It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
A newly released email is showing Lois Lerner in fact was "warning" other IRS cohorts involved in the targeting scandal to be careful about what they write !!!!

Not because of any legal or general ethical reasons of course.

But to dodge potential exposures of the master plan !!!

WOW POW BAM

It's "Lois the Innocent"

Read the story and notice the "coincidental timing" ...

A newly released email from former IRS employee Lois G. Lerner, sent just as the tea party targeting scandal was erupting, warned colleagues to “be cautious” about what information they put in emails because it could be turned over to Congress.

“I was cautioning folks about email and how we have had several occasions where Congress ask asked for emails and there has been an electronic search for responsive emails — so we need to be cautious about what we say in emails,” Ms. Lerner wrote in an April 9, 2013, message.

“The facts are that Ms. Lerner did not destroy any records subject to the Federal Records Act, she did not cause the computer assigned to her to fail, and she made every effort to recover the files on the computer,” the lawyer said.

She didn't "destroy" records because she didn't keep the "important" to begin with

GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
We're led to believe that EVERYTHING we send via internet is captured by the nsa. Either its true and therefore they should provide those emails, OR!!! its all bs and they capture very little!
Hmmm...I wonder?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This new email shows a Conspiracy.

To think, those pigs picked our President.

I hope it was worth it...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
We're led to believe that EVERYTHING we send via internet is captured by the nsa. Either its true and therefore they should provide those emails, OR!!! its all bs and they capture very little!
Hmmm...I wonder?

It's probably a little bit of both. The NSA doesn't seem to be politically motivated in the sense they have some kind of loyalty to a party. In fact, they're probably a rogue agency and no one tells them what to do or how to do it. They won't release information to congress unless there's something in it for them. Just my opinion, of course.

As for the IRS, abolish it!
edit on 9-7-2014 by LogicalGraphitti because: spelling

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I tend to share your opinion. The NSA still does not admit to collecting everything that they do. Why would they come out with these emails? It would only further damage their image IMO. I agree in that I doubt they answer to anyone.

For all we know, the NSA themselves are now blackmailing Lerner with said emails.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's only a scandal because it was dudes in power targeting other dudes in power.

If this were about regular Americans the GOP and Dems wouldn't give a ****. Just sayin. They want you to buy into the game.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Congratulations Ms. Learner -

By cautioning individuals on ways to avoid congressional oversight while violating federal law you just demonstrated criminal behavior with an intent to hide said behavior while advising others on how to violate the law in a manner that is difficult to investigate.

The only outcome should be the judge saying -

"Sentencing you will give me an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction - Send em down"...

There is one area though that always made me wonder -

When Obama was confronted with these accusations at first, he strongly stated / maintained there is not one ounce of criminal activicty present. How would he know that?

edit on 9-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

When Obama was confronted with these accusations at first, he strongly stated / maintained there is not one ounce of criminal activicty present. How would he know that?

Exactly, I remember having the same thought when some old folks in Roswell stated "It never happened, we were there so we should know"

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

She must have been taking orders from the boss...

Obama; "If you nothing to hide"
my.firedoglake.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Interesting that our low approval rating congress seems all too happy to blame-shift anything they can onto another extremely easy target.

The IRS.

Just something to think about.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Hmmm...I wonder?

Why would the White House have them release files that make them look bad?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

He has nothing to hide....

except for what he's hiding.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Come on, the 250 times she went to the White House was for tea....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: burntheships

He has nothing to hide....

except for what he's hiding.

They should just be honest about lying to us!!

Jeez.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: burntheships

Come on, the 250 times she went to the White House was for tea....

And Crumpets.

never forget the crumpets !!!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Congratulations Ms. Learner -

By cautioning individuals on ways to avoid congressional oversight while violating federal law you just demonstrated criminal behavior with an intent to hide said behavior while advising others on how to violate the law in a manner that is difficult to investigate.

The only outcome should be the judge saying -

"Sentencing you will give me an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction - Send em down"...

i believe he said he would get to the bottom of the IRS thing, first.

then he said "smidgen" "there wasn't a smidgen of corruption"

but i might be wrong on the correct scandal he was referring to.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Fair enough but in order for Obama to even comment on the issue means he has been briefed about it. Just how in-depth that briefing was is of interest. Even more so in terms of how specific and definitive his response was. How does he know there was no wrong doing, criminal or policy violation, unless he knows specifics?

It would be like a Prosecuting Attorney telling the media the person that is suspected of murdering someone is guilty before the charges are even issued.

What inside information does the person have to arrive at such a definitive conclusion and where did the information come from?

As for which scandal - There are so many with this administration it is becoming harder and harder to keep track of them.
edit on 10-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I"m not surprised. This administration is beyond corrupt .. every last one of them. I hope she rolls over on her bosses - Obama and Jarrett. There are actually still a few people who think Obama is wonderful. The hope-ium haze hasn't cleared from their heads yet ....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I wonder how much evidence they need to collect before they can offer her immunity to testify on who directed the program. This does seem like a conspiratorial act and coaching subordinates to avoid specific email topics as Congress may subpoena them cannot be construed in any way other then a cover up.

edit on 10-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I"m not surprised. This administration is beyond corrupt .. every last one of them. I hope she rolls over on her bosses - Obama and Jarrett. There are actually still a few people who think Obama is wonderful. The hope-ium haze hasn't cleared from their heads yet ....

You can add the current IRS head to that list as well. If the emails are in the possession of the committee then I would wager the head of the IRS knew about them as well and most likely assumed they were "lost" with all other emails.

The fact she has bosses is most likely going to be her saving grace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join