It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My last Facebook post ever!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WHYFIGHT

Someone goes against your view and 'logic' and you name troll...

If you cant understand facts, you are lost.

I cannot wait until you really read more terms and agreements for your smartphone and/or laptop login.

Facebook broke no law, they just pushed theirs. You just failed to understand how the net works.

Nothing is free..

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

Learn to read AND COMPREHEND terms and agreements of crud you click 'sure.'

And I'll bet you never thought you would have to read 13 pages just to use a free site paid for by ads.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Permanently deactivated at the beginning of 2012, and stopped watching tv a decade ago.

You don't need a label to do these things, just use your mind.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
You know what I use facebook for. Reading funny posts, sharing funny posts, and the occasional silly pic of one of my kids doing something silly. I don't post my vacation plans, life goals, and how big my poop was that morning. For what I use it for it's perfect, no information gathered and none offered unless they can use a pic of my kids eating an icecream cone messy against me? I won't lose sleep......

That photo of your kid. Does it have gps data on it. The facial recognition will match it to your kids profile. If there is no profile set up.......there is now. You dont need to post any info for facebook to snoop on you.

First photo i put up on facebook. It knew it was me. I had never put up any photos before and it was a new account. It already knew what I looked like and where I lived. All from other people. I never touch that site again. I would seriously keep your kids off it too.
edit on 2-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2014 by pennydrops because: Im not perfect ok?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Farcebook is doing exactly as it was designed to - monitoring .. controlling .. manipulating ..

The only one to blame is yourself for falling for the trap.

Saw from the start what it is /was and stayed far away from it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops

originally posted by: jaynkeel
You know what I use facebook for. Reading funny posts, sharing funny posts, and the occasional silly pic of one of my kids doing something silly. I don't post my vacation plans, life goals, and how big my poop was that morning. For what I use it for it's perfect, no information gathered and none offered unless they can use a pic of my kids eating an icecream cone messy against me? I won't lose sleep......

That photo of your kid. Does it have gps data on it. The facial recognition will match it to your kids profile. If there is no profile set up.......there is now. You dont need to post any info for facebook to snoop on you.

First photo i put up on facebook. It knew it was me. I had never put up any photos before and it was a new account. It already knew what I looked like and where I lived. All from other people. I never touch that site again. I would seriously keep your kids off it too.

Of all the other things in life I really don't worry about the gps data. They already know I have kids as they were all born in a hospital, they know where I live and my kids. If you are easily manipulated then I can see the recent scandal as being a problem 4 ya but noot here in my world.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty
First off I didn't name you a troll. the word troll was used as a verb. I told you to go troll another thread. I have not failed to understand anything and I am a little confused at your constant attack on my intelligence or comprehension of the world around me. I don't read terms and conditions...It's called plausible deniability.

I understand facts

What I don't understand is why you can't grasp the basic principal of the OP.
I will break it down for you in bullet points
facebook violated what I consider acceptable behavior (T&C aside)
I was offended personally and constructed a final post to tell them how i felt
I then came to ATS and posted that here for the community's review

That's it. You are perfectly free to express you views whether you agree with me or not. Just don't do it in such a manner to be insulting or condescending. This is my last response to you.

edit on 2-7-2014 by WHYFIGHT because: grammar

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Then I must of misunderstood.

The silly point I was trying to impart was that every online company makes us agree to their terms (when using their services).

Example: If you use a YouTube app on your phone, that app can take pictures, record video, listen in whenever it wants and it doesn't have to be in use. Just installed.

Just like with Facebook, everyday we agree to give up our privacy without realizing what we are doing.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Of course you are correct. Im just saying one person or ten thousand...is not enough to change things. And eyes are everywhere and arent going away anytime soon...now or later.

Everything is monitored. Legally and illegally. No search warrants. Thats how its always worked. We arent safe anywhere or on anything device-wise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join