It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COSTCO Bans D'Sousa's Book 'AMERICA' Because it is Critical of Barack Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
It's his company, he can sell what he wants.

Usually republicans are saying companies can do whatever they want, what hypocrites.

They didnt say they couldnt...........

What some have said is basically boycott them..........

Which is the right way to go about it, not mandate by the gov that they have to carry his book........like the liberals suggest should be done in cases like hobby lobby, chik fil a and others
edit on 7/8/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I dont think Hobby Lobby promised their employees all of those benefits either. That was your pal Obama. So why cant Hobby Lobby do business as it pleases, but Costco can? Hypocritical double standard from the delusional left.....albeit the right is just as bad, but still the hyposcrisy in politics is astounding.

And yet here we are still seeing the same names and faces defending each side as if anything either party does really benefits anyone other than the politicians.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Except there are some in this thread claiming that Costco is infringing on the First Amendment rights of the author. If they truly believe that then they must also believe this is a matter for the courts to decide or in other words the government.

And since we're throwing out examples... This is the exact same way the Right responded to when A&E suspended the Duck Dynasty guy. They shouted that he was being denied his First Amendment. So you see both sides run crying for government intervention when they don't get their way. At least the Left are honest when they say they want a big government.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

FREQUENTLY INCORRECT EMBRACEMENT OF THE FIRST.

Not really.

The bill of rights, and with the rest of the constitution is a total package.

Ninth Amendment The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

www.aclu.org...

The only mistake made there was these last 2 should have been included.

The key word there PEOPLE.

Oh I do so hope you've got something showing that and aren't falling into the all-too-often encountered trap of those who try to apply free speech to private matters

I guess the fact that costco is a business open to the PUBLIC makes no difference there.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm sure everyone can agree that any business has the right to sell what they want to the clientele that they want.

Right?

Business can determine what and how they want to sell something.

I'm sure we're all in agreement here.

Any business can determine it's customer base and what products they want to market.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Just for snips and giggles:

ts top executives are also aligning themselves with the Democratic Party this election season -- a rarity in the retail industry. At the Democratic National Convention Wednesday night, Jim Sinegal, the co-founder and former CEO of Costco, plugged President Barack Obama's investment in education and affordable energy, as well as his immigration policies. One of only two corporate voices of the night, Sinegal preceded Massachusetts U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Gasp quick ban that book that doesn't say 'nice' things about the democrats, and the potus!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm sure everyone can agree that any business has the right to sell what they want to the clientele that they want.

Right?

Any business can determine it's customer base and what products they want to market.

The problem with that Beezer.

Is that the second business starts making their decisions based on politics.

We are going to see a lot of business's go out of business.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
im not surprised. even though costco backed romney in 2012, they are from washington and are a very liberal company. doesnt make it right, but nevertheless they kiss obama's ass.

link   
a reply to: neo96

The book isn't being burned or banned. Costco is just not selling it in their store, which, I'm sure, is completely within their rights.

The alternative would be like A&E with the Duck Dynasty fiasco, where Costco can only sell D'Sousa's book and nothing else for a year.

link   
The left is so far up their own arse that they cant tell which way is up and which way is down anymore.

Here is a classic example of that.

Here is an article that has our President literally saying we should send assault style weapons to rebels in Syria because their current regime doesnt represent them. (Sounds familiar when close to half of our country is being run by someone who doesnt represent us)

Source here> www.huffingtonpost.com...

And at the very same time he is trying to do everything in his power to take the very same weapons off our streets. Now how can he be a proponent for other countries using assault weapons, even going so far as to provide them to those rebels, and yet we arent allowed to have that very same right of protection from our government? Or at least that right is being attacked as hard as the left can go.

See how the hypocrisy is ASTOUNDING. That man is an idiot and anyone who supports him falls directly in that category right beside him. Idiot.

Wonder how many of his democrat pals voted to send those guns along with the President? Anyone want to find the vote for us? Bet Reid, Pelosi, and every other major Democrat voted for the Syrians to have those guns.

Really its astounding.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

And that is their prerogative to do so.

If you want to run your business into the ground because of your personal ideology than that is your right.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Right?

If the owner of COSTCO wants to deny a persons ability to buy that book at their store, it is well within the rights of that business owner to do so. Those that want the book can go somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
It's his company, he can sell what he wants.

Usually republicans are saying companies can do whatever they want, what hypocrites.

Really I wonder why that excuse doesn't seem to work for Hobby Lobby ?

I'm sure you do - I have little doubt that the concept that LL's employees being supplied family planning is not actually a SALE by LL escapes you.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think a when you own a store, like a Wal-Mart or a Costco or even if you owned a small bookstore, you sell what you want. It's totally different than Hobby Lobby and Healthcare benefits for workers.. LOL what idiot would bring that up?

But the bigger question is where is the outrage on this thread about Wal Mart? a T-shirt reading "Someday a woman will be president" was pulled from the sales floor because "the message goes against Wal-Mart family values." The last quotes were the reason that shirt was pulled. It's well known that the Wal Mart book section for Non-Fiction is all Christian, family values and right wing conservatism. Where's that outrage?

this is a non issue. Get over it.

I own a business. I sell things. I might sell books pertaining to what I do one day, but I'll decide what books and "Ban" whatever I feel like. It's my business. If you don't like it, then you'll shop somewhere else. Nothing wrong with that.
edit on 8-7-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

They might as well.

NEW YORK – The wholesale giant Costco has issued an order to remove all copies of Dinesh D’Souza’s bestselling book, “America: Imagine the World Without Her,” from the shelves of its stores nationwide, WND has confirmed Read more at www.wnd.com...

Costco has sold more than 3,600 copies of “America” nationwide, with about 700 copies sold last week as D’Souza’s film by the same name opened at more than 1,000 movie theaters nationwide. Read more at www.wnd.com...

After selling it.

After PROFITING from those sales.

Signals changed!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Right?

If the owner of COSTCO wants to deny a persons ability to buy that book at their store, it is well within the rights of that business owner to do so. Those that want the book can go somewhere else.

I wonder if Costco defenders would feel the same way if it was CLintons book instead.

Funny thing there is.

I would still be saying the same thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Just heard on the news that CostCo will be putting the book back in stores and denied that it was ever pulled.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

I thought that kissing line is chronically out the door and around the block in D.C.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Just heard on the news that CostCo will be putting the book back in stores and denied that it was ever pulled.

That is confirmed.

Megan Kelly is talking about it now.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo, when I said, "If the owner of COSTCO wants to deny a persons ability to buy that book at their store, it is well within the rights of that business owner to do so. Those that want the book can go somewhere else."

I was also referring to the baker in Colorado who didn't want to be a part of a gay marriage ceremony. And of course, everyone sided with the business owner then, because the gay couple could have just gone to another baker-. . . wait, what?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join