It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witness & their "A world Goverenment" Convention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A while back I had seen a post on here about a pamphlet the Jehovah's Witness people made about a world government.
Today while I was still sleeping a JW came to my place & my boyfriend opened the door. The JW kid gave him this pamphlet that talks about a world government and how they are having a big convention a couple towns over to talk about "Earth's new ruler-who really qualifies?"

I snapped some pictures of the pamphlet to show everyone:

It goes on to say at the bottom:
See a complete program schedule and watch a video about our convention at XX.org ((No that's not the web address, I am unsure if I can post it because I think it might violate one of the T&C))

I was going to add the video from the website but the site said the player crashed & the only other option was to download it. I don't know how to embed a video that isn't from youtube so if you want to check it out then you'll have to go to the website and see if it works for you. ((Unless someone who knows how to embed it does so for us))

Apparently JW are having these conventions all over, I saw links to ones in Israel & Australia. I'm not sure what their agenda is but I'm not really keen on the idea of JW trying to rule everyone.

Wonder what JW think about science & the bible? This is straight from their website.

www.jw.org...
Does Science Agree With the Bible?

The Bible’s answer:

Yes, for although the Bible is not a science textbook, it is accurate when it mentions matters of science. Consider some examples showing that science and the Bible agree and that the Bible contains scientific facts that differed greatly from the beliefs of many people living at the time it was written.

The universe had a beginning. (Genesis 1:1) In contrast, many ancient myths describe the universe, not as being created, but as being organized from existing chaos. The Babylonians believed that the gods that gave birth to the universe came from two oceans. Other legends say that the universe came from a giant egg.

The universe is governed day-to-day by rational natural laws, not by the whims of deities. (Job 38:33; Jeremiah 33:25) Myths from around the world teach that humans are helpless before the unpredictable and sometimes merciless acts of the gods.

The earth is suspended in empty space. (Job 26:7) Many ancient peoples believed that the world was a flat disk supported by a giant or an animal, such as a buffalo or a turtle.

Now I'm not an expert on JW & what they believe but I absolutely think it is ludicrous that they do not allow blood transfusions, even if saves a life. I also strongly dislike the excommunication treatment someone receives from that faith, they are not allowed to talk to anyone, including family members. If the person who left the church, wants to join again then they have to jump through many many hoops.
(I know this because I had a friend who was dating a guy who was a JW. He left the church so he could be with his girlfriend but ended up not being able to handle not being able to talk to his family so he decided to rejoin the church. He had to go through a big huge ordeal just to get back in & then he had to chose between his girlfriend & the church so he chose JW. His girlfriend ((we were in grade 12 at the time)) decided she couldn't be without him so joined the church even though she doesn't believe in a god, loves to drink & do drugs as well as have sex with both males & females.)
edit on 26-6-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link
edit on Fri Jun 27 2014 by Jbird because: Added link and reduced quote

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You misunderstand us. Discouragement of blood transfusions is based on ancient belief against ingesting blood. Excommunication is necessary, because our core belief is "In The World, NOT Of The World". We do not mix with outsiders and anyone who choose to do so can't be one of us. Either you obey the rules and Watchtower Society or there's the door!
edit on 26/2014/6 by Bashka because: Error

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The JWs have some seriously wacky beliefs. (As do most religions)

People who go door-to-door trying to convert others are just flat-out nuts, imo.

I know some Lakota people, and their "religious" belief states that spirituality is very personal and it differs from one person to the next. What works for you might not work for me.
They don't prosthelytize and try to convert you or "save" you. They don't tell you that your
beliefs are wrong. Makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bashka
You misunderstand us. Discouragement of blood transfusions is based on ancient belief against ingesting blood. Excommunication is necessary, because our core belief is "Of The World, NOT In The World". We do not mix with outsiders and anyone who choose to do so can't be one of us. Either you obey the rules and Watchtower Society or there's the door!

Can you explain to me briefly why you would willingly want to follow such a religion?
Seriously, what do get out of it?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You misunderstand us. Discouragement of blood transfusions is based on ancient belief against ingesting blood. Excommunication is necessary, because our core belief is "In The World, NOT Of The World". We do not mix with outsiders and anyone who choose to do so can't be one of us. Either you obey the rules and Watchtower Society or there's the door!

You are right, I do not understand the reason to deny someone who is dying, a chance to live by having a blood transfusion. It's not like they are going to die if they have it, they will die without it. Having a transfusion is not ingesting blood, like if you were to have a rare steak.

Can you please explain this "In the world, not of the world" belief & how it means that you must disown people, even if it is your child. I do not understand how anyone can disown their child.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Comfort and security and logic mostly. We appreciate what Jehovah has done for us and realize the Earth of today is NOT what he had in mind, so we stay out of it as much as possible. We want no parts of war, violence, or corruption, yet those things are rampant. I chose to follow Jehovah after becoming extremely disillusioned the US Government. Everything the Watchtower Society predicted would become of the world has. When it goes for good I don't want to go with it!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower
They mean that Jesus is coming back and will rule on earth for a thousand years.
This is coming from Revelation ch. 20.

Personally, I think they're unwittingly setting themselves up to become followers of an antichrist, because I don't see how they're going to be able to tell the difference.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

a reply to: ColeYounger

Comfort and security and logic mostly. We appreciate what Jehovah has done for us and realize the Earth of today is NOT what he had in mind, so we stay out of it as much as possible. We want no parts of war, violence, or corruption, yet those things are rampant. I chose to follow Jehovah after becoming extremely disillusioned the US Government. Everything the Watchtower Society predicted would become of the world has. When it goes for good I don't want to go with it!

Why pick JW? If you want a faith that doesn't condone war, violence & corruption why not Buddhism, Taoism?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

edit on JunX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Buddhists and Taoists also believe in evil spirits and black magic.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

JW don't believe in absolute evil but they believe in absolute good?
i don't understand that logic at all

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

You have the roles reversed. The world IS absolute evil due to humanity. "Absolute Good" is Jéhovah who appoints the Watchtower Society to lead those willing to turn their back on this wicked world.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Do JW believe in the devil? If so, the devil would be an evil spirit.

Yes Buddhists & Taoists believe in black magic just like they believe in magic that does good. If you believe in good you must also believe in bad.

For Buddhists, the types of magical powers are recorded in the Buddhist scriptures. According to the most common classification, there are six main categories. These are celestial vision, celestial hearing, the power of knowing others’ minds, the power of performing miracles, the power of knowing past lives, and the power of eradicating all defilement.

Buddhist Perspective on Magic and the Supernatural

Buddhists still frown on those who use black magic, like any faith that frowns on people doing bad.

What about Confucianism, Hinduism, Jainism, Shinto, Bahá'í?

Again why did you pick JW? What about that faith made you think "this is the one for me"?

Jehovah's Witness elder 'motivated by sexual need' in kissing women and children, court

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

You have the roles reversed. The world IS absolute evil due to humanity. "Absolute Good" is Jéhovah who appoints the Watchtower Society to lead those willing to turn their back on this wicked world.

What proof do you have that God appointed the Watchtower Society? Wouldn't that proof be in evident in the bible or is the JW bible completely different from the bible that Christians & Catholics claim is the word of God?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'd vote for Prince. Get some funk up in the White House.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

edit on 6/26/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: because this post was all sorts of messed up

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Going to sound very stupid I know, but the way it is presented to us in meetings is after all this turmoil and coming Armageddon(WWIII) we will all live in a Communistic Utopia. That is where I stood politically before joining the JWs,so it made perfect sense. If you put our believes to politics you will see it fits. Decades of turmoil(wars, illness, extreme greed),followed by the Mother of All conflicts(WWIII is predicted to far worse than both previous World Wars combined) that drastically reduce the world population, then finally a renewed world where everyone is equal. That's what we mean by World Government! The belief system matches perfectly with my political beliefs.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Going to sound very stupid I know, but the way it is presented to us in meetings is after all this turmoil and coming Armageddon(WWIII) we will all live in a Communistic Utopia. That is where I stood politically before joining the JWs,so it made perfect sense. If you put our believes to politics you will see it fits. Decades of turmoil(wars, illness, extreme greed),followed by the Mother of All conflicts(WWIII is predicted to far worse than both previous World Wars combined) that drastically reduce the world population, then finally a renewed world where everyone is equal. That's what we mean by World Government! The belief system matches perfectly with my political beliefs.

Ok but why not other peaceful religions that want people to all be living in a nice peaceful utopia right now. Why not those ones? Why does impending doom have to happen in order for peaceful utopia? Why can't we try that now?

Why are JW allowed to believe in the devil but other religions aren't?

What was your thought process behind coming to terms with the fact that if you are in a bad accident you will die because you can't have a blood transfusion.

I'm just trying to understand why you would chose that faith when there are faiths that are equally, if not more, peaceful than JW & don't have strict rules like excommunication & refusal of blood transfusions. To me, politically & not politically, it is illogical. I'm not trying to bash you or anything, I just am curious why it's JW & not something with as many strict rules that you must adhere to when other religions don't have that but still want everyone to be living peacefully together.
edit on 26-6-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

So if your child wanted out you would turn your back on them because your society commands it?

Doesn't sound like a loving religion.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bashka

we will all live in a Communistic Utopia

Religious communists.....it appears to be an oxymoron until you study history and discover the Jesuits created communism.
What you just did is describe JW as a sect of the Jesuits. Who is really in that watchtower behind the curtains?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join