It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you truly love your brothers and sisters?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have 0 feelings for both my Brother & Sister ,would they help you if you needed it [no]

My sister live's 2 minutes walk away from Mother and takes very little to do with her even though she is the Golden child who has run credit card's with 35k of debt in her name and has somehow got the house transferred into her name

What is in it for me has always been her favourite saying while muggins here does the gardening /shopping/dog walking /cleaning etc etc .

We have not talked since i loaned her $2000 3 years ago to help with redecorating her home and xmas and finding out our mother has bought her a $20,000 Audi which got wrecked and sold for scrap for $ 500 and the last 2 [ WORK ] vehicles she has had were actually bought with mothers money

Would i ever turn my back on them NO but i do not rate them as people to be proud off

edit on 25/6/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
growing up, my brother and I fought and picked on each other, but if someone else did to use what we did to each other, we would whip their a$$. Now as adults, we might not talk as often as we should, but when the poop hits the fan, we are there no matter what. It all stems from what my Dad told me and him when we were young. He said "when you and your mom are gone, you two are all you can count on." We both took it to heart.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It seems many posters take alot for granted. You'll miss them when they are dead.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
a reply to: skunkape23

Ok good we're not the only ones, hell we still talk about it once in awhile. My favorite being the time we literally forced these 3 jocks to poop in their pants.

Damn...you literally made them poop in their pants? How do you pull that one off? Or are you speaking in metaphor? I have jumped on bullies with the backup of a tribe of friends like a troop of apes when I was a kid. Never literally forced them to dooky their britches.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It's such an intimate question and likely to yield many types of replies. Sibling relationships are complex in even the most functional families. However, when you consider modern divorce rates and even changing cultural norms for the definition of a family, it's even more complex.

I tend to think the answer people choose to give to the question is also dependent on so many other variables as well. Birth order, age in relation to siblings, number of siblings, economics and probably more that I can't think of right now.

As for me and my siblings, it's messy...and not at all by our choosing or doing. That said, I can fight with my siblings, but damn sure nobody else can. And if they need anything, I do everything in my power to help and they do the same. As dysfunctional as it may be.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
It's such an intimate question and likely to yield many types of replies. Sibling relationships are complex in even the most functional families.

As for me and my siblings, it's messy...and not at all by our choosing or doing. That said, I can fight with my siblings, but damn sure nobody else can. And if they need anything, I do everything in my power to help and they do the same. As dysfunctional as it may be.

I have gotten into a fight with my brother for stepping in and ending a personal fight. It was a long standing rivalry. I was on the bottom, but my guard was still tight. I was relaxed and in control. I was looking for an opportunity to catch my opponent by the wrist and wrench his shoulder. My brother stepped in and kicked him in the head, ending the fight. I was pissed. I wanted to win this fight on my own. He stole my potential gratification. I was ready to kick his ass, but friends broke us up.
edit on 26-6-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Some good answers. Thank you. There is a variety of different types of relationships with our siblings. Some good, some not so good.

It's always better to resolve issues with parents and siblings? Why? I don't know!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I have 6 sisters and 3 brothers they are all half siblings, i do love them all but i feel like im alot closer with the ones who i share only my mum with (2 of my brothers and 2 of my sisters) than i am with the ones on my dads side my sisters on my dads side can be very nasty at times and i am very easy going and try not to get in to BS drama! But the same goes on my mums side too they all argue but they dont try to make me take sides and be all crazy about it. So i think for some reason i may lovemy siblings on my mums side more it could be because i grew up without the ones on my dads side around my dad never had them they lived with their mums and there is a 20 year age gap between me and my oldest sister on my dads side so i think the age gap and lack of appearance in my childhood makes me feel like im alot less close with them. I sound really horrible saying that, but my dads side is so dysfunctional that i just try to keep away lol.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

In the modern era, children seem to identify more with the mother's family connections than the father..imho... and certainly culture and traditions (which are huge ties that bind) are most typically passed down through the mother. I would bet your feelings and relationships are very typical.

I also find that siblings who are significantly older seem to have fonder feelings for the younger siblings than the younger have for them. Maybe it's a sort of parental feeling tbe older siblings have, one of responsibility. Plus the older siblings can have fond memories of sweet babes and toddlers, whereas younger siblings don't have that. Older siblings may have had a sense of cherishing and protecting the younger sibling that lingers long into adulthood. Younger siblings don't have that frame of reference for older sibllings, for logical reasons.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It seems many posters take alot for granted. You'll miss them when they are dead.

Nope. You are projecting your own feelings into the situations of others. Just because people share a bloodline doesn't mean they have to like each other. Nor should they have to.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I felt that way once, but hey what ever don't really give a crap now that I think about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Well our normal weapons of choice included sticks, sling shots, bb guns loaded with rusty nails. Then one day we trapped them in the woods which we considered our "territory" and pulled out a replica colt peacemaker and we decided to hold them hostage and the only way we'd let them go is if they soiled themselves...yeah...we were screwed in the head. But to be clear they totally started it by attacking us with rocks and nail boards.
edit on 26-6-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Well our normal weapons of choice included sticks, sling shots, bb guns loaded with rusty nails. Then one day we trapped them in the woods which we considered our "territory" and pulled out a replica colt peacemaker and we decided to hold them hostage and the only way we'd let them go is if they soiled themselves...yeah...we were screwed in the head. But to be clear they totally started it by attacking us with rocks and nail boards.

I want you on my side when the fecal matter hits the spinning blades.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Haha thanks. kids do crazy things.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm the youngest of 3, I not only love but I like both my brother and sister. We had our issues growing up but as adults we're very close.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I have an identical twin sister and we do not speak to each other. We don't get along. We are like night and day and she is quite materialistic and judgmental. I am not like that at all. I got really tired of her coming to my place and insulting everything in it or me. If you try and talk to her about anything that doesn't have to do with her she doesn't listen. It is quite annoying. If you tell her she is wrong on something she flips out on you, well me and well I got tired of it. The last time i went to her house all she did was yell! I prefer not to be around her. I am bi polar and she is as well but is CLEARLY in denial and thinks nothing is wrong with her and says she isn't crazy like me. Yea ok. So right now I just don't talk to her. I dont like negative energy around me and she is like a vampire when she is around.

I also have a brother who is three years younger. I am not close with him but I do see him when I am at my moms and I talk to him.

I didn't grow up in a family that opening showed their feelings. I was basically always told to get over it so I can be very closed off emotionally at times with family because it wasn't what we did. We didn't do the hugs and kisses on the cheeks and say I love you all the time. IDK some people are like that and I guess some aren't.

I love my siblings but esp with my sister I will not have someone in my life like that. I don't care if we shared a womb or not. I wouldn't keep a friend like that around.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There is the possibility that we reincarnate, and within that context we keep doing a big dance with several important people in our lives. But breaking free of the bonds that keep us small is the main thing. Freedom is everything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join