It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortal Technique ft Mos Def song called Bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is a little song i stumbled across I thought some of you would like. I apologize for the language. If this song offends anyone I apologize and feel free to delete this post. I'm not going to post the lyrics just in case the language offends anyone, instead I will post the link to the lyrics, so look if you want to.

lyrics

[edit on 1-12-2004 by USAFSF]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You should really state that this song is Immortal Technique featuring Mos Def. Immortal Technique is more politically conscious than Mos Def will ever be. If you like this song, get Immortal Technique's first two albums 'Revolutionary Volume 1' and 'Revolutionary Volume 2'. On the CD cover is a vivid drawing of him assassinating certain political figures including our president, Rumsfield, Powell...etc.

And no, I didnt get paid for this post.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thank you for informing me, I have never heard of immortal technique before, I will check out his first 2 albums though. I mainly listen to mos def and talib kweli, those are my two favorites. Thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I just read the lyrics and heard the song. It's tight.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
this was discussed before BUT i will add on:

this is a great song!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I like it when rappers actually have intelligent lyrics whether you agree with them or not or whether you can accept street talk or not, it's beneficial to all when things are openly discussed and those who may not access the internet or follow the news like most of us here do, get to hear more of what is happening in the world instead of "shake your booty", "drop dat ass", "spread this" "bling bling" etc, etc.

Mos Def imo is extremely intelligent, he may seem rough around the edges to many due to his speech and slang but the dude is smart.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here is a little sample of a song called 'The 4th branch'. I really encourage everyone to at least download Immortal Techniques album if you are even remotely interested in excellent hip-hop and political coverups. I saw Immortal Technique at an undergroud venue a few months ago. It was simply amazing. He's more articulate than revolutionary artist such as 'Dead Prez'.

Artist: Immortal Technique
Album: Revolutionary Volume 2
Song: The 4th Branch

'Broken apart like a woman's heart, abused in a marriage
The brink of holy war, bottled up, like a miscarriage
Embedded correspondents don't tell the source of the tension
And they refuse to even mention, European intervention
Or the massacres in Jenin, the innocent screams
U.S. manufactured missles, and M-16's
Weapon contracts and corrupted American dreams
Media censorship, blocking out the video screens
A continent of oil kingdoms, bought for a bargain
Democracy is just a word, when the people are starvin'
The average citizen, made to be, blind to the reason
A desert full of genocide, where the bodies are freezin'
And the world doesn't believe that you fightin' for freedom
Cause you f.. the Middle East, and gave birth to a demon'

[edit on 12/1/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I agree with you, I think Mos Def is one of the best lyricists out there. You should check out his song called Beef, its a good song. The cd blackstar with mos and talib has to be one of the best cds ever. Thanks for reading the lyircs everyone, I knew there had to be someone other than me that liked them. Its hard to find people who think outside of the box here. They have a tendency to believe everything the government tells them, then again I am on a military installation. I was always taught to question it, before I accepted it as being true

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFSF
Its hard to find people who think outside of the box here.

Are you sure about that? I can honestly say that 99.9% percent of the ATS community thinks outside the box. That's why we keep coming to these boards nearly every day.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
of course I own Blackstar, my husband went to school with Talib and let's just say way back in the days before they were famous, we all ran with the same crowd in brooklyn.

btw, have you guys heard of Stamina??? check him out.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Are you sure about that? I can honestly say that 99.9% percent of the ATS community thinks outside the box. That's why we keep coming to these boards nearly every day.

I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant its hard to find people who think outside the box where I am at right now. I didn't mean here as this website.
Sorry about that I should have been more clear.
btw I downloaded that song. Its tight. Are all his songs this good?

[edit on 1-12-2004 by USAFSF]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This guy can rap about whatever he wants to but I cant say I like this part

"so i'm strapped like Lee Malvo (4)
holdin' a sniper rifle,
these bullets'll touch your kids
i don't mean like Michael"

Like Lee Malvo a guy that gunned down innocent people while they worked and where pumping gas. That guy was great

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
met him a couple times when he's been touring out here, very serious guy & very well researched
can't fault his politics at all
heard the track a while ago, had it on repeat ever since
peace

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
freedom of speech and expression......doesnt really matter how it comes so long as it doesnt promote violence,i believe mos def will hit an audience that many other mainstream people wouldnt normally get an "in-road" to.

Its no diiferent than paul McCartney singing about "ebony n ivory"..its just facts represented in music,thats what music has always been (well virtually)

Regards.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
i believe mos def will hit an audience that many other mainstream people wouldnt normally get an "in-road" to.

I understand Mos Def. He is a talented actor as well as artist. However, Immortal Technique is the real star here. If anyone, he will hit an audience that many mainstream artist will not.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I understand Mos Def. He is a talented actor as well as artist. However, Immortal Technique is the real star here. If anyone, he will hit an audience that many mainstream artist will not.

ok,sorry...fair point,i hacent heard "Immortal Technique" but from what youve all said i think i would like it!

thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by USAFSF
Its hard to find people who think outside of the box here.

Although you are right about that in general, I do believe it is hard to find people who think outside the box here at ATS in terms of political ideology, especially if you have a look at the politics-based forums.

Anyway, Immortal Technique is great! I can't wait for his next album.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hey have any of u guys heard the song point of no return by immortal technique? he talks about a lot of conpiracies in that song.. i found it interesting here's a link to the lyrics
www.ugrls.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i see no reason as to why these brutha's shouldn't be thrown in guantanamo bay....what a bunch of ungrateful people...they wouldn't be able to express themselves like this in some arab country if they had a negative view....they wouldn't be able to sing swing low sweet chariot in one of these fascist countries, much less this song

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yeticha
i see no reason as to why these brutha's shouldn't be thrown in guantanamo bay....what a bunch of ungrateful people...they wouldn't be able to express themselves like this in some arab country if they had a negative view....they wouldn't be able to sing swing low sweet chariot in one of these fascist countries, much less this song

I think you are passing a statement without actually listening to any of their songs. Immortal Technique repeatedly says that he loves his country, but hates the people running it. I share the same view

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join