It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Overlords of the UFO" Full Length documentary from 1976 BANNED and SUPRESSED

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Nola213
And Geller... boy, everything about him screams 'huckster." However, again, reasonable folks have said some weird stuff happened around him... in fact, when I was a kid, on one talk show he was asked to stop clocks in viewers homes... and by gosh, a wall clock stopped dead right then in my house... I kid you not.

So... dunno... like many things tied to the paranormal, it isn't so cut and dry... imho, of course.

And "Overlords..." was not suppressed... just lost in the noise.

That isn't too surprising. Consider the number of homes in the USA, how many have clocks, the probability that a clock will stop and then multiply the two together.

Number of homes = 91 million (1990)
Average number of clocks in a home = 6
Probability that a battery will run out at any second (batteries usually last two years = 1/(365*2*24*60*60)
365 days, 2 years, 24 hours, 60 minutes, 60 seconds

Probability that a mechanical clock will stop (needs servicing every two years)

91,000,000 x 6 x 1/(365*2*24*60*60)

So on average, at any second, 8 clocks would stop. Then for every second that Geller's slot was running, that would be another 8 clocks that stopped. With the whole country watching he could easily have had lucky coincidences.

edit on 28-6-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What makes you think this was ever banned or suppressed ?

Probably the same things that make him think all those rocks on Mars are more than rocks.
I put that down to poor eyesight.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Yeah, well, not any proof of anything and my little story wasn't supposed to be proof... and nice math work and clocks stop, etc. but this stuff is interesting to many people primarily because there is something to it... what that "something" is, I have no clue.

I could write a book on the liminal nature of these things... but it would even bore me.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657 One day they might not be rocks, if we don't keep looking we might miss it. Remember, penicillin started out as moldy bread.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I started in 70s. I would say it's more EGO than anything. And though I find the possibility fascinating ,I haven't seen a THING ,ever.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Since the rail-siding switch has been thrown, with the comments about Geller, I urge that those that consider him to be ALL fake and showman to read the book Mind-Reach: Scientists Look at Psychic Ability by Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff the two scientists that proved for the CIA that Remote Viewing was a real if not understood phenomena. They tested Geller and the operative word would be they were dumbfounded despite being level-headed scientists willing to delve into the unknown mysteries.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I don't think all 91 million homes had his show on the television when it aired. And i don't think every clock needs servicing every 2 years either. The one in my room runs on a single double A battery and when the battery dies it slows down for a long time before it stops. I've never seen it stop. I'll notice that the time doesn't seem right then check it with another time piece like my phone or cable box and confirm that the battery must be dying. Anyway i don't know of anyone who takes their clock to the clock repairman every two years. Every modern clock that i have known of extensively works for years on end, other than battery replacement.

Of course the experience posted about the posters clock stopping could just as easily be a coincidence. I just don't buy your theory that 8 clocks stop every second of the day.

And it would be useful to know how many tvs were set to view his program and how many reported clock stoppage. I know if it happened to me while watching, it would peak my interest.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What makes you think this was ever banned or suppressed ?

Probably the same things that make him think all those rocks on Mars are more than rocks.

Fossils are rocks. Minerals replace the organic matter. That's how fossils are made. So some rocks are fossils. With weathering and everything you would expects many fossils to look like rocks. I would guess the more interesting and we'll preserved rocks will be underground. The stuff on the surface would be very hard to recognize, so for now all we can do is observe anomalies and speculate.

. I personally don't look at an anomaly and say "yes that's 100% a skull" but I still find it very interesting to see something on another planet that looks like something I recognize and I certainly appreciate it when people take the effort to show us these things and I believe there is no harm in it and that there is no need for ridicule.

Thank you Arken, I will check out this video and I always look forward to seeing your next find! Everything humans do or create must first exist in our imagination.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
What makes you think it was "banned and supressed" - you can watch it on youtube or buy it from amazon.com..

I suppose stating it is "banned and supressed" is supposed to give it more credibility!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Bumping this for later, will definitely watch the full video once I got some more time. I also think that a lot of cases from before the CGI era are interesting in terms of the investigations done back in the day, especially those with many independent witness accounts.

Thanks for sharing ... S&F!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Haha got to love them old charlatans...

"Look at the key its bending more and more by itself!" as he rubs the key and slowly, slowly tilts the entire key with the other finger making it appear like its bending more when its the same exact angle the entire time.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Good find. I like the vid, but the synthesizer music is REALLY cheesy.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yes, banned and suppressed... and available on Amazon for $49.99.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

This is a great doc. Not that "hidden" or "suppressed" anymore tho -
But when I used the Haunebu test flight clip (where you see the helicopter at first) in a band video a year or so ago, no-one who saw it had any idea where I found it...

and yes, i meant "BAND" video, as in music, not "banned" lol

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Arken as always
love your threads

Uri that's my boy
for whom I took my handle

I was hanging out with a friend of mine out in frisco not to long ago
he had a friend come over, young scientist dood, who dabbled in magic for fun
and we had him bending spoons and forks all night just for #s & giggles

fun stuff

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

You know...

That was one of my all time favorites to catch on TV back in the day before the interwebs and when Dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

This and Chariots of the Gods, In Search of were the Granddaddy's of much of todays Ancient Alien craze me thinks.

Same Here ,,,

In Search Of ... Lenard Nimoy Narration.. was tops
I loved So Much when i was a Kid ..

Another that I liked Was Reruns to VHS of a TV Series that was based on Actual Events. Sort of like a Ripleys Believe it or not clashed with Outerlimits/Twilight Zone Combination It was Called One Step Beyond

Here is Some More Documentary which are my Favorites

Mysteries of the Gods ( Chariots of the Gods like Documentary ) Narrated and Hosted by William Shatner

MYSTERIES OF THE GODS (1977) - William Shatner

Another Favorite is UFOS It Has Begun Narrated by Twilight Zone host Rod Serling
This in one of the Few Convincing as this Documentary Shows Legit People like The Director of Traffic Control over Washington DC During The Washington DC UFO's over the Capital and White House in 1952. is something to watch.
and Dr Hynak leaking out the Truth.. about the Montana 1950 and Utah 1952 incidents Caught on Film.

UFOS IT HAS BEGUN

Another is Who is Out there Narrated and Hosted by Orson Wells
that is quite interesting , has some famed great minds speaking of what is out there..
and finding out the Orson wells was good friends with HG Wells ...

NASA Orson Welles Who's Out There

Another Orson wells Narration & Hosted Documentary

is ( Man Who Saw Tomorrow ) about a Man that Forseen the Future
Nostradamus..

What I like about Documentary's Made from the 60s and 70s about Supernatural and Mystery of the Unexplained and of course UFOs and Aliens They were not Censored MUCH!! Why The Time they were made, not to many had Access to Copy's of these Films, at the time VHS did not exploded to the Scene until the early 80s and only very few were able to Have them back in the mid 70s Expensive so were the Tape's and for 30 years from the 50s to the 70s it was Indeed The Big Craze Aliens and UFOS

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So what Does IMDB say about this Documentary

Your rating:
-/10

This documentary puts forth the theory that UFOs are actually beings from another dimension, and reviews past incidents of UFO sightings in support of that theory.

W. Gordon Allen is a writer and producer, known for Overlords of the U.F.O. (1976).

Trevor James Constable is known for his work on UFO: The Greatest Story Ever Denied (2006) and UFO: The Greatest Story Ever Denied II - Moon Rising (2009).

OK Stanton Friedman The Only Official Ufologist ?

Stanton Friedman was born on July 29, 1934 in Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA. He is known for his work on UFO's Are Real (1979), UFOs: Then and Now? (2000) and The Day Before Disclosure (2010).

( seriously URI GELLER ? ) For WHY ? was is he involved this...

Uri Geller was born on December 20, 1946 in Tel Aviv, Palestine as Geller Uri. He is a producer and actor

I've seen lights in the sky, I've seen UFOs, I've even seen something on the ground that I can't explain, but I've never actually seen a being. I wish I had.

Ohh Thats Why... a Famed Celebrity that has Seen a UFO.. a Magician no Less..

Production Companies Scientific News Tower Investments International Ltd.
Distributors VCI Home Video (1989) (USA) (VHS) MediaOutlet.com (USA) (DVD)

Not So Much of being Banned or Suppressed depends what Country I guess. like Iran Iraq Saudi Arabia. Etc.. Muslim world and North Korea & most China .. Ironically The Main Communist country Mother Russia Apparently was more into UFOs & Paranormal Activity then the US. The Soviet Union Allowed The Pubic to find anything they can about UFO & Aliens and report it to the Kremlin or the Soviet Defense Ministry. ( for a while and had it Stopped ) to much overflow..

So more less, instead of it being the So called BANNED let say.. just out of Print Copies ! it has been only been on VHS and I ASSUME it hasn't been Transferred over to DVD or Blu Ray yet someone out there posted it on the Net Digitally Transferred FLV. AVI. MP4. Webm. OBVIOUSLY A Documentary Educational Purposes that is ..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

It's just one more of hundreds of docs that immediately state, "NOT OF THIS WORLD!!"
LOL - with what proof?
Is it really easier to believe that these crafts (that you can see, anyway) are "not of this world" - as opposed to, "technollogy YOU are not privy to?"

guess so lol..ignorance IS bliss...trade your God or Gods for "aliens", whatever makes you feel better.

"NO technology ANY of our governments have"
-yea, cuz they're always REALLY honest about all those missing tax dollars lol...
"don't stop, believin"...whatever lmao

when i was 3, and saw a bird in the sky, i didn't automatically assume it was NOT OF THIS WORLD.
don't be dumber than a 3 year old. deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

Bumping this for later, will definitely watch the full video once I got some more time. I also think that a lot of cases from before the CGI era are interesting in terms of the investigations done back in the day, especially those with many independent witness accounts.

Thanks for sharing ... S&F!

Is my personal opinion that inside these "vintage" documentaries of the 60s & 70s we can find, rummaging in the garbage , some authentic Pearls...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: KAOStheory
a reply to: Wolfenz

It's just one more of hundreds of docs that immediately state, "NOT OF THIS WORLD!!"
LOL - with what proof?
Is it really easier to believe that these crafts (that you can see, anyway) are "not of this world" - as opposed to, "technollogy YOU are not privy to?"

guess so lol..ignorance IS bliss...trade your God or Gods for "aliens", whatever makes you feel better.

"NO technology ANY of our governments have"
-yea, cuz they're always REALLY honest about all those missing tax dollars lol...
"don't stop, believin"...whatever lmao

when i was 3, and saw a bird in the sky, i didn't automatically assume it was NOT OF THIS WORLD.
don't be dumber than a 3 year old. deny ignorance.

What proof ? it what can be explained

Go Read the Christian Bible that Book has a whole lotta not from this earth ! its Full of it, from the Ignorance of lack of Knowledge. Man-- MAN! ( Not God ) Trying to Explain of what they have Seen ( of Technology ) Of A Higher Sentient Being then them selves.. Your God My CIV 3 Alien LOL

Some say God I Say a Civilization 3 to 4 Sentient Being

I would Rather believe of what IVE have seen or Family Has Seen in Various Realms of Supernatural, Paranormal, and UFO and Higher Beings Then Blind Faith of Religious Scripture

So go back,, take your time Watch the Documentary UFO IT HAS BEGUN
and Listen to the Legit Speakers of what they have to say

What about some Priest Pastors Rabbis of what they think

Man ( Modern Man of what we are today ) has been on this Planet for over 250,000 years

97% of History is Lost ! think about that one for a BIT

Well Someone Made the Game Change

Modern Man and Gorilla

Neanderthal & Modern Man

LOL ! Could be ELOHIM , ELYON

Im on the Fence as most People are ,, but when I see plant Life ( Flora ) we eat and its Produce for Us to Consume as most of it fits in the Palm of a Human Hand or Fingers .. or or Flora Herbs to Cure or to Heal or Relief with the Right Mix of Formula or even to Kill. Poison . Another is particular plants when they Ripe to Seed attached like parachutes to bladed wings..

How in the Hell does ( Flora ) Non Sentient know how to do this ?

Blowing In The Wind

Seeds & Fruits Dispersed By Wind
waynesword.palomar.edu...

One of the important functions of seeds and fruits is dispersal; a mechanism to establish the embryo-bearing seeds in a suitable place away from their parental plants. There are 3 main mechanisms for seed and fruit dispersal: (1) Hitchhiking on animals, (2) Drifting in ocean or fresh water, and (3) Floating in the wind. This article concerns one of the most remarkable of all seed dispersal methods, riding the wind and air currents of the world.

Evolution can take Parts for Survival but Something has to Give it a Boost in Certain Degree of Levels

So a Alien Civ Type 3 intervention , Boosting , Nature Dimension from the Other Side,, Or Just Plain Humans Doing it All , We been on this planet for only a incy Fraction of time as i posted our Knowledge is Lost What Has Modern Man been doing in 240+ thousand years before recorded History , Even the recorded history has no knowledge of written language how it got it self here Cuneiform or Hieroglyphs or the tale of Petroglyphs

When you were 3 you saw a Fauna that was Flapping its Wings

What Species What Color How Big How Small How Long Was it Day ? or Moon light Night ?

Day more Likely a Bird

Night More Likely a BAT! A Flying Mammal Resembles a Rat/Mouse

Yeah my Daughter was 3 year old now 14 did the same thing ..

She knew what a Bat was too it flew around in our House usually she Questions everything

edit on 30-6-2014 by Wolfenz because: missed a word

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join