It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 974 generations before the Creation of Adam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
According to Scripture, Adam and Eve had three children, Cain, Able and Seth, who married and had children. Whom did they marry? Many Christian scholars have discussed this, the answer is in the Torah, though.

The Torah speaks of 974 generations existing before the Creation of Adam by God, these are the peoples that the children of Adam and Eve married.

It is taught: R. Simeon the Pious said: These are the nine hundred and seventy four generations who pressed themselves forward to be created before the world was created, but were not created: the Holy One, blessed be He, arose and planted them in every generation, and it is they who are the insolent of each generation.

Chagigah 13b-14a

R. Joshua b. Levi also said: "When Moses ascended on high, the ministering angels spoke before the Holy One, blessed be He: 'Sovereign of the Universe! What business has one born of woman amongst us?' 'He has come to receive the Torah,' answered He to them. Said they to Him, 'That secret treasure, which has been hidden by Thee for nine hundred and seventy-four generations before the world was created.'

Shabbat 88b

He has remembered His covenant forever, the word He commanded to a thousand generations, the covenant which He made with Abraham, and his oath to Isaac. And confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant.

Tehillim 105:8-10

He created the Torah 974 generations before the world was created, then twenty-six generations [passed] from the creation of the world until Moshe, the leader of the prophets, through whom the Torah was given.

Mainz Anonymous

Some reflecton on the above from later scholars:

A thousand generations were included in the Divine Plan ("Alu BiMach'shava") to be created, and how many of them were eliminated? Nine hundred and seventy-four. What is the proof? It is written, The word which He commanded to a thousand generations

Ps. cv, 8

Some scholars basically says that the 974 generation before the Creation of Adam did not exist on the same plane of existence as Adam did. Thusly, with the Creation of Adam a new plane of existance was also Created by God.

-MM

edit on 27-6-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
If I'm not very much mistaken, this should be in the Religion and other Malarkey forum.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Some scholars basically says that the 974 generation before the Creation of Adam did not exist on the same plane of existence as Adam did.

Or they existed on the same plane just not planet. Wouldn't the explain the whole secret and conspiracy??

If the world were to learn that a certain "race" wasn't indigenous to earth and say this race has essentially colonized 5 countries on earth. The remaining indigenous people having learned this would seek concessions or perhaps war. It would explain the aggressive nature of the "white race" warring with the 974 generations of people before Adam in present day. It is an attempt at assimilation and why it is so important to rewrite our past.

ARGH! Christians are from Mars!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
If I'm not very much mistaken, this should be in the Religion and other Malarkey forum.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

It was hard for me to find the right place to post this. I ended up posting it here as I did not think that it would fit in the "Conspiracies in Religion" forum as it's not really a conspiracy as such. Also, there have been many discussions in the "Ancient & Lost Civilizations" forum about the Earth being older than 6,000 years, which is what this post is about.

Still, feel free to move it to another forum at your discretion, ATS admins.

-MM

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

It was hard for me to find the right place to post this. I ended up posting it here as I did not think that it would fit in the "Conspiracies in Religion" forum as it's not really a conspiracy as such. Also, there have been many discussions in the "Ancient & Lost Civilizations" forum about the Earth being older than 6,000 years, which is what this post is about.

Still, feel free to move it to another forum at will ATS admins.

-MM

Ahh but see post above. I created a bonafide conspiracy argument. Christians from Mars.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Nothing personal mate but, lets just say I'm a stickler for administration and used to be a librarian in a previous life. I'm not even going to waffle on about the endless religious quotes, or mention the sticky tape summary.

Rosinitate, that whole Mars thing while being far from helpful is too overly conspiratorial, 10 minutes in the bin for you.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Just so we're clear, man made religion is a conspiracy to keep people from the truth. It has nothing to do with actual spirituality, spiritual paths or understanding matters of the spirit. It is designed to lead you away from your soul not to it.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Just so we're clear, man made religion is a conspiracy to keep people from the truth. It has nothing to do with actual spirituality, spiritual paths or understanding matters of the spirit. It is designed to lead you away from your soul not to it.

Agreed, but only to a certain extent. My understanding is that there is truth in most religions for the Adept to consume, but confusion for the masses who interpret the scriptures literally or accept the dogmatic interpretation of his or her peers.

-MM

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

My understanding is that there is truth in most religions for the Adept only, but confusion for the masses who interpret the scriptures literally or accept the dogmatic interpretation of his or her peers.

Not sure what the intended meaning of "adept", but yah, all conspiracies sprinkle themselves with a little truth.

Here, have a drink you'll feel better. Now let us pray the WMD don't get us.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Not sure what the intended meaning of "adept"

Adept as in "Those Whom practice the Esoteric Arts". "Esoteric" from the Greek work "Esôterikos" which literally means "within", thus pertaining to something hidden "within" something else for those Initiated (of the Arts) to find and the neglected to ignore.

-MM

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Okay. "Esoteric" is a perfect example of secret knowledge that only a few possess. Others are just supposed to believe.

Sorry about going off topic here, but the Bible and those stories were written by men who weren't there.

I see a lot of good suggestions in the bible about how to behave and I even see some prophetic vision, but the where-to-fore how from stuff is filler. Written by the same control freaks that thought blood letting would cure disease and the world was flat.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I see a lot of good suggestions in the bible about how to behave and I even see some prophetic vision, but the where-to-fore how from stuff is filler. Written by the same control freaks that thought blood letting would cure disease and the world was flat.

The ancient text of the Rig Veda says as follows:

There is one reality, the wise call it by many names; there is one truth, reached by many paths.

No single Path is the Truth in whole, but blinding yourself to the Esoteric Knowledge in one of the Paths may cause you to to be less wise than you could be.

It is like a rock that a blind man finds, then he finds another rock, then another - finally he understands that he stands before a mountain. One rock does not a mountain make. The same thing goes for Enlightenment, if someone says "It's over here", don't believe him, and if someone says "No, it's over here", then don't belive him - but follow them both and learn what Truths that their teachings do contain, for even the cretin has something to teach away. But be careful, for most of them hunger for power like a lion hungers for the blood of a newborn lamb.

-MM

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
interesting topic, not sure where it's meant to lead us?
is the implication that "the bible cannot be trusted?

a reply to: Rosinitiate

after a lot of time in the morlock hole, i got the impression all this "stuff" (qblh included) was intended to line-up with blavatsky's (and others) work on the 'root races' and the supposed destiny of mankind..

the bible doesn't say much on all this stuff but does at least indicate there *were* people created *before* adam & eve
(who did cain & abel supposedly get married to?)

what i find shaping up here, is the bibles take on the pre-flood world (ie: the last days will be like the days of noah) and why that old-world was supposedly condemned in a deluge, we'll be hearing about genetic engineering, mankind's real image/purpose & the benevolence of these space-brothers/watchers.. we will hear the same story, only told from the other perspective

there's an interesting mp3 from those "white supremacists" with some insights into their bible beliefs, try to locate the mp3 called 'seed of the serpent race' by rev. william potter gale (i'm having trouble tracking it down just now..)

/lurks with popcorn
edit on 27-6-2014 by UNIT76 because: "...i hate nazi's" -Jake Elwood

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
interesting topic, not sure where it's meant to lead us?
is the implication that "the bible cannot be trusted?

The Bible is the result of carefully putting together selected scriptures, but the early christians left out a lot. Many of those excluded scriptures are referenced in the Bible, and some are lost in time.

after a lot of time in the morlock hole, i got the impression all this "stuff" (qblh included) was intended to line-up with blavatsky's (and others) work on the 'root races' and the supposed destiny of mankind..

the bible doesn't say much on all this stuff but does at least indicate there *were* people created *before* adam & eve

It definitely has a lot to do with having the "right" genes, the Great Flood was one tool to cleanse the genepool after generations of intermarrying between races and humans even mixing with angels (resulting in "The Giants of Old").

(who did cain & abel supposedly get married to?)

Some Christian Scholars have suggested incest with their mother Eve, not very likely to me.

what i find shaping up here, is the bibles take on the pre-flood world (ie: the last days will be like the days of noah) and why that old-world was supposedly condemned in a deluge, we'll be hearing about genetic engineering, mankind's real image/purpose & the benevolence of these space-brothers/watchers.. we will hear the same story, only told from the other perspective

/lurks with popcorn

All about the right pure genes, I guess.

-MM

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
But wasn't eve made from one of Adams rib bones?
Would that not indicate some sort of problem.
I mean technically she would be his daughter/wife no?

I think pure energy is. It don't care if you think, it just is.
But then i think universe is a brain connected & wired..

I don't no much about this stuff, i just find it interesting..

Sorry to interrupt.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

thanks for the reply..
i hear what you've said about omitting certain records (such as jude referencing the book of enoch when there is next-to-none of enoch's material in the bible)
all i know for sure, is that when you add or remove material to a story, the story changes..
i've found when i study the bible's story, the addition of the extra material undermines the "bible story" (salvation through jesus christ)
i can't say for sure which is correct, but i do find the bible's version of things (sans extra-info) makes the most sense.
/shrugs

All about the right pure genes, I guess.

KJV (Gen 6:9)
King James Bible
"...Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations..."
some of us interpret/extrapolate generations as genes

But then i think universe is a brain connected & wired..

check out this pic,

(the text says: the universe -TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE- braincell under magnification)
and maybe this comment from this topic (got into a debate with one of the anti-God squad)
there are further reference links along the way (in that topic & the others it links to..)

edit on 27-6-2014 by UNIT76 because: ...saw something interesting back there

interruptions often make for the addition of new and exciting material..
(although it seems, in one instance, everyone got flooded because of that)

edit on 27-6-2014 by UNIT76 because: open the floodgates

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
According to the Book of Jubilees, chapter 4, both Cain and Seth each married their sisters.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

But wasn't eve made from one of Adams rib bones? Would that not indicate some sort of problem. I mean technically she would be his daughter/wife no?

No clone/wife. Technically she would be a clone of him but with a little genetic manipulation thrown in the mix.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
According to the Book of Jubilees, chapter 4, both Cain and Seth each married their sisters.

Interesting stuff, but was not The Book of Jubilees written in the 2nd-century BC making the Talmud a more ancient source(making it more canonical)? Here is the Generations of Adam mentioned in The Book of Jubilees.

Thank you for this contribution.

-MM

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: occrest

I just realized that the Talmud does not say who Adams children married, so there is no conflict between the Talmud and The Book of Jubilees.

-MM

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join