It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama.Care Exchange Enrollee Inconsistencies Still not "Verified"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well they say one mistake leads to another.

It seems the Obama.Care enrollee verification process is still stalled on the federal level as well as the State level.

When the exchange systems were not functioning, Obama and HHS "allowed" people to just declare things like income and citizen status on an "Honor" basis to be verified later.

The Inspector General has issued a report that seems to imply the HHS and some States are in turmoil with these "verifications".

The already "verified" applicants are having problems related to the amount of subsidies and are apparently going to have to "pay back" some of the loot.

Obama.Care is twisting apart and may never actually work.

Complete Sloppy-Schlock operation if there ever was one.

How can they even know for sure if they aren't making big mistakes with the "verifications" ?

Over-Bloated Bureaucracy. Under-Qualified Administrators.

A devastating new Health and Human Services (HHS) Inspector General report released on Tuesday reveals that the Obama administration has yet to determine whether 1,295,571 of the over 8 million Obamacare enrollees are U.S. citizens lawfully in the country.

The finding, located on page 11 of the report, states that 44% of the remaining 2,611,780 application "inconsistencies" are related to verifying "Citizenship/national status/lawful presence." Another 960,492 application inconsistencies were related to verifying whether subsidy applicants provided accurate income information.

HHS Report: 1,295,571 Obamacare Enrollees May or May Not Be Legal Citizens

from neutral source (HHS Inspector General);

WHAT WE FOUND

During the period of our review, marketplaces were unable to resolve most inconsistencies, which they reported most commonly as citizenship and income.

Each applicant can have multiple inconsistencies. Inconsistencies do not necessarily indicate that an applicant provided inaccurate information or is enrolled in a qualified health plan or is receiving financial assistance through insurance affordability programs inappropriately.

Specifically, the Federal marketplace was unable to resolve 2.6 million of 2.9 million inconsistencies because the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) eligibility system was not fully operational.

The abilities of State marketplaces to resolve inconsistencies varied. Four State marketplaces reported that they were unable to resolve inconsistencies, seven reported that they resolved inconsistencies without delay, one reported that it resolved only some inconsistencies, and three reported that their State Medicaid offices resolved inconsistencies.

We also found that data on inconsistencies are limited. For example, the Federal marketplace could not determine the number of applicants who had at least one inconsistency.

Finally, marketplaces faced challenges resolving inconsistencies despite having policies and procedures in place.

MARKETPLACES FACED EARLY CHALLENGES RESOLVING INCONSISTENCIES WITH APPLICANT DATA

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I couldn't be more shocked had I awoken with my head sewn to the carpet. I am beginning to wonder if anyone in this administration can count. It's either that or suggest they are lying, and we all know they would never lie.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Is anybody actually surprised? Because I'm not.

If the government wanted to ensure that Americans would never go for single payer, this is a good way to show it. Another is this VA thing.

It's just a showcase that the U.S. government is too incompetent to actually run such a system.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
Is anybody actually surprised? Because I'm not.

If the government wanted to ensure that Americans would never go for single payer, this is a good way to show it. Another is this VA thing.

It's just a showcase that the U.S. government is too incompetent to actually run such a system.

Honestly, this crap that we call the ACA is just a massive welfare program for the insurance companies. We would have been better off if we instituted a single-payer program and put the insurance companies out of the health care market.

Of course, that will not happen. The federal government does not work for the people. It works for the lobbyist with the best payouts.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I was just getting a grasp of this on FoxNews ObamaCare coverage for millions in jeopardy as watchdog finds widespread data flaws

According to the report, the administration was unable to resolve 2.6 million so-called "inconsistencies" out of a total of 2.9 million such problems from October through December 2013.

OPINION: The Obama-PIT is filling up with:

ACA, IRS, DHS/Border-Patrol, EPA, USDA/Forest-Service/BLM, Attorney-General, (includes Reid-n-Pelosi-Types), and ... ???.

( I'm awaiting an opinion on the FBI's-Comey; IRS-Related, and the NSA )

ALSO

I declare a NEW-Party: "NOT-Democrat".

( i.e. anything BUT "Democrat" )

edit on 2-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Okay, I get it to say some cronies of someone got paid a lot more than decency and common sense would ever pay for a website, to get a broken one. I get that. Really...and I'll even say 'it happens' with brand new things, just off the ground. (I might wonder just WHY for the love of that same common sense, the WHOLE creation process wasn't started sooner..but the past is the past... corruption doesn't look better with age)

What I simply Do Not get is this part:

Specifically, the Federal marketplace was unable to resolve 2.6 million of 2.9 million inconsistencies because the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) eligibility system was not fully operational.
(Op Link)

Are we now expected to believe that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is a brand new thought to have been a start up, lacking institutional experience as well?? Perhaps this eligibility system was something new, but how new could it be for the purpose being described? They didn't have to brainstorm a whole new approach to computer science here.

Obama will be gone in two years and change. Obama isn't Superman. He isn't doing or screwing up THIS much. This has grown to be a systemic level of incompetence and 'who cares' examples of little corruptions to add to a big swamp across Government.

This stuff needs run down and investigated because the government's middle management, who is tending to these massive screw ups, will be there for many Presidents to come otherwise.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Obama will be gone in two years and change.

Obama Urges His Cabinet to Be 'Creative' in Bypassing Congressional Power

After being handed a series of defeats by the Supreme Court challenging his executive power, on Tuesday President Barack Obama gathered Cabinet secretaries to tell them to "be creative about how we can make real progress" on issues where Congress won't act.

THEN !!!

Obama Will 'Start to Lose Democrats' with Power Grab

George Washington law professor Jonathan Turley, who self-identifies as a liberal and has supported President Barack Obama on numerous issues, argued that that the president’s attempts to expand the power of the executive branch will “cause serious problems,” and will “start to lose Democrats.”

-
OPINION: Before ... February 1, 2015

( i.e. much shorter than "two years" ).

edit on 2-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

And another absolutely amazing thing about the "Enrollment" debacle is quite a few "Enrollments" were by phone and paper mail-ins and not even on the internet.

And all of these so-called "verifications" must be done by phone or mail since the computer systems are clogged up.

The IRS will have fun collecting all the subsidy "adjustments" next year.

There will be many "surprised" taxpayers. The fines and lawsuits will jam up the Federal courts.

Not to mention the nightmares we probably are not hearing about "coverage" not being verified by providers.

The "Freddy Kruger" nightmares are being kept in the dark I think.

This is definitely becoming a banana boondoggle.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

After being handed a series of defeats by the Supreme Court challenging his executive power, on Tuesday President Barack Obama gathered Cabinet secretaries to tell them to "be creative about how we can make real progress" on issues where Congress won't act.

Oh Yeah.

The best "Progress" they could make would be to do nothing.

Much better for the citizens.

I think people are really starting to "wonder" about Obama

He is *extremely* dangerous right now. More than ever.

A very teetering time for the country.

Obama

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
and isn't it amazing
employers are getting delays and exemptions out the arse
and the gov't can't get their crap together and even got an extension to get their site up and running
there system still isn't running efficiently enough for me to feel comfortable with it
I still can't be sure if t he insurance that I do purchase won't be exempted from any particular obectionable coverage
and there is no exemption for the people!! If they haven't managed to obtain their insurance by now they are faced with a tax!!!

luckily for us we always have to pay more come tax time so there is no money for them to take out of our return to pay for their danged tax!!
they can kiss that goodbye!

new topics

top topics

join