It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proud Whopper - Burger King serves GAY Food - This is the beginning of the END

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Articles like this just proves that right wing idiots dont deserve nice things, so burger king wants to cash in during pride parades by wraping there burgers in corful paper lol. What a sad joke.

But yea its that gay agenda, best advice i have for bigot, dont mary a gay person.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

So many people so annoyed that the rest of the world is finally realising that bigotry and hatred based on absurd 2000-year-old folk tales is utterly anachronous in the 21st century.

Get over it. The rest of us have grown out of hating people because some dusty old book tells us we should. Humans are humans. Religion is the biggest force for evil in the world today, just as it has been for hundreds of years.

A hamburger in a rainbow wrapper kind of pales into insignificance compared to centuries of religious persecution, don'tcha think?
edit on 4-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shaiker

I'm so sorry! Very sad! I hope you can live your own life some day instead of making choices based on the opinions of others. Yes, it's harder, but there's nothing more satisfying than being true to yourself.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I dont know whats worse...that people are upset about a wrapper, or that people are really stupid enough to think that anything that happens at burger king is the beginning of the end.

I mean seriously. This is the epitome of idiocy.
edit on 4-7-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Haven't they been through enough without risking slow death from fast food?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
People can keep writing it off like there is nothing to it but there is obviously an agenda. When you take these incidents one at a time they look very minor and people even look silly being upset about them. When you combine the overall atmosphere of television, marketing, and politics...it isnt hard to see where this is all going. The constant bombardment. The demonization of people who dont support their lifestyle choices. No one is saying they cant be as gay as they want without persecution. I support peoples right to be gay and it not be a crime and them not be persecuted. I do NOT support the governments right to take what was once a religious ceremony and force people to accept what their religious book clearly says is a sin. Should there be a legal way for them to obtain the same legal status as a married couple and recieve the same benefits under the law? Yes. They chose the path of greatest resistance. They being the people in control of the lobby. They could have obtained equal status and protection under the law without trampling on the rights and religion of others. Wait until all the hate speech laws and such go into effect. They are using small minority special interest groups to gradually strip away all of our freedoms. They do stuff like this to stir up controversy. Catering to 3% of the population isnt gonna boost sales of their nasty burger. Its about ticking off the 60% of the population who thinks its wrong. Its about creating hateful conversations online, confrontations in the real world to be used as examples for why we need less freedom.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Look I have a brother who is gay I love him as a brother but not his lifestyle it is not natural he struggled for years with it and many of his friends committed suicide along the way it is not an easy road to hoe I actually feel sorry for them it is not a happy go lucky choice.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

being raised to think a certain way but your body tells you something else causes a lot of turmoil with myself. whats worse is not wanting to hurt the ones u love. Its my sacrifice and my cross to bear, but i will never have experienced true happiness in my life.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Haven't they been through enough without risking slow death from fast food?

Hey. There's fast food and then there's the Whopper.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

I do NOT support the governments right to take what was once a religious ceremony and force people to accept what their religious book clearly says is a sin
1)A religious book doesnt get to dictate our laws:

2)marriage was not ever just a religious ceremony. EVER. Its such a christian thing to usurp something and then claim it was yours to begin with. Nonsense.

They chose the path of greatest resistance.
Problem is, its only the fundies who think its a choice, and its only the fundies putting up resistance.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Look I have a brother who is gay I love him as a brother but not his lifestyle it is not natural he struggled for years with it and many of his friends committed suicide along the way it is not an easy road to hoe I actually feel sorry for them it is not a happy go lucky choice.

And DUH! Why do you think he has struggled with it? Why do you think his friends killed themselves?

Because of Bible-thumping bigots who think there is a God, and furthermore, think that they know what this "God" says is "right" and what is "wrong". THAT IS WHY!

Religion. Makes me puke. Never mind the Whoppers.
edit on 4-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Nobody was bible bashing him the psychological and physiological angst was his own as he came to grips with the fact he was different.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch
People can keep writing it off like there is nothing to it but there is obviously an agenda.

Everyone has an agenda. I don't think anyone is denying that. The LGBT agenda is equal rights. Problem?

I do NOT support the governments right to take what was once a religious ceremony and force people to accept what their religious book clearly says is a sin.

No one is forcing you to accept anything. And CLEARLY you have not accepted it. That's your right.

They could have obtained equal status and protection under the law without trampling on the rights and religion of others.

What rights have been trampled on as a result of gay people getting married?

They are using small minority special interest groups to gradually strip away all of our freedoms.[/quuote]

And what freedoms have been stripped away as a result of gay people getting married?

Its about ticking off the 60% of the population who thinks its wrong.

Support for gay marriage is at 56 percent, with 37 percent opposed

Read more: www.politico.com...

Its about creating hateful conversations online

Well, if that's the case, you're certainly fulfilling their "agenda"... You don't HAVE to be hateful.
edit on 7/4/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
I dont know whats worse...that people are upset about a wrapper, or that people are really stupid enough to think that anything that happens at burger king is the beginning of the end.

I mean seriously. This is the epitome of idiocy.

Agreed.

Some burger joint can start of hetro burger and rake in all money from bigots and gay haters.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

You are right...religion doesnt dictate our laws but marriage was essentially a religious ceremony. You cant have it both ways. The government should have never gotten involved in the institution of marriage to begin with. They could have just made up their own thing. Its 2014 people make up lots of words now. I read an article about all the different options for people to select for gender now on facebook. They could have made something up, given it equal protection under the law as marriage, and met minimal resistance. Instead is has to be forced into fruition by trampling on the freedom of religion that is also written into the constitution.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Doesn't Jesus already have a nasty chicken chain?

"Many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."
Mathew 24:5

I guess there's a lot of people in the bedrooms of America living this one out, eh?

Yes, I went there *snicker* I'll go back OT now.

Whoopie doo. A rainbow wrapper that doesn't cost the customer extra. Cue Chicken Little reactions, ZOMG the world is ending!
Get a grip, people. I used to love me some Chick-Fil-A once or twice a year, until how they shove the Christian ideological drivel down employees' throats came to light alongside their anti-gay stance. I no longer go there, and haven't in several years. If you dislike something the company does, then stop giving them your money. It's that damn easy. If I can cease being a company's customer instead of whining, so can you.

Edit: Bottom line is it's exactly like when someone says "Don't shop at Walmart if you don't like their way of doing things." They'll either do just fine without you, or it'll get 'em by the company balls. The masses will dictate the outcome.
edit on 7/4/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/4/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Some burger joint can start of hetro burger and rake in all money from bigots and gay haters.

Hurry! Call Chick-Fil-A!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

"This is America.

No one is forcing anyone to eat a burger anywhere.

Don't like it -

don't eat it, don't buy it - that simple.

Like it?, then buy it and eat it

Don't like the message, don't go there, don't do business with them, simple, easy-peasy

Like the message, eat there, do business there

Don't you wish everyone felt this way and left bakeries and florists alone too with this philosophy?

This is what it is to be American, don't like the philosophy of a business, don't do business there, simple, go elsewhere.

Like the philosophy of a business and want to see it thrive, do business there, simple.

The right shouldn't tell any business owner how to express their moral philosophy

The left shouldn't try and force any business owner not to express their moral philosophy

Plain, simple, and American as apple pie "

I just LOVE your response. It is as American as apple pie. While I don't advocate shoving anything down anyone's throat, I also agree that people vote with their dollars and make common sense decisions. If you're a little urked...you might spend less. If you're horrified...you stop going to the store. Bottom line is that public and private companies makes decisions about reaching out to different "demographics" ALL THE TIME. It's smart business. And while everyone wants to demonize Burger King here...I'd like to give you the flip side. Chick-Fil-A's Dan Cathy has had SO MUCH to say about gay people. He as an executive in the business has certainly shared his opinion of gays, we all know the company is derived from more fundamentalist Christian Roots. I've even done work for the company and know others who have. As a gay person, and gay parent, I can tell you that my kids like few things more than Chick-Fil-A. When Dan Cathy expressed his beliefs, we took them as that. We eat at Chick-Fil-A ALL THE DAMN TIME. I have even had gay people see the Chick-Fil-A bags in our car and question it. I couldn't care less what the owner's of the business have to say. He is stating HIS opinion. He is ENTITLED to it. This is America. I also think they run a GREAT business and their food is GOOD. I am a happy Chick-Fil-A customer. So...on the reverse...if a business reaches out to a demographic while not disenfranchises you...let it go. I wouldn't buy a Pride Burger because I don't like Whoppers. I also wouldn't punish the business for reaching out to a demographic. Loosen up folks.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

You are right...religion doesnt dictate our laws but marriage was essentially a religious ceremony.
In america, marriage is a legal ceremony, not a religious one. I am an agnostic minister. I have performed multiple non religious weddings.

It is a legal contract, nothing more.

You cant have it both ways.
You dont have to, because marriage has nothing to do with religion.

The government should have never gotten involved in the institution of marriage to begin with
The government had no choice. Spousal rights HAD to be protected.

. They could have made something up, given it equal protection under the law as marriage, and met minimal resistance
So, since a few christians think they have an exclusive right to marriage, homosexuals should have to make up something? Sounds a bit self-righteous....

Instead is has to be forced into fruition by trampling on the freedom of religion that is also written into the constitution.
What has been taken away from religions? What does it change for christianity if homosexuals can marry. I want you to take a moment and really think about it.

nothing has been taken away from religious people. Not. One. Thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I believe they would be trampling on peoples rights to practice their religion which is in the bill of rights. Maybe im just imagining it though. When you say that people who dont believe what someone else believes has the right to go into their church or holy place and engage in ceremonies that they ought not thats trampling on someones rights. Theres a respectful way to do things without forcing it upon everyone. Now people are getting sued because they dont want to have anything to do with their lifestyle choices. Such as not photographing their weddings or baking cakes for them. I'm sure churches that refuse to marry them will be punished as well. This isnt trampling on peoples rights? What ever happened to a business owners right to refuse service to anyone anytime? That is my problem with what is going on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join