It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

Before Billy Idol gave the rebel yell, he was in Generation X.

I actually had some argue with someone that One direction is not a band, but a dance group

I saw KISS in '75 with Rush
AC/DC in '78
In high school, a friends mom was banging the drummer from scorpions when ever they were in town,
I dated a girl whose sister dated James Hetfeild in highschool
GNR and Warrant in local bars here before they hit it big.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

I agree with you One Durection is a silly dsnce troupe.

My favorite boy band is Big Ups.

Big Ups rehersing:
m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Aw shucks, I'm blushing.

I'm happy to comment whenever I have some actual knowledge about what's being discussed.

Well, you certainly know your Kill Vehicles...

It's been a while so I wondered if you'd had any further thoughts on that possible delta captured over Halifax, UK?

Although the pic looked very much like a Shoop - couldn't ever really find a valid reason for the type of hybrid in the patent (and as described by you) not to be in use.

edit on 22-10-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So, a few days ago, around dusk, I witnessed a green burning-sparking-glowing ball-light travel across the sky in front of me as I was driving.

I was pointed south in my vehicle and it traveled generally east to west and was located maybe 15 -20 miles south of Austin. It traveled about 40 degrees in my vision in about 2.5 seconds. I have to guess on the altitude but maybe 1000-2000 feet (and probably a few miles ahead), and it had a seemingly completely flat trajectory. It wasnt falling or curving. After apx 2.5 seconds it either quit burning/lighting or disappeared. It looked like a tight green burning/glowing ball and was small in my vision - quarter of a pencil head maybe. It may have been a meteor but Ive never seen nor heard of them burning green and the altitude / flat trajectory seemed odd.

I posted this as its own thread and was referred to this thread where I thought I should add my observation to this discussion.
edit on 22-10-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Texas is one of the return/departure corridors that has been used.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The green light was almost like a welding light but very green. I think this aircraft is what I saw.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

You asked:

"I wondered if you'd had any further thoughts on that possible delta captured over Halifax, UK? "

As I see it, the only good rationale for a Lighter-Than-Air/Heavier-Than-Air (LTA/HTA) hybrid design is for High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE). This kind of a platform is intrinsically relatively low speed. If you look at the different applications that have been proposed for HALE platforms they all tend to be mission profiles where the platform climbs to its designated altitude and position as quickly and efficiently as possible and then loiters at that position as long as possible (flying race course or figure eight tracks). The general idea is to replace functions that normally would probably be supplied by a spacecraft (surveillance, communications node, ELINT, etc.) with an aircraft platform.

Let's suppose, as an example that you wanted to keep track of air and surface vessel traffic along the Greenland-Iceland-UK gap with radar. To do that with spacecraft, you would need a constellation of spacecraft (probably on the order of 10 or so) in order to have a reasonable probability of having one overhead at all times. And they would have to be big, in order to accommodate the size and power of a radar. That's quite possibly a 10 B$ program or more. With HALE aircraft, you could probably do the same job with 10 platforms for about 1/10 the cost.

If the bump on the underside of the delta is a radome (as I conjecture) then it is arranged to view the bottom hemisphere. So my best guess or hunch, or whatever you want to call it is that this is a Radar Ocean Surveillance platform. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have a few ELINT sensors on board as well.

Given that kind of mission, I would think it would probably be based at airfields right on the coast. Launch and recover only during darkness. I see no good way of accommodating conventional landing gear in this kind of design, so takeoffs and landings are probably conducted the same way as with blimps and dirigibles.

There's probably no good reason you could't launch and recover these from large enough surface ships, either.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

So navy hunting soviet subs etc?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Could be used for that if the radar is the right type. If they could get high enough it could be used for monitoring air and surface traffic over wide areas.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

and
a reply to: Pyle

About 12-13 years ago, a small Socal start up designed and built a prototype of an airship, who's purpose was to extend cell phone coverage over a larger area than towers can. The idea was to put an airship on station at high altitude ~80k feet over a market and signals could be bounced off of it, increasing coverage. The airship was solar powered and could stay on station for months. It was very promising, and they had good initial investment, until the firm was bought by DOD, and the idea litteraly disappeared.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

80K could cover nearly everything but some of the secret squirrel aircraft. Not sure if it would be good at ASW at that alt.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

what was the name of the company.

might still be stuff on it on the web.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Could it be this company?

Sky Station Inc

The company was called "Sky Station International Inc" and there are also some other resources available online.

Like this FCC Approval.

BT
edit on 23-10-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

ETA:
Here is their abandoned(?) homepage Link.

You'll notice that they had some pretty prominent people aboard.
edit on 23-10-2016 by beetee because: Added link to homepage

ETA2:
Seems to have merged with Platforms Wireless International Corporation and StratoComm into something called Airborne Wireless Communications Systems Inc and then the trail goes somewhat cold...

Relevant press release
edit on 23-10-2016 by beetee because: ETA2

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Have you ever heard of Metallica?

Oh yes I HAVE heard of this METALLICA but personally if I
were designing this BAND I would replace the METALL with
a CARBON-NANOTUBE MESH ALLOY with interlaced NANO-LOCKING
NANO NANITES and station FIVE
guitarists each with accompanying BASSIST and a 10 x 10 stack
of 18000 WATT VACUUM-TUBE AMPLIFIERS with integrated on-board
multi-spectrum SOUND WAVE analyzing EQUALIZERS based on
cold-rolled fully silicon FPGA logic gate PROGRAMMING!!!!!!
This "METAMATERIALLICA" could then output the equivalent of
5,000 KM/S rail-gun antimatter SOUND WAVES at an audience
in RUSSIA from any POINT on THE globe WITHIN 1 HOUR!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: wirehead

...Now you're just being sarcastic .... :-) ;-)

...BUT....

if you superheat a cone or tube of air using microwaves
you can create a VIRTUAL AUDIO TUNNEL which CAN beam
high-intensity sound on a high directional basis over distances
as far as hundreds of miles away depending upon amplitude!

Which ALSO means I can blow out your ear drums with the following:

Scorpions and Tarj Turunen (i.e. Nightwish)
"The Good Die Young"
www.youtube.com...

and

Nightwish Amaranth (Anette Olzon)
www.youtube.com...

and

Nightwish - Wish I had an Angel :
www.youtube.com...

...AND FINALLY....

for a REAL KICK IN THE CAJONES and TO BLAST
THOSE EARDRUMS OF YOURS TO THE YEAR 3929
lets try to blast these these two songs over
superheated microwave tunnels:

Sabaton - The Last Stand:
www.youtube.com...

ACDC - Thunderstruck (Helo Thunder version):
www.youtube.com...

...SO....

back to how we can use microwaves, nanobots,
boron, plasma sheathing, acoustic wave effect,
magneto-plasmadynamic drives and 60 Terahertz
monolithic microwave circuits to Fly the Green Lady
sky high and ugly fast.....!!!!!!!

edit on 2016/10/23 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Yes, may be one of this technology can produce green laser like light.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: wirehead

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Have you ever heard of Metallica?

Oh yes I HAVE heard of this METALLICA but personally if I
were designing this BAND I would replace the METALL with
a CARBON-NANOTUBE MESH ALLOY with interlaced NANO-LOCKING
NANO NANITES and station FIVE
guitarists each with accompanying BASSIST and a 10 x 10 stack
of 18000 WATT VACUUM-TUBE AMPLIFIERS with integrated on-board
multi-spectrum SOUND WAVE analyzing EQUALIZERS based on
cold-rolled fully silicon FPGA logic gate PROGRAMMING!!!!!!
This "METAMATERIALLICA" could then output the equivalent of
5,000 KM/S rail-gun antimatter SOUND WAVES at an audience
in RUSSIA from any POINT on THE globe WITHIN 1 HOUR!!!!!!!!

Metallica hasn't been relevant to Metal fans in 30 years now, this latest album is a decent effort compared to the sellout mentality that has drove them since that High School kid metal "black" album.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
hello to all,

after a very quiet summer here in Portugal , things have started happening again.

3 times last week at 23:00pm UTC, 23:10pm UTC and 23:45pm UTC respectively the green light was back,
same as last time off the Atlantic heading in a South East direction.
( for those that dont know ... I am located roughly 65km inland from Coimbra , which is about half way down the Atlantic coastline of Portugal.)

now... once could be a meteor ,fireball etc, that just happens to be in the same direction etc as last time... but to have it happen 3 times within a small time frame each night is odd.

last night there was a lot of electrical activity as a storm system moved in of the sea, so we lost power , once the clouds past it was a clear dark night, at 01:45am the same light did something i have not seen it do before ....and that is go in the opposite direction :-/

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: snoopyuk

She passes over your location heading to her temporary home before a mission. She doesn't usually go over on the way home.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If she is piloted then it sounds like they may have some jaw dropping views (I'm not a meteorologist) but I wonder if they'd be privy to the aurora borealis at the altitudes they fly at?

I wonder if any more interesting sightings have popped up on film? (I.e. of the green meteor type) as of late...

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join