It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proud Whopper - Burger King serves GAY Food - This is the beginning of the END

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Youtuber, TheForerunner777 provides a Biblical based narrative, on this timely topic...

NEW GAY WHOPPER!
Burger King adds new LGBT themed Hamburger to their menu!

edit on 4-7-2014 by SkyLiner because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2014 by SkyLiner because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2014 by SkyLiner because: youtube embedding inhibited

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Urgh, this is dumbest thing..

No really.

Burger King, you people are idiots, LGBT aren't eating fast food, not really....

It's actually sort of patronizing..

Anyway, I'm gay, I mostly dislike the gay community anyway, so this just adds to that.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

I believe they would be trampling on peoples rights to practice their religion which is in the bill of rights. Maybe im just imagining it though. When you say that people who dont believe what someone else believes has the right to go into their church or holy place and engage in ceremonies that they ought not thats trampling on someones rights
This is utter nonsense. No one is forcing christian churches to perform homosexual weddings. Where did you even come up with that? Laughable.

Theres a respectful way to do things without forcing it upon everyone.
Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. Stop lying.

. Now people are getting sued because they dont want to have anything to do with their lifestyle choices. Such as not photographing their weddings or baking cakes for them. I'm sure churches that refuse to marry them will be punished as well.
Private businesses are not allowed to discriminate. Churches are. Your strawman fallacy doesnt hold up.

This isnt trampling on peoples rights? What ever happened to a business owners right to refuse service to anyone anytime? That is my problem with what is going on.

So you think business owners should be allowed to refuse to serve black people? Or middle easterners? Or asians?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

If it's not easy and causes people to kill themselves why do you think this was something he chose? You said it yourself. These people faced depression and hardship because they were different and society as a whole saw them as different. They didn't choose to be different they simply were different.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I know there are those who may disagree with what I am about to say, there are always those with thin skin raring to take offense at nearly anything anyone says anyway....

Any group which is marginalized for whatever reason ( yes, I know marginalizing people isn't very nice) becomes an accepted portion of society and enters the markets, it doesn't really matter if those formerly being marginalized are whatever race, sexual preference, religion, whatever.

This is nothing more than a business trying to get more market share after whatever group becomes free to be whatever it is they want to be without feeling the need to hide out and be themselves in secrecy.

50 years ago it wasn't unusual for blacks and whites to have separate areas to do business, eat, whatever, just as an example....

Gays have always been here, blacks have always been here, every type of person in the world has always been here.

Why not try to corner the market by aiming specific products at specific demographics and groups?.

This doesn't mean it's the end of anything but the end of gays, or any other specific group that was formerly marginalized feeling like they have to hide their sexual preferences or whatever any more.

Too bad it's only for the sake of selling crap nobody needs anyway .......

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Urgh, this is dumbest thing..

No really.

Burger King, you people are idiots, LGBT aren't eating fast food, not really....

It's actually sort of patronizing..

Anyway, I'm gay, I mostly dislike the gay community anyway, so this just adds to that.

~Tenth

You're a sick individual. Not for being gay but for not loving the awesomeness of the Whopper. Even Archer loves the Whopper.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

My point is things like this burger communicate its an easy lifestyle choice,in fact a trendy one and its all sunshine and butterflies and a joyful Carmen Miranda/Liberace extravaganza.....it isn't.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If it's all the same I would rather not think about this while eating.

It's a feeble attempt to get a demographic to eat Whoppers.

Gay people have more sense than to eat their crap.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
double post
edit on 4-7-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Xcalibur254

My point is things like this burger communicate its an easy lifestyle choice,in fact a trendy one and its all sunshine and butterflies and a joyful Carmen Miranda/Liberace extravaganza.....it isn't.

It's NOT a choice. Hell, who would "choose" to be vilified, castigated, just downright hated? Cripes, it wasn't that many decades ago that gay people were killed for being gay. Yeah, that a choice for me.

link   
Gay food.

lolz

*grunts*

"Can't eat hamburger no more, thems gamosexshumals dun took 'em."

Lets all sing!
"Hold the pickle hold the lettuce, special orders won't upset us, all we ask is that you let us serve it as gay!"

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Marriage always had something to do with religion. Just because you are an agnostic minister now doesnt change the fact it began as a religious ceremony. Furthermore its not just Christians who marry through their religion and its not just Christians who believe it to be a sin. 3% of the population shouldnt be dictating what is now acceptable to the rest and trying to change their religious norms. Even aside from the whole gay marriage thing, thats just one tiny facet of whats going on. Being gay isnt cool, its not trendy and from a scientific standpoint it could be considered a minor disability. I'm not being hateful when I say this. If we had evolved as a species to be gay we would have died out a long time ago. What the factors are that cause it...I dont know. They exist. They deserve the same rights as the rest of us. Aside from what they do in their bedrooms we are no different. However I feel they are being used as a tool to strip us of certain rights. Not just homosexuals, but all of the racial issues as well. They want everyone divided and mad at someone else so they can take rights away from all of us.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

So your issue with BK, the thing that's got you convinced that this is the beginning of the end... isn't that BK is terrible for the economy, isn't that their food is utter trash with almost zero nutrition, that they have been a large factor in cutting down rain forests for grazing, that they have undercut family farming... but that they wrap a burger in a rainbow wrapper and list it twice on their menu's? Really?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
A lot of you are saying, " but it's just sold for a limited time in the middle of a gay pride month and only in select locations"

So.. what makes that right? Easter has been around for lots longer than the gay pride thing and I don't see an Easter Burger or a Christmas Burger for that matter.

You guys say they are doing this for money as a marketing ploy - I say BS - if they wanted to do that they could make tons more money with an Easter Burger because there are way more Christians than there are gays.. (thank God)

Some of you don't understand the morality angle. So I've just established they are not doing this for the money - heck they admit it themselves! What other reason could there be? Someone's got an AGENDA.

My question is then, should we allow companies to cater so publicly for the agenda of a minority who's tenets are ethicaly and moraly questionable? I think not. Not without fair balence.
edit on 4-7-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't get it.

Any of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
My question is then, should we allow companies to cater so publicly for the agenda of a minority who's tenets are ethicaly and moraly questionable? I think not. Not without fair balence.

Let companies? I thought this was a free market. They can do what they want inside the law.

And with that attitude one might question your agenda, ethics and morals.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'll eat my Proud Whopper inside the nearest Chick-fil-A, thank you very much.

And to appease the right wingers I'll wash it down with a 32-ounce soda and get myself a large order of 'Freedom Fries'.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix

Yeah, sure, let them. Those who are "meh, whatever" about it, or supportive of it will still go in. Those who recoil can go to Chick-Fil-A or their church potluck. This is a difficult "Yeah, not this week" choice....how now?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

So your entire deal with this seems to be that they are not cratering to christians enough... I see that as you having an agenda :O
And to say their ethics and morals are questionable is all perspective, just cause you don't think right doesn't mean that they are not.
Just cause your book that dictates how you live and think says they are wrong, does not mean that they are.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Man, you are like that kid with all the Legos and then you notice little Tommy has one Duplo block and you lose your sht about how unfair it is that you don't have any Duplo blocks.

All the fast food chains I've ever seen have Christian Holiday decorations in their windows and outside at Christmas and Easter... I've never seen a Menorah or Dradle or a Buddah or any other religious symbolism for other religious holidays though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join