It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political satire: IS this how the world perceives the U.S.?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I can't resist this gray/purple argument, because it shows how deep the stoopid runs.

Map w/ Gray Canada.

Gray.

Somebody's monitor needs calibrated, big time, if that looks purple.

Not everyone's eyes can see color the same way as other people. They might actually be seeing a slight purple color instead of grey because of their eyes not their monitor and that doesn't make them stupid. My boyfriend and I have that happen to us all the time, my eyes see colors just slightly different so sometimes I'll see something as black when it's just a super dark blue. I'm not stupid because my eyes see things differently.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: InTheLight
I believe and Russians and Mexicans like the U.S.A. better than Canadian...I wonder why that is?

Even America's internal politics affect our. The Keystone Pipeline for example. That's why you're going to get an unfavorable outlook from Canadians. But that's the thing, it's the POLITICS. Canadians love Americans. Who wouldn't? Damn fine people. You just have to fix your little "Washington" problem.

HAHAHA, Canadians love Americans, hahahaha!!!!!!

I'm a Canadian and I hate the U.S! I know most Canadians hate the U.S too.
It's not just because of the Keystone Pipeline that makes Canadians hate the U.S, we hate how we had to lower our food standards in order to serve the crap that the U.S calls food. We hate how the U.S sticks it's nose in everyone's business so long as there is something for the U.S to gain, case in point: The slaughter of the Tutsi done by the Hutu. The U.S didn't want to get involved & in the weeks after April 6, 1994, 800,000 men, women, and children perished in the Rwandan genocide, perhaps as many as three quarters of the Tutsi population.

Complain about how the US did nothing to stop the genocide, yet where was the mighty Canadian military to stop the genocide? Hypocrite much??

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack

I believe and Russians and Mexicans like the U.S.A. better than Canadian...I wonder why that is?

Even America's internal politics affect our. The Keystone Pipeline for example. That's why you're going to get an unfavorable outlook from Canadians. But that's the thing, it's the POLITICS. Canadians love Americans. Who wouldn't? Damn fine people. You just have to fix your little "Washington" problem.

It's not just because of the Keystone Pipeline that makes Canadians hate the U.S, we hate how we had to lower our food standards in order to serve the crap that the U.S calls food. We hate how the U.S sticks it's nose in everyone's business so long as there is something for the U.S to gain, case in point: The slaughter of the Tutsi done by the Hutu. The U.S didn't want to get involved & in the weeks after April 6, 1994, 800,000 men, women, and children perished in the Rwandan genocide, perhaps as many as three quarters of the Tutsi population.

Complain about how the US did nothing to stop the genocide, yet where was the mighty Canadian military to stop the genocide? Hypocrite much??

We were there:

In the face of this turmoil, Canada and other UN countries moved to try to end the bloodshed and restore order. The UN undertook peace missions to Rwanda from 1993 to 1996, the largest being the United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda (UNAMIR) in which Canada played a leading role. At different times during the mission, two Canadians would serve as the Commander of the UN mission. They were Major-General Roméo Dallaire and Major-General Guy Tousignant.

www.veterans.gc.ca...

And don't listen to the prattle. Canadians love Americans. Hate your gov't.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bearack

Canada does not have projection capability's its purely a defense force.

The only country's in the world with a REAL projection force at that time were the USA, France and UK.

Only us three country can be to blame for doing nothing.

IF the USA had only a defense force then there would be no blame.

USA,UK and France had the capability's to help but didn't and thats were the guilt lies.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack

We were there:

In the face of this turmoil, Canada and other UN countries moved to try to end the bloodshed and restore order. The UN undertook peace missions to Rwanda from 1993 to 1996, the largest being the United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda (UNAMIR) in which Canada played a leading role. At different times during the mission, two Canadians would serve as the Commander of the UN mission. They were Major-General Roméo Dallaire and Major-General Guy Tousignant.

www.veterans.gc.ca...

And don't listen to the prattle. Canadians love Americans. Hate your gov't.

Except for the comment about U.S citizens being jingoistic, the rest of the comments I made about the U.S is stuff the gov is responsible

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I know most Canadians hate the U.S too.
I think you're wrong. Period.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
One word .. IRAQ

Blair / Bush. Check it out now, are you proud? The entire justifications all lies... Saddam Hussein might have been a complete dickhead but it held it together. Now you are doing the same in Syria, there will be the same result. Nice move arming the ISIS rebels ya wallies

Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

As a Canadian, 10% percent seems legit...

Travel and ask around.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Frankly, much of the world would be in shambles without the U.S.

Fact.

Frankly much of the shambles the world is in right now is BECAUSE of America.

Another fact.

Actually no.

The rest of the world was murdering,raping, doing EVERYTHING the US gets demagogued for long before this country was ever founded.

Hell this country only came about because of the colonial european imperialism.

Even your country.

Anyone who has ever opened up a history book KNOW THIS>

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Anyone who has ever opened up a history book KNOW THIS>

The problem there is that your history books aren't telling the same tale as most others.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Really ?

France,England,Spain didn't colonize the 'new world' ?

Same countries didn't divy up the ME, as well as Africa, South America, and Asia?

They didn't ?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You forgot about the Dutch and Portuguese.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The rest of the world was murdering,raping, doing EVERYTHING the US gets demagogued for long before this country was ever founded.
Hell this country only came about because of the colonial european imperialism.
Even your country. Anyone who has ever opened up a history book KNOW THIS>
If you'll notice, though, while baby America was busy killing their Native Americans to drive them off their ancestral lands, the British and French were merely cheating them. In Canada, the law and military moved west and settlement caught up. In the U.S., the land agents and settlers were at the front of the vanguard. That simple fact also goes a long way towards explaining Americans and their guns. A loose assessment, but close enough.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Funny, how all of that existed before America was even a country huh?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Funny, how all of that existed before America was even a country huh?

Lot of it going on around the American Revolution...and it was the Colonies, not the Crown. Your point?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

You're absolutely correct . . . and looking at solutions is the hard part.

I have suggested some solutions but it would take the nations as a whole to change. Are you ready?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Vietnam: FRANCE
Desert Storm: Saudi Arabia
the TERRORISTS who we can find because they have been asking for it for sometime.
The second Gulf war was all bush (I DID have prisoners ask me to get Saddam in the 1st Gulf War) current wars if fought are led by a fool.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
And we have the best MOVIES.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yes it was called "Manifest destiny".We captured land from MANY people.Like YOU have from YOUR indigenous population,you just use encroachment as a tool.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yes it was called "Manifest destiny".We captured land from MANY people.Like YOU have from YOUR indigenous population,you just use encroachment as a tool.

Yes, we just had more of a tendency to cheat them, as opposed to killing them.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join