It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone films inside fireworks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think I have a new interest.

And they're not as expensive as I thought, controlled from an ipad or ios device

Google
Amazon has gotten into drone book delivery but I was thinking what else could you use one for? Clearly, overhead filming for events, advertising, "weddings"?. Currently, there are no regulations as of yet but that might change since someone has been flying one into YVR filming planes coming in. What do you think? Could probably make some easy $$ charging for filming services overhead.

Hmmm.
edit on 5-7-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Already covered

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I'm talking about from a business standpoint. But thanks hall monitor

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

When I saw your post , it didnt' have the business spin.
It also has nothing to do with being a hall monitor..

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

When I saw your post , it didnt' have the business spin.
It also has nothing to do with being a hall monitor..

then you didn't scroll past the embedded YT. Clearly, I'm talking about using it to make money. What's your point then, go back to the other thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

then you didn't scroll past the embedded YT. Clearly, I'm talking about using it to make money. What's your point then, go back to the other thread.

Clearly that is what i did , thanks for letting me know!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

No prob. I thought you were trying to troll me. snip happens.

Any comments on using it to make some money? Get a nice water tight quad and charge $300 for video. I'm on the coast and the possibilities are endless...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

No prob. I thought you were trying to troll me. snip happens.

Any comments on using it to make some money? Get a nice water tight quad and charge $300 for video. I'm on the coast and the possibilities are endless...

I can see that as being a pretty interesting way to make some cash..
The fireworks in my city are over a river near a bridge.Can just imagine the views a RC could get swooping in and out of the fireworks and near the top of the bridge.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

We've got the festival of lights every summer which is a 3-night fireworks international competition choreographed to music. It attracts about 100,000 people per night. Not only that, the film industry, parks and recreation, police surveillance, tourism, whale watching, sailing, real estate, you name it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo
How about overhead pans of outdoor weddings? I think any sporting event that covers considerable distance such as rally car, America's Cup, Iditarod, etc. would benefit from the lower cost of drone filming over traditional helicopter footage.

I am sure that jealous wives are already asking private detectives to use drones to spy on their husbands. I know there has already been a report of a drone filming a lady dressing in the morning.

edit on 5-7-2014 by Klipothian because: Typo

edit on 5-7-2014 by Klipothian because: Typo

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klipothian
a reply to: FlySolo
How about overhead pans of outdoor weddings? I think any sporting event that covers considerable distance such as rally car, America's Cup, Iditarod, etc. would benefit from the lower cost of drone filming over traditional helicopter footage.

I am sure that jealous wives are already asking private detectives to use drones to spy on their husbands. I know there has already been a report of a drone filming a lady dressing in the morning.

ehe ya, private eye came to mind but that would be a whole new liability and insurance can of worms I would think. Not ruling it out though. I like the sporting events idea. There's also land surveys too.
Came across these guys on Vancouver island charging 150/hr + 100/hr travel time.
Rates

I already have my eye on a particular unit. The DJL Phantom 2.0. Nice little drone with built in 1820p camera with iphone video streaming with GPS.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I think I have a new interest.
What do you think? Could probably make some easy $$ charging for filming services overhead.

Hmmm.

Make all the dosh you want...I loved the spectacle.

top topics

join