, but I had medical issues. Taking care of my own 2 was all I could do.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Not only do I want abortion legal --- I want it free to any woman who wants it.

Having a child is selfish. There is not one unselfish reason to have a child.

Abortion is the most unselfish decision any woman who is not ready to raise a child can make.

At least I'm one poster who can speak from real knowledge and experience. Can you?

Not to mention if a women gets raped and gets pregnant from said rape, they have the right to get an abortion. I don't think any woman who is a rape victim should be shamed or attacked by anti-abortionists because they want to be rid of their rape baby.

*Edit: text beneath above asterisks are not directed at whom I quoted*

In any case, I'm pro-abortion/choice, and think it's up to the woman 100%

I may be attacked for these opinions, but I also believe that if the foetus has some sort of severe defect be it (mental or physical) that would make it hard to or unable to survive if born (and I mean to the point of struggling to live without medical intervention), or if the foetus would harm the mother due to some abnormality. I feel that abortion is necessary regardless of the developmental age of the foetus. I feel it's amoral to prevent a person from getting the care they need, otherwise you'd be causing unnecessary harm to someone that needed the help by preventing them from getting it.

I will ignore any comments or replies that attack me for these opinions.
edit on V20141911July19Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:19:27 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: The added edit for clarification

edit on V20142011July20Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:20:22 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join