It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigation reveals grandmother of girl allegedly ask to leave KFC was lying!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

sources with deep knowledge of the investigation said exclusively to the Laurel Leader-Call. The sources spoke on the condition of strict anonymity because they were not permitted to speak on the record.

Yeah right...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Everyone is taking face value on this, its not proven. They have a lot to lose and the money to cover their tracks. Why people jump to conclusions and then swing the opposite without remaining somewhat neutral and listing possibilities, is beyond me.

Like assuming 'the elite cover up for each other', like assuming 'it seems like an odd thing to lie about' - those aren't too assumptions and conclusions being jumped to based on bias rather than any type of proof... and certainly show a complete lack of neutrality from the person who made the comments, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I have to agree with some who have posted that we don't have any proof this was a hoax, any more than we do proof it really happened. A source, unnamed, claims it's a hoax, and claims there was no such visit, no such order. Where is their proof? Why is their claim any more real than that of the grandmother? Yes, she certainly could have hoaxed the incident; people have done such things in the past. However, I think the proof should be shown, if it's real. Doesn't seem like the paper printing the article saw any such evidence.

Either way, the company handled the story well; stating that they didn't agree with such a thing being said, and offering compensation.

Any making death threats against employees should be arrested. That's beyond ridiculous. Banning the place IF someone made a comment like that is equally foolish. Firing an employee for it, I could see being reasonable, if the story was/is true.

The surgeon should do the work as he promised. It isn't the child's fault her grandparents kept dangerous animals, or that a lie was told, IF one was told. Helping her is the right thing, regardless of the details.

I'd think releasing the surveillance videos of the time period in question would clear up whether they were in the restaurant or not.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
No one should go there.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
Why people jump to conclusions about KFC without remaining somewhat neutral and listing possibilities, is beyond me."

Do you think anyone wrote that? Did you?

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: Grimpachi

Two possibilities to consider with such little information to go on...

1. Grandma is lying (which would be my first guess)

2. The offender actually felt sorry for the little girl, and decided to sacrifice their minimum wage job so that she wouldn't be disfigured AND poor for the rest of her life.

Either way, KFC is the one getting screwed here.

P. S. I have a third guess as well, but I'll keep that one to myself until we get some more information.
other thread

Sorry Charles but I just had to.
edit on 24-6-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I've been following the threads on here about this story. What just popped into my mind after seeing this one was whose pit bulls caused the damage to the childs face to begin with. Why it was her own Grandfathers' three precious pit bulls.

Pit Bull Attack on Victoria Wilcher

Not to say that this little precious baby girl deserved this attack, none do, these dogs are VERY dangerous, I've had to deal with neighbors who've had them, my family elsewhere too.

It just seems that they are milking the situation that they themselves have put their grand daughter in to begin with. It's a shameful thing if this is true.
edit on 24-6-2014 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Alaskan proverb:
Believe NOTHING you hear, and only HALF of what you see.

It has served me well!

Perhaps this was a planned attack on KFC by a rival company.
Maybe the 'independent' investigation was a phoney cover-up.
Maybe the grandmother is a liar.

The only way we get played is if we allow ourselves to be sucked into the drama.
edit on 2u66America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

So you're saying the best solution is total apathy?

Assume everything is a lie and you won't ever be fooled? Er, okay...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadySkadi
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

You know what? I never understood why people always take up a fund to donate to people when something mean happens to them. Bus attendant gets bullied by some kids and cries - send her some money. Waitress claims she got a nasty note about lesbianism, instead of a tip - send her money (oh she lied too), Little kid gets bullied in a fast food chain - send some money. Why? Just weird.

It is super weird now that I think about it. I it's just an easy war for people to feel like they are making a difference. But surely it would be better to donate to an anti bullying organization or something, whatever fits the particular incident.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
So KFC just apologizes and offers money without even talking to the employees to get their version of what happened?

The seems hard to believe from several directions.

If true, grandma is a real piece of work.

Businesses are also liers, it is always possible they made a deal to call it a hoax, deal with the family and the employee to get money and say it was a lie. Who knows but it is odd that they didn't simply talk to the employees from that day and find it untrue come forward and say employees dispute this, instead on National news I saw and apology.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Anyone else notice that even in a made up lie the Grandma only purchased food and drink for herself and nothing for the child? I would say it's pretty damning when even in a fantasy you neglect the child in your care.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: LadySkadi
Hush now, I'm trying to think of some kind of gimmick for me to cry to the public about.
I'ma get me one of them new Hummers if they open the doors back up!

/sarcasm

Funny how we let the opportunities pass. I once got a large bottle of RC Coal and it had a fat rat in it that took up most of the bottle, never drank RC cola again. Once at Taco Bell back when I ate meat, I got a taco with what looked like half a human tooth in it, nearly broke my tooth on it and was so sick wondering about it, helped me go vegetarian.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Everyone is taking face value on this, its not proven. They have a lot to lose and the money to cover their tracks. Why people jump to conclusions and then swing the opposite without remaining somewhat neutral and listing possibilities, is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Like assuming 'the elite cover up for each other',

Kidding right? how much proof of these things over time does one need to be aware?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamie6737
No one should go there.

Suppose you own a business and ONE nasty employee says something horrid to a customer...why should the owner and the other employees be punished I am sure they would all be as astounded as we are about anyone doing such a miserable weird thing!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No matter what happened, the end result is that this world is crazier than it's ever been.

If true, Granny is one disgusting individual.

If not, the KFC employee (s) is one disgusting individual.

In both cases, disgusting is the main word and in any case it just represents a cruel reality...

This world is screwed up.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Kidding right? how much proof of these things over time does one need to be aware?

Because it's an assumption, and the poster said assumptions shouldn't be made. Not sure you felt the need to abridge my post though.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My heart is breaking even more for this little girl now... not only did she have to experience an animal attack, and all the medical trauma that followed... but those who are supposed to love her and protect her used her tragic situation for financial gain.

I pray there are some good people in her life to protect and nurture her. I can't imagine how she will look back on this situation years from now, when she is old enough to understand what happened.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
So KFC just apologizes and offers money without even talking to the employees to get their version of what happened?

The seems hard to believe from several directions.

If true, grandma is a real piece of work.

Not really. Given the litigious nature of society, this has become a common method of damage control which is sad in that it encourages these sort of scams.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Because it's an assumption, and the poster said assumptions shouldn't be made. Not sure you felt the need to abridge my post though.

Things that have been proved are NOT assumptions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join