It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political satire: IS this how the world perceives the U.S.?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: InTheLight
I believe and Russians and Mexicans like the U.S.A. better than Canadian...I wonder why that is?

Even America's internal politics affect our. The Keystone Pipeline for example. That's why you're going to get an unfavorable outlook from Canadians. But that's the thing, it's the POLITICS. Canadians love Americans. Who wouldn't? Damn fine people. You just have to fix your little "Washington" problem.

.... We hate how the U.S sticks it's nose in everyone's business so long as there is something for the U.S to gain, case in point: The slaughter of the Tutsi done by the Hutu. The U.S didn't want to get involved & in the weeks after April 6, 1994, 800,000 men, women, and children perished in the Rwandan genocide, perhaps as many as three quarters of the Tutsi population.

That's some fine logic there, Canadian. You hate how the US sticks it's nose in everyone's business, yet in the very next sentence, you blame the US for not poking it's nose into Africa. Seek help. Your lack of logic is disturbing.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is a picture of the map, with lines drawn from the -10% to 10% to the countries that match the legend color. Canada is NOT one of them. Whoever said Canada is at -10 to 10 needs to realize and admit they are wrong. I thought only Americans acted like stubborn idiots?

s27.postimg.org...

Even if your monitor is screwed up you can see the shade difference when I posted the color blocks at the bottom.

Canada is NOT at 10% Period. Repeating it further you will only embarrass yourself.

Wow... just wow....
edit on 21-8-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I can't resist this gray/purple argument, because it shows how deep the stoopid runs.

Map w/ Gray Canada.

Gray.

Somebody's monitor needs calibrated, big time, if that looks purple.

Not everyone's eyes can see color the same way as other people. They might actually be seeing a slight purple color instead of grey because of their eyes not their monitor and that doesn't make them stupid. My boyfriend and I have that happen to us all the time, my eyes see colors just slightly different so sometimes I'll see something as black when it's just a super dark blue. I'm not stupid because my eyes see things differently.

People aren't "seeing things" the legend is purple. If you disagree it's purple, the fact remains it is NOT the same color that Canada is shaded with.

Again, wow.... never knew people could get so angry they literally cannot see the difference in colors.

Will any of you admit you were wrong? Any of you? How about taking some responsibility when you screw up instead of hiding like cowards.
edit on 21-8-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
The only ones who think America is number 1 are probably Americans. Name one thing, other than the strongest military, that America is still number 1 at.

Nobel Prizes.... That was easy. Link

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gozer

originally posted by: intrepid

I believe and Russians and Mexicans like the U.S.A. better than Canadian...I wonder why that is?

Even America's internal politics affect our. The Keystone Pipeline for example. That's why you're going to get an unfavorable outlook from Canadians. But that's the thing, it's the POLITICS. Canadians love Americans. Who wouldn't? Damn fine people. You just have to fix your little "Washington" problem.

.... We hate how the U.S sticks it's nose in everyone's business so long as there is something for the U.S to gain, case in point: The slaughter of the Tutsi done by the Hutu. The U.S didn't want to get involved & in the weeks after April 6, 1994, 800,000 men, women, and children perished in the Rwandan genocide, perhaps as many as three quarters of the Tutsi population.

That's some fine logic there, Canadian. You hate how the US sticks it's nose in everyone's business, yet in the very next sentence, you blame the US for not poking it's nose into Africa. Seek help. Your lack of logic is disturbing.

There is a difference between stepping in when a entire race is being slaughtered compares to inventing terrorists in order to get troops into a country in order to protect the oil from falling into the hands of other people.

Seek help, your lack of understanding is disturbing.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
double post/hiccup in the system
edit on 21-8-2014 by knoledgeispower because: hiccup

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

According to the like/dislike map, your nearest neighbour - Canada - is not impressed.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I am going to book mark this map. I read repeatedly on these forums people claim that "the french hate America", and this clearly shows what I have tried to explain- France is one of the most favorable towards America.

To me, they seem rather uninformed and ignorant about America, their idealisation surprises me. But I say nothing.

That article, (www.macleans.ca... ) I hate to say, does express some truths. For a few years, I was active on a forum that was largely midwestern americans (horse stuff) and I cannot describe how often they would get upset if someone used "upitty words". Speaking correctly was attacked regularly as trying to confuse and "make others feel bad".

Even I began to give in to the pressure and try to write like an ignorant ass, to avoid the flood of hostility.

The hatred of all other countries was loudly expressed, and mostly by those who had little to no idea where these countries were or what they were like. It made me sad to see this aspect of my own motherland and culture.

But I stopped frequenting that site, and was happy to find a level of wisdom higher in some other forums, which gave me hope. At least here, people do not think Paris is a country. (in general).

The thing is, where I am from in the US, and in my family and friends, I didn't witness the same ignorance, hostility, or lack of education. It made me think that, the US being such a mix of extremes, there really is some of everything- you can find brilliance and "dumb as a rock"; you can find extremely poor and extremely rich; you can find the good, bad, beautiful and ugly.

One thing they have in common though, is a repulsion to mediocrity- whatever you are, or are doing, it should go to an extreme.

That gives fodder for anyone that wants to worship, or condemn, the entire nation.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Haha, no!.. More like:

<< 6  7  8   >>

join