It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The fact she has bosses is most likely going to be her saving grace.

She's in it up to her eyeballs. Those bosses will throw her under the bus ... if she doesn't have an 'accident' first.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I wonder how much evidence they need to collect before they can offer her immunity to testify on who directed the program. This does seem like a conspiratorial act and coaching subordinates to avoid specific email topics as Congress may subpoena them cannot be construed in any way other then a cover up.

The main problem now is going to be those subordinates. On the off chance they are allowed to testify to congress I would bet the theme for those hearings will be -

"I respectfully invoke my rights under the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution on the grounds that answering questions may incriminate me."

The results of that will mean a long drawn out process where prosecuting from the bottom up would be the only means. The issue there though is any criminal prosecution would be handled by the DOJ.

The skill in which the President has been able to manipulate, lie and obfuscate is worthy of a Romulan. The results he has achieved are worthy of a Pakled.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh yeah. A common mistake they said, when hard-drives were destroyed.

Nothing to see here, when shown there were missing emails.

A political witch-hunt they exclaiming, when stating computer experts say the emails aren't lost.

This is the most transparent admin ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because 0bama said so.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

What's sad is the fact that any attempt to go after Obama and his incompetence will be used by the left to play the idiotic race card. What even more sad is the racist overtones of playing the race card. To bad that moral quandary is lost on the left.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

a reply to: tsingtao

Fair enough but in order for Obama to even comment on the issue means he has been briefed about it. Just how in-depth that briefing was is of interest. Even more so in terms of how specific and definitive his response was. How does he know there was no wrong doing, criminal or policy violation, unless he knows specifics?

It would be like a Prosecuting Attorney telling the media the person that is suspected of murdering someone is guilty before the charges are even issued.

What inside information does the person have to arrive at such a definitive conclusion and where did the information come from?

As for which scandal - There are so many with this administration it is becoming harder and harder to keep track of them.

no problem, my tone of voice doesn't come through on the written word.

but yeah, he had to be lying when he told o'reilly about the smidgens.

probably got the OK that everything was buried and lost.

obama can't plead the 5th in an interview and he had to know everything especially after the fact.

doesn't holder have to put someone on the case to make this go anywhere with lerner?

i'm not sure how the prosecutions will work, if there are any.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I wonder how much evidence they need to collect before they can offer her immunity to testify on who directed the program. This does seem like a conspiratorial act and coaching subordinates to avoid specific email topics as Congress may subpoena them cannot be construed in any way other then a cover up.

Well she has to be charged first before they can offer her a deal. I hold no hope she will ever be charged.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just put the underlings under investigation by Federal law enforcement that way they can be charged with lying to a federal officer if contradictory evidence appears...just like they got Martha Stewart and see who cracks.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

He was right after all.

There isn't a smidgen of corruption at the IRS, there's gobs of it...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

a reply to: macman

What's sad is the fact that any attempt to go after Obama and his incompetence will be used by the left to play the idiotic race card. What even more sad is the racist overtones of playing the race card. To bad that moral quandary is lost on the left.

This type of coordinated attacks by our Federal Agencies threatens our Republic.

The ability to just scream racism is also a threat to our Nation.

The moral decay is not lost on the Left. They seem to embrace it.

I keep hoping people will wake up. I'm just not betting on it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Considering the track record of the IRS.

And targeting people who are critical of the administration.

It is disconcerting that those people will be enforcing the ACA.

Tax credits given out based on nothing but a persons politics.

Now there is food for thought.

And they will prolly get away with it. because some people are going around calling it a 'phony' scandal.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Semantics seems to be the religion of those in Govt.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
www.irs.gov...&-Non-Profits/Other-Non-Profits/Types-of-Organizations-Exempt-under-Section-501(c)(4)

these groups are trying to get a tax exemption....all the groups that apply for this exemption SHOULD EXPECT to be targeted...liberal groups were targeted, also.....guess what, most organizations that try and avoid taxes ARE ALSO TARGETED....shocker!!!

actually, i'm glad the IRS did this....they are trying to catch people and organizations cheating on their taxes.....tax dodging, it's called....they were doing their jobs
edit on 10-7-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx
If the Internal Revenue Service was just 'doing their jobs' then why did Dear Leader have to apologize for their behavior?

I mean, you typically do not apologize for something unless you feel you were in the wrong, correct?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

LOL x10

The already released emails plus the testimonies so far have the IRS actually admitting the targeting was in fact "targeting" and far off the standard operating procedures.

LOL

And not to even mention the direct targeting of more than one sitting member of Congress some of which led to illegal releases of private information at taxpayer expense.

an "A" for effort but no cigar today jimmyx. Sorry.

THE IRS SCANDAL: TIMELINE

U.S. Congressman Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting of True the Vote

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Jimmy...

Once upon a time there were three billy goats, who were to go up to the hillside to make themselves fat, and the name of all three was "Gruff."

When the IRS comes trolling in your life...You will see.

That post was real troll level. I hope you were joking.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

actually, i'm glad the IRS did this.

Really glad ?

That people were targeted for their political beliefs ?

Achtung!

Zeig Heil !

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

because you conservatives seem to take offense to everything.

If obama didn't apologise, you'd be criticing him for not apologizing.
heck if you want to know who to blame for this "scandal", blame the GOP, they've cried wolf so many times no one wants to take them seriously anymore.

I like that "dear leader" thing, you make that up yourself? I mean its not particularly accurate, or intelligent, or original sounding, so I think you're using it sarcastically/self-depricatingly.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Another little wrinkle:

While her response from IT indicated that the messenger should be treated just like an email, the tech department confirmed that Lerner was correct, Congress wouldn’t have direct access to those messages.

“Perfect,” Lerner responded.

Rep. Thomas Massie calls out latest Lois Lerner Lie

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So if this was normal, run-of-the-mill procedure why did she invoke the 5th amendment? Think about it. A federal employee, being paid with taxpayer money, can't answer questions about work done in the course of her employment without incriminating herself. There's a major problem with that.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
because you conservatives seem to take offense to everything.

Where did I say I was a Conservative? Just because I detest the Dhalibama does not automatically make me Conservative.

I am more Libertarian and in that regard I dislike just about every politician.

If obama didn't apologise, you'd be criticing him for not apologizing.

The apology is not enough, people need to be prosecuted. You cannot use a Federal agency, particularly one as notorious and vile as the Internal Revenue Service, to bully your opponents.

heck if you want to know who to blame for this "scandal", blame the GOP, they've cried wolf so many times no one wants to take them seriously anymore.

Sure, they made Lerner and the rest of the slimeballs over there do what they did.

I like that "dear leader" thing, you make that up yourself? I mean its not particularly accurate, or intelligent, or original sounding, so I think you're using it sarcastically/self-depricatingly.

I think it fits his Royal Imperiousness just fine.

edit on 10-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: Bring back the Limelight

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join