It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proud Whopper - Burger King serves GAY Food - This is the beginning of the END

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Relax people this is in San Fransisco for pride week.

Good way to capitalize on the crowd. Good on BK!

On second thought, it as all part of an agenda to make everybody gay. The Proud Whopper is a clever ploy to turn people into gays.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

Except it's not only homosexuals who are arguing they should be given equal rights. Current polls indicate most of the US population are pro-gay marriage. On top of that we have recent polls from the Pew Institute that indicate the third largest "religion" is Non-Religious. After them are Hindus. And after them are Buddhists. None of these three say anything about persecuting homosexuals. Christianity and Islam are behind on the times, which is kind of sad considering they came after Hindu and Buddhism.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
A lot of you are saying, " but it's just sold for a limited time in the middle of a gay pride month and only in select locations"

So.. what makes that right? Easter has been around for lots longer than the gay pride thing and I don't see an Easter Burger or a Christmas Burger for that matter.

McDonald's Filet-O-Fish was created especially for their catholic customers

You won't see me protesting it because of it's religious ties, I'll protest it because of it's taste.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I've ever seen have Christian Holiday decorations in their windows and outside at Christmas and Easter.

I wonder how many Christians realize Christmas and Easter aren't Christian holidays at all and by all technicalities they shouldn't be celebrating them.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

lol well... Good luck convincing them they're really celebrating Pagan Holidays.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Get a grip, people. I used to love me some Chick-Fil-A once or twice a year, until how they shove the Christian ideological drivel down employees' throats came to light alongside their anti-gay stance. I no longer go there, and haven't in several years. If you dislike something the company does, then stop giving them your money. It's that damn easy. If I can cease being a company's customer instead of whining, so can you.

Edit: Bottom line is it's exactly like when someone says "Don't shop at Walmart if you don't like their way of doing things." They'll either do just fine without you, or it'll get 'em by the company balls. The masses will dictate the outcome.

Be careful there Nyiah...us LGBT folks aren't allowed to point out the agenda of a humongous massive amount of people. It's only allowed to be pointed out when a smaller percentage of people want equality...then it is allowed

Thanks for your post Nyiah...it's people like you and many others who make me feel generally ok being LGBT

you too BH

Look people...there as SO many things wrong with this article and thread

I will point them out then summarily be put to thread death because I chose to speak out against what used to be the status quo

1. this is one BK, one sandwich, for a few days a year, during a PRIDE fest, in a heavily LGBT area. Are you kidding me? This is the end of morality? humanity? the world? These religious right folks are just plain dumb...period

2. Back to what I said to Nyiah (only slightly in jest). It's perfectly ok to crucify the LGBT community when we hunt for equality such as marriage and the so-called gay Whopper. We didn't ask for the Whopper to be "gay." One of two things is happening.

a. It's a marketing ploy...in which case you on the right out to be celebrating this move because it's FREEDOM which you cry so much for. If this was marketing, then BK Corporate should be massively praised by the right because it's business being business. But that's not ok for the right because the right is so hypocritical that they believe that freedom should ONLY be freedom when it supports their base. An here's the thing...I sort of agree. If we want freedom we should have it...but ACROSS THE BOARD. Not just freedom for Hobby Lobby and Chik-Fil-A...but no only for the fundies...not us queerosexuals

b. It's a company legitimately trying to open their arms to an oppressed community...in which case I applaud them deeply. Pretend all you want, the LGBT community has had eons of devastating treatment and it keeps going. I mean seriously...genocide in WWII, beatings and murders of LGBT members...it happens. I would precisely the same if two gay guys went and killed a Christian because he was Christian. I will speak out against that just as staunchly. But the fact is, LGBT does not = fair treatment. This government has screwed up alot...I admit it. My side and theirs. But man I am loving going to my LGBT news/forum site and seeing a new state's illegal and offensive marriage ban fall...and btw...dn't give me that bullcrap about LGBT marriage = pedophila crap. You are sick if you say that...period...but that's for another thread

3. Finally, where was your outcry when Hobby Lobby and Chik-Fil-A shoved their views down our throats? That's right it's ok because it supports your agenda. If you can't see how the right is steeped in insane hypocritical behavior and thought then you need new glasses...period

But it's all ok...I will take my pan-read end with my bisexual partner and my darling MtF friend and go eat a gay whopper...and for every one you don't eat, we'll eat three...except my partner...she hates BK...mainly because the food sucks

But that's the entire point that is hidden behind the dirty tricks and overwhelming and overblown disgust in this article...you can, at this moment, decide instantly to never buy another BK product just as I have decided to never buy Chik-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby products again...freedom!

oh yeah that's right...freedom only for some...oops

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

On second thought, it as all part of an agenda to make everybody gay. The Proud Whopper is a clever ploy to turn people into gays.

You can catch the gay by eating a Whopper?

(I just saw what I wrote and will now spend the next 15 minutes giggling uncontrollably)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I don't care if it's Christians or any other group as long as it's balanced. See, my thing is if this idea takes off then you will go to your favorite restaurant and be forced to deal with these ideas while your eating. Thats no fun. Or how about go to your local barber shop and see only pictures of middle eastern styles or the reverse.. go to Burger King and have to put up with a Jesus burger when other people are not represented - it's just not right IMO.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: jrod

You can catch the gay by eating a Whopper?

(I just saw what I wrote and will now spend the next 15 minutes giggling uncontrollably)

Wellllllll, eating a Whopper makes me happy. Does that count?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

lol well... Good luck convincing them they're really celebrating Pagan Holidays.

I love being a Pagan...I admit it...my Queen Aset has guided me from the day I took her hand...and yes it is really difficult to get the Christians to see that they literally, flat-out stole most of their traditions

but again...back to the thread...it's all ok because it supports the religious right

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I don't care if it's Christians or any other group as long as it's balanced. See, my thing is if this idea takes off then you will go to your favorite restaurant and be forced to deal with these ideas while your eating. Thats no fun. Or how about go to your local barber shop and see only pictures of middle eastern styles or the reverse.. go to Burger King and have to put up with a Jesus burger when other people are not represented - it's just not right IMO.

Go to Disneyland. It's a Small World will fix you right up.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Eventually though they will accept LBGT etc. into the fold just like they did the pagan traditions in the past. Christianity seems to evolve over time.
edit on 4-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

(post by wombatta removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

yeah or maybe we all stop being pathetic martyrs and victims and just not support something you don't want to support

If I believed in the same freedom you espouse in this post, it would be super pathetic of me to knowingly go to Chik-Fil-A as a pansexual Pagan (trademark lol) and then throw a big fit when I know FULL well that Chik-Fil-A proudly supports those who don't support me.

In a free market and a free world, choices can be made by corporations. They live and die by those choices so they have to tread carefully.

Despite how I feel and my thoughts of the past, when I truly think about it, Chik-Fil-A has every right to support Christianity and not support LGBT rights so long as they provide equal service. But then it is my right to boycott them for such a decision.

Likewise, Christians can boycott this BK or ALL BK's from here to eternity...that is their freedom of association.

Like Duck Dynasty...that guy is a pig...so I choose not to support him

it goes around and around...but instead, people would rather knowingly put themselves in a situation then cry that it harmed them somehow

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Lol you can make a poll say anything you want it to.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
"Militant Gay Agenda" lol, really? Are there armed mobs of gay people roaming the country? Or is the OP just a little homophobic.

Who eats junk food anymore anyway? Gross.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

"Homophobic" is so last century. I came up with "homohate". Some don't fear gay people, they just hate them.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There is a real simple way to get rid of all of this.

Treat everyone the same and no-one will have a reason to highlight their differences anymore.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

A good lot of them do and always have, the religious Right calls them folks Christians in name only... you know cuz Jesus was clearly a bigot (sarc).

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Wow, someone needs to lay off the haterade for just a little while.

i would hate to live in the fantasy world some have created for themselves, it must truly be awful.

All i can suggest is that you perhaps focus your hate and rage into something more constructive.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join