It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyfishing: Low Elevation High Speed Disk photo + video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
To add on from my posts before.... for anyone too young to remember the 90's.... Skyfish were also called Rods, or Roswell rods.

Jose Escamilla is a well known name on ATS for anyone who's been here long enough.... he's a scam, a hoaxer.

I'm not saying the OP is doing the same, they may genuinely believe that they have filmed some unknown flying alien.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is why I said "RODS!!" in my post, because Skyfish = Rods

edit on 28/6/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Pylgrym

Shoot at the objects with a 50 cal and then you might find out what it really is.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Do you live near a lake? With the warmth of the season dragonflies are probably around their peak. I just read that coming out of their nymph stages they may be weaker flyers, but they may also go up higher to catch wind gusts and such. In the adult stage they only have a few more weeks left to live.

I'm assuming you are also getting a lot of interference that you WOULD label as bugs and birds?

That being said: if high speeds were the rule rather than the exception there could be Unidentified things all over the skies with little notice--their cloak IS speed.
edit on 28-6-2014 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I watched it again and its really cool.
I want to know what do you think they are? I think now (2014), we will be unable to distinguish between man-made and non man-made.

I think its been like that for quite some time now.

I'm just waiting for the certified, 'hired' thread killers.

"it was a swarm of flies", "weather balloon", and every ones favorite, "swamp gas".

They paint their opinion so well, we no longer have an urge to be free thinkers.

.......waiting.
They will be here shortly.
edit on 28-6-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: edit

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm sorry, all of these videos could have been achieved by throwing a Frisbee or other items through the air. The camera man would just have to make sure that he didn't get the thrower in the video.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure what we're seeing, but wow, do they ever move fast.

I tried to enhance some frames to see if the disk was moving in front of, or behind, the chimney.

I could not prove it was moving in front of the chimney. Maybe the shadow was too dark, or maybe it's moving behind the chimney...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Okay this is very interesting...Thanks OP.

My contribution to these fast moving objects, and I saw somebody added "unladen swallow" (nicely done) well my thought is what about humming birds?

They are very fast and can do 90 deg turns no problem, you typically will not see their flapping motion unless you had a very high speed cam...

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Pylgrym, if you want to do this type of photography and be able to identify the objects, I'd suggest getting a high speed camera like the one shown in this video, where it's compared to a regular camera. You can see how much easier identifying flying objects is with the high speed camera:

Monsterquest: Rods episode, part 3, regular camera versus high-speed camera

originally posted by: awakendhybrid
Do you live near a lake? With the warmth of the season dragonflies are probably around their peak.
As someone pointed out earlier dragonflies can fly at high speed. They have elongated bodies and their wings are difficult to see. I wouldn't rule them out but the objects are too blurry to make a positive ID.

originally posted by: ionwind
I could not prove it was moving in front of the chimney. Maybe the shadow was too dark, or maybe it's moving behind the chimney...
That's an interesting way of putting it, but I would just say more directly that it's inconclusive, so there's no way to tell if it's in front of or behind the chimney.

it looks like if it was in front in the #2 frame there would probably be a very low level of contrast between the color of the object and the chimney, so you wouldn't be able to see it even if it was in front.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusChristwins

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: tombaccei

The other thing to consider the sensor on his camera has a 2x crop factor so the effective focal length he filmed at is doubled compared to 35mm or full frame digital cameras.

So fast moving insects is the most likely cause.

In fact here is some exif data from his first image in the OP

Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) [0x829A] = 10/2500 second ===> 1/250 second ===> 0.004 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop [0x829D] = 40/10 ===> ƒ/4
Focal Length [0x920A] = 140/10 mm ===> 14 mm

Mr. "i-know-everything" hits again!

Good Job OP.
Please, keep posting anything you consider important about your observations!

I don't claim to know everything but THANKS for the compliment!!! but I have 30+ years of photography as a hobby from my first FULLY manual film SLR to my present day 16mp DSLR and I am not the ONLY member on here with lots of photography experience so have a

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

100% agree

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: blupblup
One word....

RODS!!!

Two words...

DON'T exist!

Which was exactly my sarcastic point

Good to know you are not one of the very gullible members this place has to many of those

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Thanks for the footage.

However I only got to the 2 minute mark as what I saw is you did indeed capture bugs and a bird possibly in my opinion which is based on viewing quite a few videos of such and many of such that claim or ask did I capture a UFO.

I observe a white or silver top on them all, with rotating dark feature on the top as well.

Hmmmm but you also posted this

they do not show wings above or below the body.

The dark feature that you say rotates could easily be the wings of a bird when gliding or flapping a little and from the angle of view would look like its above the main part of the body.

A bird in flight wont need to flap its wings all the way down unless its trying to gain altitude.

What you captured in your video in the OP in my opinion is not a UFO but birds and bugs.

To say its not birds and bugs requires a bit more explaining why it cant be such and reasons you give could quite simply be turned around, for example you say its not bugs because they fly behind trees and your neighbors chimney.
This need to be proven if yu are making the claim because anyone could simply say why coundnt the "bug' have flown infront of the trees and chimney which at such a speed would look almost identical as if it flew behind like you say they did.

To you for taking the time and setting up a camera to try and capture some footage.

I have captured a number of anomalies, and I will upload as many of them directly to ATS as I can.

be waiting patiently for another thread or additions to this one.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: ionwind
That's an interesting way of putting it, but I would just say more directly that it's inconclusive, so there's no way to tell if it's in front of or behind the chimney.

it looks like if it was in front in the #2 frame there would probably be a very low level of contrast between the color of the object and the chimney, so you wouldn't be able to see it even if it was in front.

I guess I should have been more clear. Contrast and color play minor roles, it's the brightness of the image that's important.

Look at the image below which superimposes frame 1 and 3 from my previous GIF.

Assuming the object maintained a constant velocity, the object in frame 2 would have been in the red circled area when it passed the chimney. I have also looked at frames after this and the velocity does seem more or less constant.

Notice that when the object is passing the chimney (red circle) it is in the darkest shadow. If it had been a little more to the right, I may have proven it was in front of the chimney, since at this point the chimney was reflecting more light (was brighter) and the object could have been discerned if it was in front of the chimney.

Whether or not it was in front of the chimney is important, since it would give us a relative size of the object. Others can try to enhance the images if they want. I do find the darkness at this point an interesting coincidence.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Reminds me a bit of the little, fast objects in Denver from the last year.

Too small for the iconic UFO... and probably a fast birdie or large bug (or 'insect' for the entomologists or overly exact out there) but maybe a real anomaly.

Maybe piloted by the same guys as the little mummy found in Chile... heh... or unalienned probes (as in unmanned...nvrmnd).

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You've certainly put in a lot of effort, so well done for going a lot better than the typical blurry lights in the sky!

I'm curious why you refer to them as "disks", though? They don't look at all disk-like to me.

Some of them (the longer, faster, more blurred ones) look very much like classic "rods", i.e. insects. The smaller ones look more like birds.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
carl6405 - yes please upload the photos to ATS and feel welcome to post them right here, we would love to see them to compare.

engvbany - In that video, the flying object was coming down in elevation, and then pulls up to stabilize. I will create an animated GIF of that one because it's interesting motion. I don't think those are wings, that is a craft rearing back "pulling back" on the stick.

Alphahawk - wow great link! yes R8 on that thread is DEFINITELY the same thing I'm seeing. It is so interesting how some appear as rods, some appear to be more 'disk' shaped, but they also show some rod-like features on the top.

PaulJs75 - I own one of those, I recorded a band with it last weekend. They do not go NEARLY fast enough sideways to qualify. But that's an amazing video, actually mine is a cheap copy of that craft.

Chimney People - I will also animated GIF the chimney craft. I am confident, as Ionwind showed that the craft is not visible in front of the chimney. This is a daytime video, and there is lots of ambient sunlight. But I'm not saying 100%, just about 90%.

awakendhybrid - I am about 5 miles from the nearest lake, or body of water that I have seen on Google Maps.

Illuminawty - We did not throw any frisbees, or throw anything near these videos. For what it's worth. I was not even near my camera for most of these.

Springheel Jack - Hummingbirds and finches, we have them. They are tricky, but I can always see they little wings flapping above AND below the 'body', and that's what makes these videos different. Higher speed, straighter flight path, and no wings below.

InhaleExhale - I will continue to answer questions from my limited perspective. The only advantage I have over the viewing audience is, I have the high def videos, which I simply cannot post anywhere, except possibly a web page I would build. I may have to do this to show the full details, but I am a very busy guy with bills and a family.

Rob48 - My working name for them is 'disks' because it looks like they are spinning to me. Eulerian video filters are helping me confirm this, but the tools are hard to use. Their shape is so consistent, they must be spinning to stay afloat. A bird would reveal it's shape, especially when turning 90 degrees. There is no reveal here. I see white or silver tops, so the object it mose closely resembles to me a disk. But that may change as my camera equiptment and skills improve.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The best explanation of these high-speed objects, which have been photographed by others as well, is that they are bugs.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Its a bird

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

but I am a very busy guy with bills and a family.

Dude,

family first,

The aliens can wait their turn

Depending on the size of the videos there are members that can guide you in the right direction to website where you might be able to upload, unfortunately none come to mind as of posting this but hopefully another helpful member with a link can help out.

You could upload them to a torrent site and have a link to where it can be downloaded if anyone chooses.

Keep up the good work

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamie6737
Its a bird

Its a plane

No its superman

Da da da da daa dada dadadadadada.

Whats a bird?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join