It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop pulls suicidal woman from train tracks with seconds to spare

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oops
edit on 24-6-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You gotta take a more proactive role as a suicider these days. Can't just sit in front of a train po po save ya.
More like run at the last second, give that cop something to remember.

On a side note: Have some compassion for the people driven crazy by this crazy world. Its not like they can help it and this cop did.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow! A good cop? He didn't shoot her first? Wow!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

The problem with that is, if that's what she really wanted, then there are ways of doing so that doesn't involve forever traumatizing the crap out of the train operator or any others who would witness the grotesqueness of what a human being looks like after they've been run over by a train. The train isn't going to be affected by her death though as it is, in fact, an inanimate object. If the operator had chosen to "keep going", as you suggest, despite the dead body beneath it being dragged and ripped to shreds for god knows how long, somebody would still have to go through the trauma of cleaning it up.

So no, in my book, the cop did the right thing, hand's down, and who knows? Maybe someday this woman will be grateful for that intervention if she survives herself. If she doesn't, odds are she'll not attempt to do it in a public fashion again as it would risk yet another intervention. So cheer up--she may still off herself and then we'll all save big on that precious tax payer money being potentially spent on her mental health care. Sadistic...

I, for one, am glad he was there and I'm glad she's alive. Her wailing hurt my heart.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Nice assumption...they are the guards genius...not all prisons have towers nor do pre-release centers...nice how you have to drag the union bashing element into it...just angry at everyone aren't ya fella..
edit on 24-6-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco
Rule number 1... if it works, it's not stupid!
I'm not mad at everyone, just criminals and their enablers.
Not many of them union employees are willing to say no sir, do it yourself.
They want to keep their union jobs as well I'd imagine.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I understand your point...and what appears to be some frustration...it's all good friend

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This site is filled with such hateful, cynical-f--ks, it makes me wonder why the hell I even come here. Anti-American, anti government, anti-cop, anti-anything you don't like. Do a bad deed, get reamed. Do a good deed, get reamed.

After several years of coming here, I may not come back. This brand of cynic hate and negativity just weighs down on my soul.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I cant believe there are people advocating that he should have just let her kill herself, are you crazy? A lot of people go through suicidal phase's and LATER IN LIFE they regret it.

People go through bad patches, make bad decision's. You cant just sit back and allow people to kill themselves, that goes against the very human nature of needing to survive.

Cop is a hero that night. Give him his due.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Bit disappointed at some of the replies to this thread. Yeah ok LEOs arnt the favourite of people on here but even when a video of a LEO showing them acting in a good way even gets slated. Comments made about the women on here I find a little disturbing. One remark that i picked out for no reason but the first one I read was along the lines of 'our tax money now pays for her medical bill' yeh fair play, what if that women was a relative or a relative of friend would be a different story then.

What if the LEO went and aided her ended up getting in a tussle with her on the track and they both got killed. Let me guess that would of been the officers fault presumably. End of the day, the lady has problems she is entitled to help. As for the LEO well done that man probably done something a lot of people wouldn't do

Kind of annoyed at the replies but hey we all entitled to our opinions
edit on 26-6-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
What if the LEO went and aided her ended up getting in a tussle with her on the track and they both got killed.

Two idiots down. Celebrate, good times, c'mon.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It is hard to really tell if this is the officer, they are normally wearing all of the fear gear complete with hood and mask.

"fear gear"? Normally?? "hood and mask"?

Can you kindly tell me which department in the United States has their men wearing "fear gear" and concealing their identity in the course of routine daily business and work with the community? I'm not personally aware of any, and as you may recall, I take most of what I know about cops from the cops I am around here locally, frequently as well as growing up around it and then 15 years on the road as a trucker..dealing with various levels of law enforcement almost daily for one thing or another.

I just don't quite see where nearly a million guys are all bad because some have had some truly horrible experiences with a % of that total. That's just me tho..and I try and just see the happy side of a thread meant to be strictly a positive story for a change.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

What if the LEO went and aided her ended up getting in a tussle with her on the track and they both got killed.

Two idiots down. Celebrate, good times, c'mon.

Should of known I was going to get a reply like that.
So what if the lady was your parent/aunt/sister/girlfriend

If the cop stood and done nothing he would get slated for that. Sod it I'm gonna shut up

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Don't let the sentiments get to ya... Cops in the U.S. have done a great deal in culture alone to earn the public feelings much of the profession gets. Right or wrong for it being appropriate in each case, it's had a lot of water under a tired old bridge to make it so.

Having said that...Not everyone hates cops so badly, it's a blind look to condemn all, in every circumstance. Some of us definitely look case by case and judge on the merits of each as they come ..as we'd want done with ourselves, I'd imagine.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Yeah I suppose so, being in the UK it's probably a bit different. Just bugs me a bit when you try and discuss certain matters but people arnt willing to get off the single track (no pun intended) of cop bashing. *Deep breath* ok carry on I'll sit on the side lines :p

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I actually had an aunt commit suicide and a sister try it several times. She couldnt even do that right.

Their lives, their choice. I just wish the sister could get it done once and for all considering all the stress the attempts cause the parents.

It's your life. If you want to off yourself just do it. If you just want attention then get over yourself. Trouble is society rewards these attention seekers with little pity parties and it just encourages more half-assed attempts.

We're rewarding this woman right now.

No different than when the media plasters killers faces on the TV for months.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hey guy I can see where you are coming from, sorry to hear about your family. If I may say without causing offence to yourself and if I do offend you then apologies. You didn't really seem bothered about what they done, I assume this just because the way you described it sounded like you didn't want to help them. I'm probably totally wrong and again apologies if what I said offended you.
But what if a loved one of that women wishes to do their best at helping her, then the actions of the LEO was the right thing to do

I accept your view as we are entitled to voice what we feel

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

But what if a loved one of that women wishes to do their best at helping her, then the actions of the LEO was the right thing to do

That's a loaded what if. You have to consider things like how long she'd been doing this or things like this. How long has her family and friends tried to help. Is she just going to go off and finish the job later.

Helping people is nice and all but there comes a point in the life of every addict, bulimic, anorexic, suicidal where things are going to change or they arent.

People say suicide is a selfish act citing the hurt it causes loved ones but nobody seems to consider the long dragged out pain that a person constantly wavering on the brink causes their friends and family. It's like living with cancer that affects everyone and is constantly faking remission only to return over and over for years and years.

I can't tell anyone if living this way is worse than losing the person. That's personal. But realistically we as human beings get over horrible # all the time. If the person never leaves then we never get a chance to get over it and move on with our lives. It just goes on and on and on and on causing destruction day after day and our lives are held hostage by that one person who sucks up all the attention, all the resources and puts out nothing but pain and misery.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I'll admit your reply was well put and has shown me up a little because you are absolutely right. I lost my mother 3 years ago to cancer and can honestly say she is in a better place than she was, her life was non existent once she was bed ridden so I can completely see what you are saying. Thanks for the well put reply it has certainly made me think

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
You seem to be nit picking now, anyone can see I was exaggerating.
But these boys and girls sure do love to play dress up and strap on all of that fear gear any time they get the chance!
A simple Google search will show a gauge of how bad things are getting, pretty bad IMHO when even Mayberry PD needs an MRAP.
These guys aren't looking to help, they wanna play cowboys and (insert word).
All the while generating revenue for the "war on drugs", "war on terror", war on the American people more like.
And there are apologists out there who keep on supporting them..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join