It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop pulls suicidal woman from train tracks with seconds to spare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

I'm not an apologist or any other such thing.

Ask a few of the cops around here who are particularly sensitive to notice all the threads about stories unfavorable to the profession, how much an apologist I am. I generally get as cold a shoulder from the hard core pro cop folks as I do the hard core anti cop folks.

That usually means I succeeded in finding a position somewhere in the middle, which is actually where I intend to be. As you well know, I was raised in a law enforcement household. These aren't cyborgs in blue with silver stars or badges to me. They are 800,000 or so individual men and women. Police work does attract, by the very nature of the work, a certain personality type.

Alphas is how it's termed. SUPER-Alpha in some cases. Within that class of people hide some of the more vicious behavioral disorders and mental issues society as a whole faces. Sometimes....Cop Shops miss the wackos in screening. Sometimes cops are just no good at their jobs or burn outs.

Among 800,000 individuals we'll find all sorts, from the worst to the best.

I just thought a positive thread was a nice thing for a change.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I've always wanted to ask this but never really wanted to as I don't live in the US and don't have a great knowledge of how it is over there. Every day I read something on ats on how the police are militarised and what not. But can I ask as an American what are you doing about it ? This isn't a joke question, it's aimed at everyone and not to make Americans look stupid just a genuine question

edit on 26-6-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

Edit: the way I see is nothing will change until a massive protest/revolt happens. And it's the same here in the UK
edit on 26-6-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join