It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA/NASA Caught With Their Pants Down On Global Warming Numbers...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

So are we just going to keep cutting down green stuff and keep burning oil and other things for fuel?

There are much better options.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

No, have you read any of my posts?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sup buddy?! Why you keep running off when you get proven wrong bro? Just trying to have civilized conversation.

C'mon Phage you are the only person on here who has given me a decent debate...quit running from your insecurities.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

We CAN do something about this!

To claim it is beyond our control and we just need to live and the dark and keep burning oil is not an option for some of us.

Planting more trees is a start. Many plant species can go from a seed to thriving green in a few months. We need to find alternatives to burning oil.

The fact is the oil industry has the most to loose by cleaning up the excessive CO2 in the atmosphere. They help fund pseudoscience research to keep the laws in their favor. The can hire 'experts' to back their claims that we are barely responsible for CO2 and claim there is nothing we can do about it. Which is exactly what you are doing.

The destruction of the planet for profit needs to stop. More people are waking up to this reality.

So I ask you, where did you get your degree? Can you name some PHDs that will back this claim up?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

My professor at Columbia was C Klein Butbudday...do you know him?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
They can run models as much as they want, in the end they have no idea how things will turn out. The biggest thing is the work is still using extremely small data sets.

I believe we are ending one ice age and transitioning in to the period between ice ages then who knows how long be for the start of the next ice age. Best guesses at best.

So what are we going to do about it manipulate the entire earth volume of atmosphere to create consistent global temperatures to create a climate over a long period of time to make the earth pleasant for humans. lol

Strap on and just enjoy the ride, in the end this wont be the first planet there will be others eventually.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

What are you on about? I have already said we can do something about it. Are you daft? It's like you are arguing with someone who agrees with you...kind of.
edit on 27-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
We are on the same page for the most part.

I just think we can do something to change our habits.

Destroying the planet for profit will only be an option for a finite amount of time.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I absolutely agree. I also think the only way to handle it is globalization... I just want it to be a free market global economy :-)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The first person to admit they need to change their habits is you Jrod.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
We are on the same page for the most part.

I just think we can do something to change our habits.

Destroying the planet for profit will only be an option for a finite amount of time.

Destroying the planet for profit?Hyperbole much?How is that going to happen?Complete conversion of the mass of the Earth into energy?
How about we can`t destroy the planet,we do not have the technology.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

[ raises hand ]

I have the answer.

All energy companies can convert to 501(c)(3).

That way 2 billion people might not be unemployed when they change over to solar.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

I have. If you take the time to read through my posts this is obvious.

Off the Grid!

Anyone who thinks we are not causing damage to the planet is living in the dark ages.
edit on 28-6-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Off the Grid!

Anyone who thinks we are not causing damage to the planet is living in the dark ages.

I only know one person off the grid and i mean no power, live on the land off the land, makes most of his tools. clothing kinda funny he is an old German guy been living in Australia for 50+ years was taught black smithing in his first 20 years in Germany. that is off the grid imo minimal impact on the earth full stop.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If you are off the grid how are you posting? Do you mean only the electrical grid? That's illegal in the majority USA so I'm interested in how you obtained it? I generate 85% of my own power but am required to be on the grid and give excess power back to SoCal Edison.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I've lived on a sailboat with solar and a battery bank for years. I have been able to get wifi through my cell or through various wifi hot spots. I know of several places where I can anchor out and have free wifi.

Not 100% off the grid, but much closer than most can dream.

Are you guys(not you ray) done trying to rip apart my credibility?
edit on 28-6-2014 by jrod because: PS, Are you trying to tell me living off the grid is illegal in most of the USA?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You are living my dream!! The wife and I are restoring a 1979 42' cruiser for when the kids are gone
I already upgraded the engine and the hull is perfect (fiberglass mono), so right now we are modernizing the interior.

That's for another thread
We'll have to compare pics.

edit: once the interior is done we are adding in solar panels and an upgraded battery bank.

edit on 28-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Please learn what the term temperature anomaly means and how it is calculated. (Hint, it is not the same as absolute temperatures). After having done so, revisit that idiotic blog. 2012 was the hottest year in North America on record.

You see, understanding the terms helps go a long way in understanding the science. The same applies to what the term heat wave index actually means. Yes, the heat waves of the 1930's have not been matched. But that's weather, not climate.

Wow... wait, wait, wait...

Did you just say/write that the warming in the 1930's were just caused by weather/climate anomalies and this is no proof of anything while at the same time claiming that because 2012 was the hottest year on record in the U.S and this is proof of anthropogenic global warming?...

So, you pretty much make an argument against using weather/climate anomalies" and then you used the same argument to justify AGW?...

I find it ironic, and alarming at the same time... Oh wait, it is you Phage nvm...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Off the Grid!

Oh right, so living in a boat, and using products that come from oil and other resources means you are not causing any damage to the environment... *sigh*... I swear it, sometimes I don't understand the illogical fallacies so many people keep coming up with...

BTW, I am not saying that we should freely polute the oceans, rivers, the entire Earth and it's atmosphere... But the fact that people can, and do have an influence on the environment is no proof that mankind is the cause for "Climate Change"...

The above is a similar argument made by the AGW crowd claiming that because in some instances in the long history of Earth that CO2 "almost" correlates to temperature changes, that CO2 is the cause of Global Warming. This is not true, more so when CO2 changes lag temperature changes by an average 800 years apart from each other. Not to mention the fact that there have been times when CO2 levels were as high or higher than now and there was global cooling, while at other times CO2 levels were lower than now and temperatures were higher...

edit on 28-6-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Actually, so you know, solar panels on a sailboat provide almost all the energy you need. You can also be under sail power for the entirety of a trip with the exception of trolling a harbor. I have actually had to flush my fuel system because of how rarely I use the engine.

I am in the process of upgrading my boat with all HE equipment. My fridge I installed last summer uses virtually no power (no freezer box on it). I also have a water reclamation system I installed a few years ago as well. My next upgrade is a natural gas stove over the propane. I may even do a natural gas generator and not use the diesel to recharge the battery system if I lack sunlight.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join