It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you truly love your brothers and sisters?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I grew up in a semi-dysfunctional family, but my parents have been gone for more than a decade, and I am happy to say my siblings and I are completely embraced in mutual love. No conflict ever. No antagonism concealed.

Is this typical?

If this isn't your situation, I'm not trying to say I am better than you. I send love your way no matter what your current situation.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
So you are like the Brady Bunch?

Of course I love my siblings. We disagree from time to time. Mostly we are on good terms, support each other. We stay in touch.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Oh yes, we fought when we were younger! but who didnt? Though if you where someone else trying to fight with one of us we attacked like a swarm. Now though we live in different states but still find time to talk mostly daily, sucks though that my nearest family member is 2,400 miles away.
Some of my fondest memories are actually us ganging up with the cousins and chasing down our enemies like a pack of barbarians.
Is that normal? when you go visit your family as kids/teens and you plot and exact revenge against other groups of kids?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
Oh yes, we fought when we were younger! but who didnt? Though if you where someone else trying to fight with one of us we attacked like a swarm. Now though we live in different states but still find time to talk mostly daily, sucks though that my nearest family member is 2,400 miles away.
Some of my fondest memories are actually us ganging up with the cousins and chasing down our enemies like a pack of barbarians.
Is that normal? when you go visit your family as kids/teens and you plot and exact revenge against other groups of kids?

Very normal behavior for primates. Been there, done that.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Yes I do love them .... but I do not like some of them. They are not my choice of company for a good time.

P

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My brother and I have had disagreements that escalated a little farther than they should have. More often than not alcohol was involved. We have both beat the crap out of each other. We hug and make up the next day...broken bones and all.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Well, I've got six of them. Two brothers and four sisters. I certainly love them all. We spent half of our childhood apart, however, so things can be awkward at times.

Thankfully, most of us, well all but one actually, share a deep love for plants. So we always have that in common.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I used to fight cat and dog with my bro
.loved him to bits and after a good scrap we would dust each other off and laugh about it.
Miss you bro rip.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Family is family, always will be., it's the ultimate love/hate relationship in life

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I unconditionally love my Brothers and Sisters, I would do ANYTHING for them.
I have a few people not of my blood as well who I feel the same about.
All we really have is each other, hold onto that with a relentless vice death grip.
Good friends help you move, true friends help you move bodies.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Ok good we're not the only ones, hell we still talk about it once in awhile. My favorite being the time we literally forced these 3 jocks to poop in their pants.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
No. Don't love my parents either.
My dad was in a bad accident once and had to be flown to the hospital. At the time I didn't even know if he survived... It was kindof strange. I think I even found it a little exciting, just because something big happened. My main concern wasn't for his health, but for how my life would be affected if he died. I drove to the hospital (blasting Slayer from my car, which seems funny now that I think about it) mostly out of curiosity to see what kind of condition he was in. After finding that he was relatively alright, I left.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Dear g146541,

We may disagree on particular issues, but your ability to love unconditionally marks you as a man worth knowing and admiring.

I think that love comes, ultimately, from God, but regardless of the source I applaud you and the others in this thread who have experienced love and share it with others.

May I buy you a beer?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Yes. I love my siblings. Only problem is theyve picked up some bad habits so i play dr phil from time to time. The generation of kids that are 16-20 years old right now are some lost individuals. I swear people used to raise kids instead of just having them

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Love and like are two different things. I love my brother. I do not like the person he has become. I can't recall a time that he hasn't had alcohol on his breath in over 25 years. He can drink one beer and go from most giving person in the universe to the most obnoxious, mouthy, disrespectful person you have ever met. He has not been there when the family has needed him to spare himself from feeling any discomfort whatsoever.

He was not raised that way, yet that's the way he is. He's my older brother and I have had to take care of him far more than I pray I will ever need from him.

While my (our) father has been struggling to live for the last 6/8 months, my brother has not shown himself at all. Even after calling him and begging him to at least visit for our father if not for himself... He still has not visited. When we weren't sure he would pull through the next few days, I called... He never showed. We aren't sure right now... I gave up calling.

We both live about 10 miles away from our parents. So travel is no excuse. He is single with no children and works part time. The only excuse is to save himself the discomfort/pain and in my view that is beyond selfish.

I am really not sure if I will ever be ok with him after this. Ever.
edit on 6/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

My brother is 3 years younger than me. We were very close as kids even though we did fight at times. Now we are both in our 30s and he is like a stranger to me. I see him a couple times a year at family functions and I get a simple text on my birthday. I have no idea why he wants nothing more to do with me. I've tried for years to be closer to him but he's just not having it. I've tried to find out why he doesn't want anything to do with me and he refuses to discuss it. Nobody in my family can figure it out.

It used to really bother me but I finally let go of it. I can't be upset about it anymore.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Do you truly love your brothers and sisters?

I have a brother. No I don't love him. I see him once every 5 - 10 years on average. I don't care if he lives or dies. I'm sure he feels the same about me. Obviously we aren't close. Just because you are related to someone doesn't mean you have to like them or love them. I really just don't care.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My family is pretty cold, except my mother. If it wasn't for her, I would probably not be around to post this. I love my brother, but he always was just a roommate than anything else. We never talk, even when he's always around. I guess it comes deeply rooted within my fathers side. "Man is not supposed to show love, emotion bla bla bla." I never hugged my brother, only when we threw down as kids. At the end of the day, when love is not mutual it's just #ing sucks.
I had brothers (friends) whom I loved so dearly like my own, but it's different when the love is shared not a one way dead end. My mother said things will change as we grow up, but I just don't see that happening and I'm fine with that.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Absolutely! I do love my sister and brothers. I even like them too! It makes me sad that we live so far apart.

Not too crazy about a particular sibling-in-law who is nowhere near good enough for my sibling, but I guess that is another thread

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Absolutely!! I love my brother and my sister unconditionally.........we don't agree all the time and we do argue sometimes, but we are best friends and we are always there for each other......our parents were not the best growing up and I guess that helped us grow so close.

I hope my kids will grow to love and like each other as much as my siblings and I do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join