It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four kids, two adults shot dead near Houston

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

Yes. Yet he still legally owned firearms, didn't he?

Either he did, in which case clearly the law allowed him to despite having run-ins with the law.

Or he didn't, in which case it is far too easy to get a hold of a gun through second-hand sales.

Yes, I am.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Chiftel

so you are from Bucharest Hungary and are full of advice and
input on how we operate our country here in America.

advice and input about firearms.

unsolicited advice and input about firearms from a foreign citizen.

probably from a citizen of a foreign country that receives monetary foreign aid from the Unites States.

It is unfortunate that this mans family did not deal with the man and his problems themselves.

apparently the week before he killed the six people, he also strangled his mother.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'm trying to come up with a reasonable compromise, i could have taken the position that anyone who wanted a gun had to go through boot camp, passed a proficiency and accuracy test, then spend two years in service to the government, then one weekend a month and two weeks a year after that.

But, i think insurance and a psychological test would be more palatable to the average gun owner.

Compromise is not a four letter word. This is a problem we have to address on this country. Refusal to do so is just going to eventually sway public opinion towards repealing the 2nd amendment completely.

It is possible, guns aren't an inalienable right. If the pro gun crowd remains obstinate, and refuses to compromise at all it only takes two thirds of the several states to completely repeal the 2nd amendment, and everyone loses.

Doesn't my idea seem much more reasonable now?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

no your idea is not reasonable.

the constitution was created so that a group of people could govern themselves.

self government. a very radical and new idea in a world comprised of kings queens dictators and other oppressive forms of rule.

a large component of self government is self defense.
self defense springs from the natural occurring right enjoyed by all of Gods creation or falls under the survival of the fittest mantra for non believers.

self defense in the animal world means a mouse can fight a cat to the death.

self defense currently takes the form of arms, as it did four thousand years ago and remains the same today.

you cannot infringe upon an animals right to self defense by removing the teeth of a cat in the wild, anymore than infringing upon the human right to use the current arms to defend self and community, (state).

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: beezzer

oh I'm sorry, was this an accident that happened?

he accidentally killed four children and two adults? is that it?

BOX CUTTERS and 911?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

That is absolutely ridiculous!

This government was set up so that while the states retained a large amount of individual sovereignty, we would also have a strong central government.

It was not so that you personally could go on a one man rampage killing as many people as you could while the rest of the country just capitulates saying "oh well, it's his right, he had a gun, he must be in the right"

This isn't the wild west. Civilization, it's nice, join us won't you? We have indoor plumbing!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm not suggesting a magic bullet. I'm suggesting policies in places that over time would reduce the instances of these shootings.

The idea of "we cannot completely stop all shootings so don't try" is a failure.

Did you ever take the time to read all of the anti gun laws on the books?

The next one will be the right one attitude is like looking for a magic bullet!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: waltwillis

Oh damn! There goes my entire argument! Oh no! I feel so ashamed! 911! The be all end all argument!

Oh wait, cause of that we did what? Oh yea, we did SOMETHING! Heightened security at airports, not letting people have box cutters on aircraft.

Oh but despite those efforts, planes still crash into office towers all across the nation every week!

Wait, no they don't! What do ya know? Doing something about tragedy might actually help prevent tragedies in the future!

Who knew?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Seems to me that talking point would infer that it's the duty of law abiding gun owners to seek out the bad guys with guns in order to stop them and thereby make neighborhoods safer.

No, it is the duty of law enforcement to seek out the bad guys with guns, and we all know how good cops are at keeping us safe.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

That is the saddest argument ever

How many plans s flew into buildings pre 9-11

You need to stop while you are behind but before u get further behind

(post by waltwillis removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

But, i think insurance and a psychological test would be more palatable to the average gun owner.

How many tests do you think would have prevented this tragedy? How often should those tests be conducted? Once a year? Every 6 months? Every week? Every time you're dumped or fired from your job? If I'm dumped and fail a psych evaluation that results in me losing my guns, can I pass a psych evaluation 3 months later and get my guns back?

You haven't really put much thought into this have you?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

We sure worked to try and solve that problem didn't we? We didn't just throw up our hands and say, "well, 3000 people dead, oh well, can't do anything about it, don't try!"

This is something we can fix, we should fix it, we need to fix it. We can reduce the amount and frequency of these mass shootings if we do more than nothing!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Oh damn! There goes my entire argument! Oh no! I feel so ashamed! 911! The be all end all argument!

Oh wait, cause of that we did what? Oh yea, we did SOMETHING! Heightened security at airports, not letting people have box cutters on aircraft.

Oh but despite those efforts, planes still crash into office towers all across the nation every week!

Wait, no they don't! What do ya know? Doing something about tragedy might actually help prevent tragedies in the future!

Who knew?

You are addressing a retired supervisor from the transportation security administration!

I am not allowed to tell you what I know about how effective our screeners have been.

I'll just say that you are talking out of your ass about the security on board regular scheduled flights.

You don't know what you don't know, but still you run your mouth!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The proof is in the fact that more of our landmark buildings aren't piles of rubble.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

i suggest that you go get a psychological mental evaluation.

Your thought processes are highly tangential.

that is a symptom of schizophrenia among other things.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

so you are from Bucharest Hungary and are full of advice and
input on how we operate our country here in America.

You're thinking of Budapest, actually.

advice and input about firearms.

unsolicited advice and input about firearms from a foreign citizen.

probably from a citizen of a foreign country that receives monetary foreign aid from the Unites States.

Actually, a country which has bought lots of your antiquated, overpriced, overrated #ty second hand military equipment you would not have been able to offload otherwise (let alone at such advantageous prices). Instead of buying new, cheap, capable Russian military equipment.

A country which joined you in both the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions and occupations, which provides secret facilities for you to conduct your extraordinary renditions and secret interrogations and torture at.

We also provide your eastern-most European airfield and a friendly port on the Black Sea nearest Ukraine.

You're wrong about the aid. But even the countries you do give aid to, you take back at least tenfold from other ways. God knows you've taken a hell of a lot from us. But that is to be expected when dealing with you people. All you know is how to take and take, never give.

And I'm not giving advice. I'm simply making observations. Albeit in a sarcastic and tendentious tone.

It is unfortunate that this mans family did not deal with the man and his problems themselves.

apparently the week before he killed the six people, he also strangled his mother.

What is more unfortunate is that he had access to a gun.

That way his mother would be the only one dead right now.
edit on C1256f31America/ChicagoSunday by Chiftel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

his mother is still alive.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Nice side step

Answer the question

Eta or better yet what shooting has cost 3000 lives?
Is the total deaths from mass random shooting even at 3k yet?
edit on pm720143112America/ChicagoSun, 13 Jul 2014 12:54:01 -0500_7u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

his mother is still alive.

If only he had used a gun instead of a garotte..

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join