It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger
When it was ? never read something about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Not like this. You might occasionally get a bad picture of something going overhead, but you're not going to see a dozen aircraft sitting at your classified testing base.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius
Back in 99..
Fastmover

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Zaphod. I’m not sure you can say anything but was the fast mover that Blackfinger referenced above (the Swiss Mountain Bat sighting) related to the Green Lady? Or was it what many believe was the Aurora?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gasman71

If it was an actual aircraft at all. There are a few things that don't really match up in their story.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
In fact what could be the green Lady or the California sighting ? Is it the same project or just a legend ?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: gasman71

If it was an actual aircraft at all. There are a few things that don't really match up in their story.

Not only the fact that every time they were there they spotted a black project. That seems a bit suspect.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

depending on if you can get locals to feed you info on when they notice allot of activity from the base and could get there and be willing to camp out, you might be able to optimize your trips to have a much higher chance of seeing something.

but doing all that I'm sure boarders on espionage especially by foreign nationals but I guess that doesn't matter.....national security that is.

don't get me wrong i would look at the pictures of anything interesting and would even enjoy a random camping trip to one of the viewing areas at 'worse' you get a nice camping trip.

regardless of all that if you go out there enough you will eventually see something as the base and projects have scheduled they have/need to follow....oh and don't forget the super expensive NV gear and other optics for cameras or telescopes.

area 51 is the most famous secret base, if i were in charge of security fr a black project it would never see Groom untill it was almost done/coming into the light. there are so many other bases that i think people would have way better luck at seeing stuff at and not all of them are in the US

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

A much higher chance, not a 100% success rate. Even Sam and I aren't that good.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

lol yeah but you guys got pretty lucky at least once.

its also one thing to go looking for your own satisfaction and curiosity(hobby) and not as a way to make money or to expose things to the public that shouldn't be.

i feel like you two are out there for different reasons than the famous 'exposers' and obviously would defer to the AF before publishing something and to me that makes clear the differences in the two camps.

for me its a very fine line to run because if you do capture something obviously anyone would want to show everyone they know and maybe the press(for $). Nick Cook seems to walk that line well.

but if your just trying to expose secrets for whatever reason is where i have an issue.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

We both believe secrets are there for a reason, and aren't going to be dicks if we're lucky enough to catch something unknown. But, I've seen people that do hunt "professionally" that go years without anything more exciting than a Nighthawk. There's something really fishy about those guys.

There are quite a few people that want to expose things to become legends, and some that think secrets should be exposed. That'd one good reason Groom and Tonopah keep such a close eye on any oversight positions. I've heard of them rerouting aircraft hundreds of miles because they got word people were near the runway.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

They could buy them all the goodwill in the world by declassifying some stuff from freaking thirty years ago. I wouldn't want to screw them either, but they only have themselves to blame if others are not as forthcoming as Zaphods gang.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

i guess my point i was tying to make i would be very very surprised if very very black projects flew regularly out of Groom, that's why i called it the most famous secret base.

why would you even risk a sighting at Groom when there are great bases else where that cant get gotten to by the public or aren't even in the US

Groom was one of these secret bases and now it is just a magnet or distraction for people looking for something crazy, any maybe the things people see at groom are the older programs.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

the logistics of security at Groom must just be a constant headache.

tons of false alarms from animals and people sneaking a peak to even people trying to get to close or even lost.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

They're still there. There's not as much traffic as you think. Getting up the peak is not a trivial climb, especially with the gear you'd need to see that far. And not everyone can afford an ATV to help. The climb up Brainwash is bad enough. Going up Tikaboo would be murder.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

i guess my point i was tying to make i would be very very surprised if very very black projects flew regularly out of Groom, that's why i called it the most famous secret base.

I think it's pretty obvious they deploy operational vehicles abroad at clandestine bases anyway.

But there has been a hell of a lot going on at Groom after 0911.
Just look at the southern ramp after years of neglect in 2002 vs 2016:
ibb.co...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

it wasn't clear when i wrote it, sorry about that.

i agree that there is allot of stuff going on there but as far as what i would consider the bleeding edge of whats in the air are visitors when they are at groom.

but other less secret black projects and gray projects along with all the other 'normal' flights and drone testing i bet keeps the contractors busy.

i really have a hard time believing they would base something that is the best of what we have somewhere that is almost a tourist attraction. you dont have to be on the mountains all the time to see something and risking someone seeing Americas SHTF and super experimental goodies seems foolish.
edit on 20-12-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

what bleeding edge projects do you mean, BBTs, TicTacs?

The SR-72 demo was sorta spotted coming into Palmdale. Even less security there.
I do think the TGL alters between the Groom and Palmdale when not deployed abroad. LRS demos would have been at Groom too, these days maybe already at Edwards South.
Companions are probably kept right next to the 117s at TTR these days, no comment about before that. Operational UAVs at Creech mostly, TTR, Beale maybe.

I do think maintaining security is not that big of a deal. Keep the hangar doors closed and fly out during the night.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

All ramps go through something like that. The original ramp was fine until it wasn't, and it was redone. Hickam completely redid their ramp twice in over 20 years.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I'm not sure what shape the bleeding edge is these days but yeah stuff like black triangles are said to act like.

I'm like 98% sure the tic tac is just a very fancy ECM thing.

As far as the b21 fly offs the whole project was going to see the light of day there are things that will never see the light of day, limited or single digit aircraft are the things I think rarely go to groom and are housed elsewhere

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join