It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Pumpkinseed was a hot mess.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I figured. From what I've seen external combustion, pumpkin seed style has never been tried on something as big as an aircraft, or even a scale prototype. At least not in the white world. I'm just brainstorming how it'd have such a distinctive appearance.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: hawkguy

Distinctive but unsurprisng imo
Form follows function.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i always figured something like the seed would fly super high and 'pulse' its way once in leo slow the pulses down but not enough not to glow like a flame.

imagine squeezing a bar of soap with wet hands. where the initial squeeze/pulse would push it and when the aircraft started to slow pule/squeeze it again.

the back end on the inside must be solid titanium with heat shield blankets/tiles.

i know the space shuttles tiles would crush in you hand like a strange foam(it is a foam of sort) and wih some laminar flow trics and maybe some fancy heat dispersion it might fligh...in a straight line. i cant imagine having to turn something like that

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
And how and where would she launch from?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Would it need to be air launched?? Or maybe vertical launch on a booster or even something X33 like...lots of questions and possibilities with this one I feel..a reply to: Blackfinger

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
A lot of stuff hiding away in the net..Follow the bread crumbs..
Pumpkin seed

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

launch with normal turbojets and when the external combustion cycle is stable shut the turbojets down or use them to compress the incoming hypersonic air(thin but still there) to capture O2 to help lower weight.

read that on the other form and that rings true to me, that being said there are allot of people out there that will call you crazy for saying you have seen high speed/performance craft as a crazy person...heck people still tried to debunk an officially released video from the navy..

we have the triangles, pumpkin seed, green lady and the yellow light..... are they all some how related or even the same aircraft growing up and using more perfected tech so thats why it might change what it looks like a little bit but still has the same flight profile.

i found it interesting that in one of the articals said that the seed was to me a drone and that it would have to survive many pulses and have a flight speed of at least mach 20.....if it is a drone you could have pretty intense G loads during the pulses as long as the structure and electronics

its hard for me to just forget about the few sightings i have seen because what i have seen means SOMEONE has some pretty scary systems and that no matter how many people say that things like this cant or dont exist i suggest picking up smoking, it puts you outside allot and obviously raises your chances to see something (kidding about smoking, bad habbit)
edit on 27-6-2020 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I served 26+ years in the RAF as an Aircraft Tech on fast jets at various bases and county’s around the world and I have seen and heard things which I don't recognise as “normal tech” so I think there is something out there in the black world...what is another matter!! reply to: penroc3

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Silentvulcan

id kill for a ride on any of them or fly them remotely if one was a drone.....hell the fact i have seen a small black triangle at less than 100 yards and only 15 or so feet in the air for aq good 20-30 seconds before doing their 'warp speed' manuvior is amazing but i want a good look at some of these things, imagine just running your hand down some of the edges and of these craft....

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Not sure if touching these birds would be worse for them or you. Who knows what the RAM is coated with?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

.....polonium 210 was used in the skin of the F117

i think anything that would be cutting edge stuff wouldn't need 'physical' RAM....there is more than on way to bend/reflect radar away from a craft

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I remember in Gulf War part 1 we hand painted the leading edges of the wings and tailerons of our GR1’s with iron ball paint..! Weighed a ton it did but helped to reduce the RCS a fair bit... on that is. a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

edit on 28-6-2020 by Silentvulcan because: Typo

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Silentvulcan

they used the same stuff on the sr71 i believe

using radioactive isotopes that are STRONG alpha emitters that can actually aid in flow of the skin and deflect the radars electrons when it radars electron hits the polonium 210 emissions

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Do you think it is possible to take off with a seed shape, and maneuver at low speed ? In high speed this shape must be efficient but low speed... May be it could be air launched like the X-15. This thing could explained a lot of UFO sighting. I don't thing there is a lot of black speed aircraft out there, I have the feeling there is something very high tech but in fact one or two type of Platforms no more.
edit on 28-6-2020 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
That seed shape is very much like a lifting body design, even with a high sweep angle. It should be able to generate a fair bit of lift even at low speeds.
a reply to: darksidius

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Borys
Someone needs to design it in Solidworks and throw it through Cosmosworks or some other fluid dynamic simulation program..

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Borys

The problem with Pumpkin Seed wasn't lift, although it didn't generate much, it was the fact that wind tunnel tests showed some... interesting characteristics.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i would think without some serious yaw control at high speed it would start spinning like a bullet

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I just wanted to make a quick post that's only tangentially related to this thread.

Given the recent news I've been working to set up a method to archive some of the larger threads on ATS and I chose this thread as my first major test. However, given the size of it I can't be sure that everything worked as expected. I've tried to run through each page myself and check everything, but I didn't have time to be super thorough and was wondering if anyone here might be interested in giving it a second look?

Specifically I'm interested in ensuring that all of the text is present and readable and whether or not the produced result is 'good enough' for the needs of everyone here. It's definitely not perfect, but I think it meets all the requirements to preserve the content.

I've linked to a zip folder in a google drive which contains the thread and images here

!!! This should not initiate a download without your interaction !!!!

If something has gone wrong and it automatically initiates a download please let me know ASAP so I can remove it and I'll find a different way to share the files. Additionally, if anyone has other concerns related to the method I've used to share the files then I'm all ears for a preferable method.

Assuming that all works out, then once it's downloaded unzip the folder and navigate to WeirdCaliforniaSighting/www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1019057 and then open whatever page in your favorite browser to check it out.

Known issues:

1) Missing ATS icons/avatars - This was a tradeoff to get a working script. Linking them opens a can of worms I wasn't ready to tackle.

2) Direct reply links don't work (and likely won't in the future, it's weirdly hairy to pull the link without going into a recursive hole of death)

3) Image behavior is inconsistent and seems to depend on how the picture was attached. Some times everything is fine, sometimes some pictures are missing, sometimes it gets real unhappy and turns them all off. However, all of the images are downloaded in order of their appearance in the thread and it's fairly straightforward to identify what goes where. This is likely correctable with some post processing, but I'm not planning on that at the moment.

Everyone here is free to download the preliminary archive if they'd like to, but I want to especially thank anyone who takes the time to actually help me proof it. I'm planning on preserving more content going forward, largely dedicated to this subforum, but may share the method with some members. See my post here for more information if you're interested.

Cheers everyone. It's been real and however this ends up I hope it's nothing more than a bump in the road.

edit: Oh and Zaph, since you're probably the only mod who's going to respond to anything related to this in a timely manner, please let me know if I've interpreted the TOS incorrectly and I'll shut this project down and stop any archiving efforts immediately. I think the TOS cleared it, but I'm definitely not looking to get myself banned!
edit on 28-6-2020 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join