It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian right seeks cultural and political domination

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

Does that even mean anything? Why and how are they equivalent to the Taliban?

They want to force their religious beliefs on EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE in this country.
Not just "Business."
Government.
Education.
Media.
Arts & Entertainment.
Family.
Religion.

sigh.

Read the articles and pages linked, please.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yes, this is true, but it's missing the bigger game going on. Right / Left is a false dichotomy in a closed system that ignores all the other possibilities so as to maintain population control. Whoever wins, we still lose - as long as we keep seeing things from within the box they put us in.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Right / Left is a false dichotomy in a closed system that ignores all the other possibilities so as to maintain population control.

?
You mean "control the people", or "keep numbers down"?

I don't subscribe to EITHER party, though. Yes, it's a rigged game, and we all lose. (Well, 99% of us.)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I was imagining some sort of corporate warfare or something. Each side of Christianity trying to grab up what they can.

How pious do you think these movers and shakers are? I mean, do they pander to a lowest common denominator, or do they actually live by faith?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Yes, this is true, but it's missing the bigger game going on. Right / Left is a false dichotomy in a closed system that ignores all the other possibilities so as to maintain population control. Whoever wins, we still lose - as long as we keep seeing things from within the box they put us in.

i disagree the labels exist for a reason, fundamental differences in beliefs. usually the right are considered religious conservatives and the left are considered open minded liberals.

i personally don't believe that these labels are being represented as they should. we should, instead of dividing ourselves, try to decide what beliefs should be taught to the next generation, as a whole society.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

How pious do you think these movers and shakers are? I mean, do they pander to a lowest common denominator, or do they actually live by faith?

Faith in power, and the idea that their vision is correct.

www.sourcewatch.org...

Christians are just tools in their globalist game. The PNAC is more powerful now than ever but staying behind the curtain.

These guys have moved way beyond piety!!
edit on 6-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Very good questions. And again, not sure how to answer that.

"Pious"? Well - they claim they are, and wave the Bible around and talk about their own interpretations of how "sinful" and "immoral" our society is. We're all damned, you know, if we don't tithe 10% to THEM or go to THEIR church, or share their beliefs and religion.

As far as the lowest common denominator, well - not sure what you mean there.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Okay, everybody. Family calls.
Keep it going here, and I'll be back later.

Please remember, this is NOT just about Hobby Lobby -
and these organizations, although they have managed to stay relatively obscure, are out to turn this country into a "Conservative Christian" nation. Our religious freedom is, as far as they are concerned, not acceptable.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If you guys let this happen you guys are #ed.
Glad I live in a country where most are not into religion.
Sure many say they are Christians but wouldn't agree with religion in state affairs, we just would not vote for a ultra fundie Christian.
Oh and the only people who will disagree with you Buzzy are the Christians whom want a theocracy.
edit on 6-7-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, and Obama's most important legislation - Obamacare - is fascist bill. Fascism is where the government controls the private businesses so tightly through regulation or other means that they might as well be government controlled.

Way to go to compare universal healthcare WHICH WORKS WELL IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY to fascism.

So let me get this straight...according to you, in all our European nations where we have universal health care, private businesses are "so tightly regulated they may as well be government controlled". Just because..of universal health care?

All I can say here is : LOL

edit on 7/6/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If they are pious, they could possibly be reasoned with. If they are not, then they are only in it for the money and power. Chances are the latter, imo.

If they are wolves in sheeps clothing, they could be exposed as hypocrites. Then they would lose their powerbase, right?

edit on 889Sunday000000America/ChicagoJul000000SundayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Well, they're doing it.
Some of you will be delighted, I'm sure....as we've seen round these parts since the ruling about Hobby Lobby.

First let me say that the author of your article is about as far anti-religion as any religious nut is the other way. His claim to fame is two books... "CJ Werleman is the author of Crucifying America, and God Hates You. Hate Him Back" I'm sure there is no spin or motive in his article other than education.... hehe

So, the big question is why can't religion live in America anymore? Who has created this so called war, the religious side or the atheist side. Do you really think religion has changed all that much in the last few hundred years?

But no. It IS real. The governor of Kansas is one of them - thank God he is being driven OUT of office now for his failed libertarian policies - but make no mistake.

Once again we vote ALL KINDS of nuts into office, religious or non-religious they are the same in the end.

People like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Sam Brownback, Rick Perry, some of the Supreme Court, and many other prominent government types have gotten enough power together to actually pull it off. These people ARE the equivalent of the Taliban.

So what is it that they are trying to pull off, I kind of missed that point. I see anti-gay and birth control as your main points so is that it? Once again we are dealing with behaviors that people either disagree or agree with. It all comes down to sex it seems, and age old issue, and the issue there is everyone has their own views on this, religious or non-religious.

I am aghast. Horrified.

The Hobby Lobby case is yet another reminder that those who wish to transform America’s secular democracy into a tyrannical theocracy are on the march.

I'm more horrified that we are becoming a nation where people can do anything they want no matter the repercussions, and we the tax payer just takes care of it all. Hobby Lobby is a company, if you do not like it, don't work there or shop there...

I feel more hopeless every day.

What is it that you are loosing that you had before back in 1975?

How about the Progressive Far Left? They want to change it all, have a Constitution that can be edited at will, socializes everything, get rid of our Republic and have a huge federal government in control of it all with a Democracy, control everyone down to the gnats ass, do away with freedoms of choice and beliefs, they will tell you what to believe and what you can do.

Does this look like a better scenario? I can tell you that the Progressive Far Left is a hell of a lot more powerful and in a better place to meet all their objectives than what you fear.

edit on 6-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why wouldn't Christians fight politically to maintain their position in our society/culture against an adversary that is trying to at best marginalize them? Why would they want to put someone with views like your own in public office or a position of authority/power?

People like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Sam Brownback, Rick Perry, some of the Supreme Court, and many other prominent government types have gotten enough power together to actually pull it off. These people ARE the equivalent of the Taliban.

The Taliban? Seriously? Just a bit of advice: You probably shouldn't engage in that kind of ridiculous and dishonest hyperbole. If you really think it's true, you should probably keep it to yourself. It might cause some people, or more people, to dismiss you as just some deranged crackpot.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs that is not the christian right and the groups you mention do aspire for political power but they are not christian. They are not the southern baptist of the bible belt you are taking jabs at but they are they enemy of christ and seek reformation of the christian doctrine that the country grew up with. You really should show the difference and not be so lumpy.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: BlueMule

Very good questions. And again, not sure how to answer that.

"Pious"? Well - they claim they are, and wave the Bible around and talk about their own interpretations of how "sinful" and "immoral" our society is. We're all damned, you know, if we don't tithe 10% to THEM or go to THEIR church, or share their beliefs and religion.

As far as the lowest common denominator, well - not sure what you mean there.

When is the last time a church member has asked you for ten percent of your money?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

When is the last time a church member has asked you for ten percent of your money?

You mean like a tithe?
www.bibleinfo.com...

When I attended church we were strongly advised to tithe. That's when.

I now give my 10% and more to reputable organizations....not churches.

edit on 6-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think you're exaggerating, Buzzy. If we were a theocracy, there wouldn't be Baptist churches hosting gay weddings. There would be no gay bars, no Hooters, no headshops and no liquor stores open on Sunday. Stem cell research and abortion would both be forbidden. Church would be a mandatory part of public education, and if you weren't a self-professed Christian with a history of attending services, you wouldn't get to vote either.

So no, we're not a theocracy.
edit on 6-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Just because you say it, doesn't make it the truth.

How about some actual references?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12 yea but you were in their house. not many organizations survive without money. On the other hand one should really take information from people who do tithe and see if it works for them by doing the 10% tithe. the main point jesus made was chairity.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
Way to go to compare universal healthcare WHICH WORKS WELL IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY to fascism.

Are you so sure about that? One thing to remember is that universal healthcare only works if money is generated to pay for it, and smaller countries with much smaller populations can make it work. We do see extremely high taxes and the burden put on the worker, so what happens when the European working class shrinks as it is doing right now? We are already seeing that the average cost of healthcare under Obamacare has an average increase of 50%, and in my category it has been about 200% for my family.

Another thing to remember is America is a Republic and national ANYTHING is something we really need to be careful about. Obamacare would have been great if each state was allowed to vote on it, and either adopt it or not. America is a lot like the EU, so how would you feel if they pushed fundamental laws across all of EU and none of the countries had any say in the matter? That is basically what Obamacare did.

Europe is in trouble, much more than the US, so lets get a bag of pop corn and watch it all....

edit on 6-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join