It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Cops take down Cow ! I assume they didn't request a rope ! Idiots with guns !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Where the HECK did this happen ???

This happened in Canada back in 2011.

Gatineau police defend decision to shoot cattle

Police in Gatineau, Que., say two cows they shot and killed Thursday were aggressive and a threat to residents.

Police fired their guns at least 10 times to shoot and kill one of the animals running loose in the community of Masson-Angers.

Police said the animals were found wandering on Montreal Road West near George Street at about 12:22 p.m. The animals were bound for an abattoir when they escaped Thursday afternoon from a trailer.

Police said the animals at times charged police cars. Children at a nearby primary school, St-Jean de Brebeuf, were asked to stay indoors while police attempted to corral the animals.

Police said it was impossible to contain the animals and, with the permission of the owner of the cattle, they shot and killed one of them the intersection of Chemin de la Rive and Chemin du Quai, about 30 kilometres east of downtown Gatineau. Another was shot and killed near the George Street exit of Highway 50 eastbound.

I am glad it was not Texas... And as far as the official police statement.... Any police statement anymore should be looked at as suspect for to many times what is said officially has to be retracted when an unknown video surfaces..

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687

Of course Canada.....now it makes sense.

edit on 30-6-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Rampaging cow, meet police rampage.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

this was a job for mounted police officers.

get behind big bertha and run her home like you would a cattle herd.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This occurred following a required requalification shoot for several officers. At some point during the exam, a few of the officers were so enthralled at their ability to hit the broad side of a barn, that they decided to test their skills even further, and attempt to hit something as small as large barnyard animals...

The video in the OP was the culmination of what transpired after that debacle.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So somehow they got wind of were they were headed, of course they'd get bent out of shape! These could have been the first truly enlightened cows on the planet,fully aware of themselves and their direction / purpose in life. How they achieved this evolutionary state of bovine awareness will now never be known. If I weighed in something to the order of a couple of tons and found out I was headed for a slaughter house, some of those cop cars would be upside down!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It depends on the fencing laws in the area. If it is fence out state the police were wrong if it was a fence in state the police were right and the steer owner is at fault.

That young steer did not look to be halter broken, it was a busy road and cattle are big massive animals so it was a dangerous situation.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I am glad it was not Texas... And as far as the official police statement.... Any police statement anymore should be looked at as suspect for to many times what is said officially has to be retracted when an unknown video surfaces..

My wife is a Mental-Health Crisis-Worker for Texas.

She has reported to me that a lot of doctors and law enforcement are very respectful to her because they don't want OR don't know how to deal with "Mental-Illness".

AND

I can say that she has met quite a few Sheriffs, Deputy Sheriffs, Police, Doctors, Nurses AND Judges across 7 West Texas Counties.

-
OPINION:

Many times OUR Texas Law-Officials ... NEED DEFENDING.

edit on 30-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
So somehow they got wind of were they were headed, of course they'd get bent out of shape! These could have been the first truly enlightened cows on the planet,fully aware of themselves and their direction / purpose in life. How they achieved this evolutionary state of bovine awareness will now never be known. If I weighed in something to the order of a couple of tons and found out I was headed for a slaughter house, some of those cop cars would be upside down!

Spend any amount of time near the back entrance to a slaughter house, and you will quickly realize that they ALL know what is coming...You can see it in their eyes, and in their actions....

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Why turn on your sirens,

Did you watch the video?

The cow was on the run and they had to give chase.

To bad the footage was so short, the choppers would have been there soon with a SWAT team in full riot gear to end this siege.

Its so great to have police use sirens on their squad cars in such necessary times

I mean with the fine examples of officers that slit dogs throats and shoot animals in their own yards this is just another extraordinary example of law enforcements finest in action.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: wissy
Exactly, I agree that they should have called the farmer or anyone else who is not afraid of cows, if you are a cop and scared of a damn cow you need to find a different job.
There is no reason for what happened. I grew up on a farm and when the cows got out we just round them up and put them back, even as kids we knew how to do that.
These cops most likely grew up in that area and probably should know how to deal with this kind of thing, but I see a bunch of morons that are scared of a cow, and from the looks of it they are lucky that they didn't shoot each other, which would have been better than shooting the animal.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

I don't understand. Why shoot the cow?

It started to run. Cops are programmed to shoot all suspects who flee.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
It depends on the fencing laws in the area. If it is fence out state the police were wrong if it was a fence in state the police were right and the steer owner is at fault.

I've been wondering about how the law would handle such a situation, especially when the livestock is carried under an Animal & Livestock Mortality Insurance Policy. There is another thread on ATS about civilian owned dogs being shot by police, with no warrant or permission to enter property:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In that thread, I pondered the exact above situation occurring with livestock getting shot by Law Enforcement, in contrast to dogs. Seems I was correct and such a thing has occurred, which may have precedence in the USA courts (yes, I know this particular video is of Canada Police).

Here is the gist of my idea to protect dogs from getting possibly shot, post legal action:

The purpose in taking out a Animal & Livestock Mortality policy on a dog, is not to get a large payout from the insurance company after the dogs death, by cop. The purpose is to make the insurance company get involved on the legal side, once a dog is killed in a negligent manner. The legal effect against Law Enforcement would be even greater, if more dogs shot by police happened to be covered by Animal & Livestock Mortality Policies. The insurance companies would likely draw up real data, about police shooting dogs, to strengthen their cases.

Since the insurance company would have to pay out the claim, for a dogs death by cop, do they want to pay it or would they rather the negligent police department pay it instead? If there was an insured horse and a cop shot it for feeling threatened you better believe the insurance companies would spend the money in court fees, to get the department to pay up. Once the case is settled, I also guarantee the department, on the losing end, would make a long standing public policy against shooting insured horses (some horses can be insured for MILLIONS of dollars BTW). You never know what kind of precedents are out there on the legal books, for animals covered under Animal & Livestock Mortality Insurance. Which, at this point, the insurance companies have certainly fought and paid for through legal expenses, over the course of many decades. Law Enforcement certainly doesn't know ANY of these laws and could end up unpleasantly surprised in a court room after a wrongful dog shooting covered under a Animal & Livestock Mortality policy.

As I stated, if the number of dog owners carrying Animal & Livestock Mortality increases, the chances of a dog being shot by police, that is carrying such insurance also increases. Since we know the individual police officers will not be prosecuted and that the laws will not change, the only solution is to make insurance companies take up the fight for us, based SOLELY on the fact that the insurance company doesn't want to be paying out money every time a scared cop shots a non-threatening dog, under questionable circumstances. Just like my horse example above, if cops shoot enough insured dogs in a negligent manner, the insurance companies are going to be make it a big headache for any department that does so willy-nilly.

To my knowledge, there have been no dogs shot that were carrying Animal & Livestock Mortality Insurance. However, there have been more than a few breeding show dogs shot by law enforcement and in those cases the Police departments settled for much more then the typical $300 plus medical expenses. Imagine if those dogs had been insured as well, with a specific dollar value, the pay out amount, in damages would likely have been much higher. Also remember, the insurance covering the individual officer and the departments insurers will also be involved in the legal discussion about payout. Three insurance companies talking about a claim, involving a negligent cop whom shot a dog due to irrational fear, can't be good for institutional public policies that encourage officers to shoot civilian owned dogs on a whim.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the insurance angle? Is it possible to have a custom policy written up, that only covers accidental death by Law Enforcement personnel? How would an underwriter respond to such a request? My guess is that such an event would be considered very rare, with low risk to the insurer. So, would that mean a person could get low premium coverage, on a dog, with an established insured value, based on Animal & Livestock Mortality Insurance standards? The AKC already works with Hartford providing Dog Club insurance, I'd imagine they would be interested in expanding their markets that increase their overall revenue.
edit on 30-6-2014 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Does anyone have any thoughts on the insurance angle?

Not at the moment but this is something that would make a great thread as many on ATS are dog lovers and owners

Is it possible to have a custom policy written up, that only covers accidental death by Law Enforcement personnel?

Possible yes, how probable of it actually occurring and insurance companies getting their feet in the deal depends on the money that can be made for the insurance companies.

How would an underwriter respond to such a request? My guess is that such an event would be considered very rare, with low risk to the insurer. So, would that mean a person could get low premium coverage, on a dog, with an established insured value, based on Animal & Livestock Mortality Insurance standards? The AKC already works with Hartford providing Dog Club insurance, I'd imagine they would be interested in expanding their markets that increase their overall revenue.

Seriously you have your OP here in this post and a like I said this would be a thread that if the right members were to come across it, it would grow like a wild fire because this is a topic that concerns many readers and members alike.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

great reply. i thank that insurance angle would be the smartest route to go. if all of these people had their animals insured and the cops started executing them, they would have to pay out, big time. and that would give incentive to not shoot first and ask questions later. i won't say it'll give them a higher regard for life, because it won't.

the OP video just made me disgusted. truly infuriating. seriously, as someone else mentioned, all you need is a fu*king rope you dumb f*cks! just popping off rounds willy nilly. not evenly a remotely human executing being attempted on the side of the friggin road.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Not really sure what the context is in this one. Something had to proceed this shooting "event." Whatever it was though, could not have justified the abject violence in this video.

When dealing with animals, I have always found that a soft hand, steady nerve and gentle confidence go a lot further than force, anger and violence.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Now, cows can be very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing with them, but are people who know how to handle cattle that few and far in between in Canada?!

I take issue with the idea that this must be Texas ... really, Texas is the home of the cowboy.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Awww, poor cow!
I knew a girl that worked in animal control and they had to take down a cow, forget the reasoning.
And she was able to do it with one shot from one of the officers AR's that they carry.
That video was just wrong, barrage of bullets when one could of done the trick

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
Seriously you have your OP here in this post and a like I said this would be a thread that if the right members were to come across it, it would grow like a wild fire because this is a topic that concerns many readers and members alike.

Started a new thread to discuss the Animal & Livestock Mortality Insurance strategy here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join