It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Pie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So me and the family were at the store buying some groceries. We decided to get dessert. It was a Marie Calender's Chocolate Satin Pie. They are really good, although unhealthy as "hell."

So the Check out guy is all impressed and amazed and is talking loudly enough for the whole store to hear. "Wow. Satan Pie! It must really be sinful! OMG! Is it good? What will they think of next! Satan Pie! Goodness!"

We didn't have the heart to tell him that it was just chocolate and no one was going to hell. We didn't correct him. We just paid and left and all laughed hysterically in the truck...all the way home!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
He must be a part of the "Stein/Stain" debate.

I am only teasing. I went in the store not long ago with my sister in law and she picked up a desert to see what it was. She then said "Look! It says DECAYDENT..."

We've all done it at some point or another I guess.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

You beat me to the punch. My first thought exactly.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Just like the bit of roadside graffiti that was popular for a laugh around here: "Satin Rules!"

The Satin Worshippers are taking over!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

she picked up a desert

That must be one powerful woman. She picked up a desert? That's fricking Biblical!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

she picked up a desert

That must be one powerful woman. She picked up a desert? That's fricking Biblical!

Hey... Didn't I say we all did it at some point or another???

BTW - I hate you.

I'm going to leave it unedited for posterity...
edit on 7/1/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

she picked up a desert

Sorry...I had to. I'm not sorry. Love ya babe.

BTW - I hate you.

My attempt at properly editing this response has gone all wonky on me. I think I may have momentarily slipped back into the stein-stream.
edit on 1-7-2014 by skunkape23 because: stein

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

she picked up a desert

Sorry...I had to. I'm not sorry. Love ya babe.

BTW - I hate you.

My attempt at properly editing this response has gone all wonky on me. I think I may have momentarily slipped back into the stein-stream.

I see that. That's what you get for pointing out my error in an error pointing out thread. :p

Your post reminded me of this...

Anyway, I guess we both got karma for talking smack in the wrong universe.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

More and more the slippy seems to grow.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This thread made me laugh. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You state that we have all done it at some point, namely the total misreading of a word, or failing to pronounce it correctly.

Yes, I suppose so. The last time I made an error like the one in the OP example, I was five. Grown adults should not be capable of misreading the word satin. I do not care if one of their eyes is hidden beneath an eyepatch, that's still bloody appalling.

Heh, I did double take at a company van a few weeks ago. A company of fitters was working outside a new chain store in town, and I thought for about 0.01 of a second, that their van said "professional shoplifters"! Of course, it said shopfitters, all one word. To be fair to me in that regard, shop fitters is two words, not one, hence the initial misread.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

No most people shouldn't misread it and I was referring to us all having a face palm moment more so than all of us screaming out incorrect words.

Maybe the guy had some form of dyslexia or learning disability? I don't know. But I have done some pretty stupid stuff at times when I should have known better. Sometimes it's stupid stuff like this where I sit and wonder how in the world I did that.

The face palm moments strike us all. It may be under different scenarios, but it happens to the best of us.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I meant to spell 'slippery.' It does happen to the best of us. I am a clown with a wise ass sense of humor. I never try to intentionally offend. It's the written word versus the audibly spoken phrase (with subtle inflections) barrier we occasionally hit on forums such as this.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I meant to spell 'slippery.' It does happen to the best of us. I am a clown with a wise ass sense of humor. I never try to intentionally offend. It's the written word versus the audibly spoken phrase (with subtle inflections) barrier we occasionally hit on forums such as this.

It takes an awful lot to offend me and we share the same wise ass sense of humor I think.

Knowing we all do it should make it easier to laugh about when we do it. I laugh at myself way more often than I do at anyone else. Heck... I could trip over a chalk line. The best thing to do is just laugh about most of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hahahahah he probably went to check it out and go buy some later on and would have realised it didn't say satan at all, that would have been an awkward moment for him haha.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

It's funny, but you really should have straightened the poor guy out. It might have been embarrassing for him but now he might eventually lose his job by going around trying to sell Marie Calender's delicious "Chocolate Satan Pie".

Every now and then you gotta help a brother out ya know?!?!?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I think a new thread needs to be started in "Food and Recipes." Satan Pie should be a thing that exists. My first thoughts are a chocolate and ghost pepper filling.
edit on 1-7-2014 by skunkape23 because: added

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Marie Calenders is as American as Mom and Satan Pie

Went to a restaurant once. Waiter asks me if I want soup or salad with my meal.

I hear supersalad. Needless to say I made a right jackass of myself. It happens to the best of us.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
I once was visiting someone in ICU, and needed a cup of coffee.
Imagine my chagrine when I discovered some family by the last name of "Surgery"- pronounced in my mind as Sur-gare-ee, put placards up allover the place proclaiming entire rooms and coffee pots as theirs and for their use only.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That is so brilliant!!!!

I'm going to demand a SuperSalad now every time I eat out!! I'll probably get my food spit on a lot, but it's worth it.

I'll let you know if I actually find a place that serves a SuperSalad too. Then the jokes on me!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join