It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political satire: IS this how the world perceives the U.S.?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: InTheLight

According to the like/dislike map, your nearest neighbour - Canada - is not impressed.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Well since we are all at it Americans never were impressed at all with Canada beyond some bacon and maple sap er syrup.

Within your response lies the basis of why some Americans are not looked upon favourably.

Well we can certainly toss it out there with the best of them. I am not one that cares about a favorable look from anyone. Your average american like elsewhere is not really concerned with image projection in general.

Do you speak for all Americans then?

Do you speak for the rest of the world then?

I don't but the poll I posted does. (Answers question with a question!)
edit on 4-7-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Just listen to this little Irishman.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

And just what to the Southerners think about that song?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

"A southern man don't need him around anyhow." -Skynyrd

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

"In jest, there is truth".

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Well like you all they ever talked about for years was Yankee corruption, lack of understanding of southern ways and carpet baggers.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I think you are missing the satire of the piece, they are lampooning the far left of United States politics and saying that is how they see the country.

It's one thing to expect people to make it to the bottom of an article but I'm a bit surprised so many people couldn't make it to the bottom of a picture.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
If thats how the world sees us, well, they are idiots.

This is how some over-educated numbskulls and pseudo intellectuals see the US and I am not American. I am not saying that the US is perfect, but just that some people's worldview is blinkered. I think travel broadens the mind and some people really need to go out and see the world.

Regards

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hello TB: I never intended to infer it represented the truth or my own personal opinion. It doesnt. I saw it and wanted to see what others felt. It struck me in an odd way, so I presented it here for discussion.

It is illiciting a lot of great responses here. And thats great. Interesting to see all the differences of view and interpretation by us here at ATS.

Thanks all! MS

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

As a "southern man" myself, I strongly prefer Neil Young to Skynyrd. Although I am seemingly in the minority with that opinion.

Thanks for sending him, The Guess Who, and Death From Above 1979 down our way.

But can you take that new little blonde twerp back please?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is how extremist progressive blogs like daily kos and democratic underground see the USA, the founders and the constitution.

They hate our freedom, or what is left of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well seeing as how this an American film...How do the Americans see themselves?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Na this is how I view the USA:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The only reason why the US exists is to be a strong man for Central Banking. If you notice almost every war including WW2 the US has been involved in has been fighting against a country that didn't have a Central Bank. (Hitler kicked out the Central Banks when he was elected).

Basically the US is just a militarized state. Of course if the citizens knew this they wouldn't be so happy. That's why Americans are constantly reminded that they are "free". And to quote Carlin, they call it the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.

Back to US wars, immediately after we entered Afghanistan and Iraq, Central Banks were set up.

And today of course, countries like Syria, Iran, North Korea, don't have central banks. (countries that US want to or wanted to invade)

The coincidences are staggering!

If you eliminate Central Banking you eliminate some of the biggest world problems expect for Natural Disasters of course.

No one though on this forum seems to give a # about Central Banking though unfortunately. They care more about routinely blaming the President and calling glowing dots in the sky UFO's.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I can't resist this gray/purple argument, because it shows how deep the stoopid runs.

Map w/ Gray Canada.

Gray.

Somebody's monitor needs calibrated, big time, if that looks purple.

a reply to: intrepid
Wow. That's a backhand if ever there was one, ouch. I know how most foreigners feel & agree with the points made in that article already, but still, ouch.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Seven pages? Wow! I'll gladly take the US any day of the week over China. There will always be a "superpower", sorry for you daydreamers of utopia out there. And there will always be backseat drivers, too.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Satire is fun...but I just got back from a few days in the U.S. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I may not appreciate the politics, but I always enjoy visiting, and I like Americans. They are open, friendly people. Always happy to get home, though.

edit on 5-7-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...because. Just, because!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Face it, we are the modern day British empire. The apple never rolls too far from the tree, lol!
But seriously, we started both world wars?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I believe and Russians and Mexicans like the U.S.A. better than Canadian...I wonder why that is?

Even America's internal politics affect our. The Keystone Pipeline for example. That's why you're going to get an unfavorable outlook from Canadians. But that's the thing, it's the POLITICS. Canadians love Americans. Who wouldn't? Damn fine people. You just have to fix your little "Washington" problem.

HAHAHA, Canadians love Americans, hahahaha!!!!!!

I'm a Canadian and I hate the U.S! I know most Canadians hate the U.S too.
It's not just because of the Keystone Pipeline that makes Canadians hate the U.S, we hate how we had to lower our food standards in order to serve the crap that the U.S calls food. We hate how the U.S sticks it's nose in everyone's business so long as there is something for the U.S to gain, case in point: The slaughter of the Tutsi done by the Hutu. The U.S didn't want to get involved & in the weeks after April 6, 1994, 800,000 men, women, and children perished in the Rwandan genocide, perhaps as many as three quarters of the Tutsi population.

We hate how Jingoistic the U.S citizens are, not all the citizens in the U.S having indoor plumbing & running water, can't you guys take care of your own people?

We hate how U.S corporations number one goal is to make money & if it puts people at risk, screw them.

We hate how the U.S created the financial collapse in 2008 that effected the whole world. There was protection in place since the great depression of the early 20's yet the U.S took all that protection away & laughed as everything crumbled. Then what happened, banks got bail outs. The dick heads who ruined so many lives, got away with it and are still getting away with it.

We hate how the U.S is given Natural Resources by Canadians and then it is sold back to us and an inflated price.

We hate how the U.S makes us get involved in every single battle, can't you guys do anything on your own without needing Canada's support?

We hate how the U.S lies & deceives everyone, not just the U.S citizens.

We hate how the U.S supports GMO and because of the trade deal between Canada & the U.S, Canada is getting your crap ass GMO too.

We hate how the U.S can't educated it's own citizens.

I really could go on and on of why Canada hates the U.S but I'd rather not. Let's just say that the pic in the original OP does sum up how a LOT of non U.S people feel about the U.S

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Frankly, much of the world would be in shambles without the U.S.

Fact.

Frankly much of the shambles the world is in right now is BECAUSE of America.

Another fact.

Fact or delusion?? The US has accounted for some horrible misadventures but to think the US is a sole proprietor in where the worlds is today is not only misinformed but also maligned with inaccurate propaganda.. Europe, Russia, China and most of the world has washed their hands in blood. Most for their own egregious benefit. The US has also sacrificed a ton for many good things. Sometimes we do things with thoughts that we are helping people but our good intention merely did more harm than good (first Iraq war).

And I'm not standing here waiving my Red, White and Blue praising how pure the US is. Our nation has done some horrific things... but to lay the worlds woes and the feet of the US is not only wrong, but insanely inaccurate!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join