It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyfishing: Low Elevation High Speed Disk photo + video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Since seeing two orange/red orbs earlier this year, I began "Skyfishing" - aiming my Lumix GH3 toward the sky on a tripod and filming high speed video with tight shutter speeds (60fps-1/2000th shutter speed) for many hours, and laboriously reviewing said footage. I have captured a number of anomalies, and I will upload as many of them directly to ATS as I can. While searching for high elevation objects, I noticed fast blurry things very close to home. I began to focus my camera at a nearby tree, and began to see these small objects that cleared the screen from about 50 feet away in a 1/4 second.

It's hard to render any useful video of such fast moving, close objects as these. So I have extracted the photo images directly off the video on my camera, which renders the highest quality images possible. Then I cropped and centered each image, and finally created an animated GIF file of the images to show the motion in the highest clarity possible. As uploaders know, Youtube lowers the quality of, I believe, I everything that goes in.

This process took me a while to render, I may repeat it for the following disk videos as I have time. I believe these are "disks" because of several factors I have observed:

* These are not birds, because they do not show wings above or below the body. While there are some features above the body of the object, there are no features ever below. These also fly faster than the fastest low elevation birds around Seattle - hummingbirds and finches. I have plenty of videos of fast moving birds I could display to illustrate the differences as recorded on my particular camera.

* These are not bugs. Some of these objects fly behind the chimney of neighboring house, or behind a tree, so they are not close up bugs. These objects are larger than any bugs we have.

* These sometimes curve, but they mostly fly straight. I do not believe their flight patterns are consistent with birds or bugs. I observe a white or silver top on them all, with rotating dark feature on the top as well.

* I cannot see these objects with my naked eyes, based on their speed and possibly other factors.

I have captured other videos of interesting anomalies, but I am attempting to group them in batches to show a pattern of appearances. I can list the times and dates of each clip, which were all filmed in exactly the same location, on an elevated deck in south Seattle.
edit on 26-6-2014 by Pylgrym because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Damn hard to tell what it is but I appreciate the effort you've put into this thread. Doesn't look bird or bug~ish...

Good work, s@f, cheers

edit on 26-6-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
it could be one of those new stealth drones as they do not have a vertical stabilizer/rudder.

Do you live near any military bases?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Pylgrym

Impressive work. Certainly more intriguing than small dots of light in a dark sky.

What's your estimate of the size of the objects ?

There is certainly a sense of bewildering speed. I've seen a video similar to this and I'm sure it's on ATS, I'll try and find it. Similar sort of objects and speed.

ETA; Found one of the one's I was looking for, still looking for the one that's very similar to yours.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 26-6-2014 by myselfaswell because: stuff

edit on 26-6-2014 by myselfaswell because: video found

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
something between skeet and Frisbee in size maybe a parrot ar drone

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Good job, man. Fish on!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is really very interesting, and potentially a real breakthrough. Some questions:

1: Was there any specific reason to aim the camera where you did?

2: How many anomalies of this sort were there? How many hours of filming?

3: Any night time recordings?

4: Any pattern to the anomalies: time of day, day of week, weather conditions etc.

5: Are they still occurring?

6: What kind of equipment would be the next step? Higher speed, Stereo cameras for ranging, other types of sensors (magnetic, radioactivity etc.), motion triggering recording,recording at other nearby sites, recruiting help in this
project (I could give some hours to reviewing raw footage).

7: Similar recording in the immediate vicinity, and also at more distant locations (chosen how?)

8: Could you publish the other relevant technical info on these recordings? lens used, color correction etc.

If this is a hoax, stop it. These are not bugs or birds or any other known phenomenon in my opinion, and if the appearances continue, and far more elaborate means are used for recording, something quite remarkable might result.
Keep posting!

Thanks, and I really look forward to more.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Are there any noticeable commonalities in direction of flight?

If so, anything indicative of a possible place of origin, i.e. military bases or areas of wilderness which might conceal 'bases' of some sort?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tombaccei

1: Was there any specific reason to aim the camera where you did?
facing West toward the ocean is the direction I saw the orange/red orbs, before this project began. It is also the direction of the sunset, which I have been filming at the same location for years (and never caught any anomalies).

2: How many anomalies of this sort were there? How many hours of filming?
I believe it's 11 disks contained in about 8 video files. This represents probably 20 or 25 hours of video files sifted through, fairly randomly captured during daylight hours when there is no rain.

3: Any night time recordings?
Nothing interesting captured at night recently. Rarely filming at night.

4: Any pattern to the anomalies: time of day, day of week, weather conditions etc.
I haven't made the full list of time/dates from the files yet. It seems most common early morning and late day, but that's when the lighting is best for filming and when I film most.

5: Are they still occurring?
Yes! I haven't filmed in 3 weeks due to family issues, out of state for a while. I'll get back to it, once these started appearing they seemed consistent. Interestingly, first I was seeing high altitude things, which I have some films of to share soon. These things are more interesting because... they are in MY air space. And there are more of them.

6: What kind of equipment would be the next step? Higher speed, Stereo cameras for ranging, other types of sensors (magnetic, radioactivity etc.), motion triggering recording,recording at other nearby sites, recruiting help in this
project (I could give some hours to reviewing raw footage).
Great question! I want an infrared camera real bad, to run parallel with my high speed cam. Coupled with a green laser to instigate, people are having some strange interactions and recording it in this manner. Although I don't know if provoking with lasers is a good idea, a laser is likely the main threat to non-terran UFOs. I think I'm actually against this method of expediting contact.

Or, a REALLY high speed camera, AKA jaws eating a seal, 200fps or so. But with skyfishing... we are searching without much guidance, for a LONG time, and our memory cards and computers will have a hard time with a very high speed. I think filming in 1920x1080 is mandatory, or above. Meaning, my new camera can do it, but my last AWESOME video camera could NOT see these things. Consumer technology will reveal the truth very soon. Recording at other nearby sights is probably the best suggestion of all. Triangulation of the evidence is necessary. Synchronized recording times.

7: Similar recording in the immediate vicinity, and also at more distant locations (chosen how?) This is the complete set of my disk videos, I didn't hold any back.

8: Could you publish the other relevant technical info on these recordings? lens used, color correction etc.
14-140 lens, zoomed in usually 30% of the way. Polarizer lens is very helpful with this project.
NO color correction. The rendering process is - take a long 20-30 minute video, render the relevant video to full-frame .avi file using Cineform Codec in Vegas 9. The original video and images are not edited, until they are cropped. I have not adjusted contrast or anything, as I like to do in finished videos. The video on Youtube is higher quality on my computer, but there is NOWHERE on the net to post it in full 1920x1080 without compression, that I can find.

edit on 26-6-2014 by Pylgrym because: editing

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

No military base near us. I think 80 minute drive south of us is closest. We are near Seatac airport, 2 miles flight.

Most seem to be flying parallel to ground (flying even) at about 25-50 feet high, VERY low. Crazy they are not seen by the naked eye. I suppose most are flying north or south, not much east-west action. This is consistent with most planes from seatac airport as well. I filmed several larger drones following, or near planes a few months ago at higher altitudes, right before these smaller lower elevation disks appeared.

I agree with the size estimate, skeet to frisbee size. It's crazy how a few appear to change lengths, perhaps camera distortion due to the size, or the angle which they approach from.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Well, the things are going so fast, the military base (if 'involved') wouldn't have to be "near" (an 80 minute drive for you would be a couple blinks of the eye to one of these disks).

And with the base to your South and most of the disks flying North and South, it makes sense as a possibility the disks could be flying out of and then returning to the base (or flying between the base and a different point of origin)....

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It's a large beetle flying just behind the tree.

For Christ's sake calm down!
edit on -05:0009America/Chicago2014645xRAmerica/Chicagob by PheonixReborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

These are not bugs. Some of these objects fly behind the chimney of neighboring house, or behind a tree

How do you know this if you can't see them with the naked eye?

It certainly can't be determined by the video footage you've provided, as the flying objects are dark, as are the trees, chimneys and everything else seen..

They could as easily be flying in front, as behind.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I agree with the size estimate, skeet to frisbee size. It's crazy how a few appear to change lengths, perhaps camera distortion due to the size, or the angle which they approach from.

Anything going faster than the camera can catch it, creates a "rod" effect where a small object becomes elongated, so a spherical or insect sized object is looking like a "cigar" if caught in one frame.

So what is seen in the video is not the actual size and shape, also they are then not disk shape as we can only see them from one side, there is no bottom or top view.

My opinion is they are some kind of insects creating rods in the frames, they appear fast as the camera is still standing focused in one direction.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PheonixReborn
It's a large beetle flying just behind the tree.

For Christ's sake calm down!

That would be a pretty big bug!

Try again with something less pathetic.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Some quick calculations on a captured frame from your vid.

Distance object moved in one frame ~ 145 pixels
Length of object ~ 30 pixels
Motion blur at 60 fps and 1/2000 exposure ~ 5 pixels

From this, if the object was 1 inch long it travelled about 5 body lengths in 1/60th sec.
giving 300 inches per second or about 20 mph

very fast for a small insect, but still possible. Increase in size estimate gives proportionate speed estimates.

1/2 inch object about 10 mph (possible for an insect)
2 inch object - about 40 mph (faster than possible for an insect)
3 inch object - about 60 mph (faster than possible for a bird)
12 inch object - about 240 mph (faster than credible for a drone)
36 inch object - over 700 mph

The straight trajectories seem unlikely for insects, but certainly not impossible.

If the object passed in back of the tree, it appears too large to have been a bug or bird.

The quality of the motion blur is extremely correct, largely ruling out CGI.

I only looked at one data set, and the original images would be far more accurate and believable.

Using common sense it is far easier to believe that these are insects, flying in front of the tree than any other explanation.
Drones would have to demonstrate unheard of performance. Man sized craft would be travelling far to fast to be earthly in origin.
So I am left with either unusual bugs ( 99% ) CGI hoax (1%) or a device of non normal origin ( impossible to estimate).

edit on 27-6-2014 by tombaccei because: Posted accidently when still incomplete.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As you said, it's hard to tell exactly what they are, but you get a star and flag just for the work you put in to this. It's damn nice to see someone willing to take the time and effort, not just post a youtube video from some questionable source and claim it as Proof!!.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am just not buying the whole bug idea. Not saying it couldn't be but just doesn't seem to fit.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

IMO

If you pause at the 1 min mark on the video, it certainly looks like it goes behind the tree.

Watching the rest one is pretty far behind the tree not close enough to mistake it for being in front.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The other thing to consider the sensor on his camera has a 2x crop factor so the effective focal length he filmed at is doubled compared to 35mm or full frame digital cameras.

So fast moving insects is the most likely cause.

In fact here is some exif data from his first image in the OP

Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) [0x829A] = 10/2500 second ===> 1/250 second ===> 0.004 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop [0x829D] = 40/10 ===> ƒ/4
Focal Length [0x920A] = 140/10 mm ===> 14 mm

edit on 27-6-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2014 by wmd_2008 because: info added

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join