It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COSTCO Bans D'Sousa's Book 'AMERICA' Because it is Critical of Barack Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I, for one, wouldn't care a whit, being a Canadian and all. If Clinton's book was on sale at Costco here in Canada, which is possible, I'd walk right by looking for a nice piece of furniture instead.

If I want a book, I prefer independent bookstores and ordering it if they don't have it because I'd rather support a small businesses if I can, especially for inexpensive stuff like books.

Where I shop for all my books
edit on 8/7/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I guess the fact that costco is a business open to the PUBLIC makes no difference there.

Huh? They're open to the PUBLIC at their own discretion and whim, not because the PUBLIC has any special right to be there. In fact, compared to most retail stores, you could argue that CostCo is closed to the PUBLIC. They do, afterall, require a paid membership ID card before allowing you to shop in the store. If anything, they would be a closer comparison to a membership club. For nearly 80 years Augusta National refused to admit women into their membership, winning court cases that stated they had the right as a private membership organization. This isn't a Constitutional issue and, in trying to argue that it is, you're watering down a slew of honest-to-God Constitutional right violations seen daily out of DC.

Read the book "Chicken Little" sometime... then read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." When you blow a non-issue out of proportion, it seriously weakens your ability (and the ability of your associates) to argue a serious issue down the road because people connect you to raising beef over throw away complaints.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Doesn't matter anymore.

Latest news reports Costco flipped their decision.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Doesn't matter anymore.

Let's take credit for it

Someone (maybe even the CEO) at Costco just read this thread and decided that we (ATS'ers) are such a perfect sample of Americans and Canadians and they can't afford p*ss us off

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Gotta share that credit with World Nut Daily too.

edit on 8/7/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Alright.

Chalk it up to they knew they were in the WRONG.

Then much like Kerry flip flopped.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: CB328
It's his company, he can sell what he wants.

Usually republicans are saying companies can do whatever they want, what hypocrites.

Really I wonder why that excuse doesn't seem to work for Hobby Lobby ?

Because he isn't crying I'm doing it because my religion says so. Also did Costco promise the book as part of their employee literary plan?

I disagree.

Because their religion is the church of the current potus.

As to them evil people at Hobby Lobby ?

Damn then all to hell for not providing 4 out of the 20 contraception means their employees have access to!!!!

The church of the current POTUS. Make up stuff much?
They are denying it based on religion not science.
Face it you made a ignorant comparison.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Wow, companies do this. Get real. If you don't say the say thing about people like Ruppert Murdoch you are a hypocrite pushing an anti-democrat agenda.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Initially when reading the first post I was ready to jump on the Nazi book burning bandwagon but after getting more info I can see both sides of the argument. The owner does have the right to sell what he wants especially within a very small book section that is limited to what it feels is its average customer.
However in saying that the main point is the use of the situation from both parties to further there goal. The owner using it to show his brown nose is right up Obamas arse to the point he can almost lick his balls. And the author who will gain book sales from this mountain out of a mole hill. Everyones a winner, except us who are left discussing crap like this when real issues are going unnoticed.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It's a corporation, therefore a person. They can make decisions and operate their business however they see fit, right?

Really I wonder why that excuse doesn't seem to work for Hobby Lobby ?

It DID work for Hobby Lobby. WTF have you been?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Guess they do believe in freedom after all, unlike Hobby Lobby.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

google is also 'misdirecting' his movie show time, and places.

Okay ... I admit it ... I have no clue what this is. What movie? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
They can make decisions and operate their business however they see fit, right?

Exactly. We cannot butter our bread on both sides. If you feel that the baker in Colorado should not have had to prepare a 'gay' wedding cake then you cannot get your panties in a twist if CostCo circular files an anti-Obama book.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Because he isn't crying I'm doing it because my religion says so. Also did Costco promise the book as part of their employee literary plan?

No .. it's his ideology ... which for many is no different than religion. So since Costco didn't promise the book to be part of their employee literary plan, then you are now fine with Hobby Lobby not paying for abortificants because they didn't promise it as part of their employee package either, right?

Costco can run it's company anyway it wants as long as they don't break the law.
If people don't like it .. then don't shop there.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

America: Imagine the World Without Her

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I was also referring to the baker in Colorado who didn't want to be a part of a gay marriage ceremony. And of course, everyone sided with the business owner then, because the gay couple could have just gone to another baker-. . . wait, what?

Oh man ... there ya' go ... expanding the discussion.

As I said ... costco has a right to sell whatever it wants. But just for discussion ....

Is it okay for Costco to not sell a book because the owner doesn't want to? Yep.
Is it okay for Hobby Lobby not to provide free abortificants to employees? Yep
Is it okay for a baker not to sell a cake because the owner doesn't want to? Yep.

It's all the same right? The Costco customers can go elsewhere for their Obama book; Hobby Lobby employees who want free abortificants can get them elsewhere; and a gay couple can get their cake elsewhere as well.

Is it all the same? No laws are broken by Costco or Hobby Lobby or the Baker. They can pick what they sell and they can pick what they give employees as a benefit ... right?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Thanks. I don't think I've heard of this. Not an ad and not anyone talking about it on TV. Nothing. It's a movie? I'm going to have to go look around and see what this is about. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I only have seen it advertised on cable.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

google is also 'misdirecting' his movie show time, and places.

time.com...

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So you don't want to support a wholesale chain store that pays its employees living wages?

I guess we can all make choices.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join