It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigation reveals grandmother of girl allegedly ask to leave KFC was lying!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Story is no Hoax...

Disfigured Toddler's Family Says Mississippi KFC Incident Is 'Not a Hoax
abcnews.go.com...

KFC said it is "committed" to donating $30,000 to a little girl who was allegedly asked to leave a restaurant due to her scars, despite allegations that the incident was a hoax.

But a family member says accusations that the story is a hoax are "untrue."

I feel really sad for this little girl...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

That story did nothing to make me think this isn't a hoax... but who knows. This story only says that the family says it is not a hoax - which of course you would expect them to say no matter the reality.

The entire situation sucks, no matter who you believe.

From the link (bolding mine):

Rick Maynard, a spokesman for KFC, provided an updated statement from KFC, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, this afternoon, saying, "Like the rest of America, the KFC family has been moved by the story of Victoria’s injuries and recovery. After the alleged incident was reported to us, two investigations took place, including one by an independent investigator. Neither revealed any evidence that the incident occurred and we consider the investigation closed. We are honoring our commitment to make a $30,000 donation to assist with Victoria’s medical bills. We hope everyone keeps Victoria in their thoughts and prayers. She will certainly be in ours."

An unnamed source this week told a local newspaper in Laurel, Mississippi, that surveillance video does not show a customer matching Mullins' description and that no records could be found matching Mullins' claim of ordering mashed potatoes and sweet tea around the time when she said she visited the restaurant.

The owner of the KFC franchise, Hannon Food Services, told WAPT-TV today that hundreds of hours were spent reviewing video surveillance.
"As of today, neither Hannon Food Services nor the outside firm involved in the consultation has found any evidence to verify that the incident took place at our restaurant on Woodrow Wilson Drive. Nevertheless, we'll continue to exhaust every possible avenue until we're absolutely sure we have all the facts," Hannon Food said in a statement.

On April 28, Teri Rials Bates, who describes herself as Victoria's aunt, started a GoFundMe page to help pay for medical bills, according to the website. The page has raised more than $134,000 with the goal of raising $200,000.

edit on 24-6-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Dear Bone75,

Thank you, over and over. I WAS WRONG. I WRONGED BONE75. I'M SORRY.

I'm glad you caught that. I said I didn't have the heart to look at that thread again, but I see that I should have. I will send you a quarter, if you can think of a way for me to get it to you, or I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet.

I'm sorry.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Personally, I find it difficult to believe that no one ordered sweet tea and MP&G in the same order at either store in a whole day...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

I don't think KFC has the balls to first kick some one out of their restaurant and then after the outrage, call them straight up liars.
If it really happened they would be getting that out of every media outlet possible, well in IMO anyway
And i find it strange that it was the lady that set up the donation is the one saying it wasn't a hoax. Where is the comment from the grandmother.
I feel really bad for her too, her family taking advantage of her like this.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I read this story on Drudge. If the video doesn't show them in the store----isn't that proof that the old bat was lying to collect sympathy and money?
I feel doubly sorry for the child. It was this same set of grandparents, if the reported story is accurate, that had the dogs that attacked the child. So, it seems that rather than take responsibility for her own actions, she prefers to make up stories to lessen her guilt about keeping dangerous dogs that mauled her grandchild. Just shows that not all scumbags inhabit the halls of government.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaphneApollo
I've been following the threads on here about this story. What just popped into my mind after seeing this one was whose pit bulls caused the damage to the childs face to begin with. Why it was her own Grandfathers' three precious pit bulls.

Pit Bull Attack on Victoria Wilcher

Not to say that this little precious baby girl deserved this attack, none do, these dogs are VERY dangerous, I've had to deal with neighbors who've had them, my family elsewhere too.

It just seems that they are milking the situation that they themselves have put their grand daughter in to begin with. It's a shameful thing if this is true.

Pitbulls are no more dangerous than any other domesticated breed. You can go to the national canine research council webite, the Centers for Disease control website for up-to-date statistics and other info. In fact, more people are actually bitten by Golden retrievers and Labradors but that won't sell news papers will it ?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DexteramLucifer
Actually you are wrong about pit bulls. They are by far the most dangerous breed of dog. This is not a truth this is a fact.

They were breed for fighting and it shows. Are they all bad....NO. Should you have to have special training to own them......YES. This goes for wolf half breeds also.
edit on 25-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DexteramLucifer

Also to back up what I am saying with......FACTS. In 2013 32 people were killed out of the 32....25 killed by pitbulls.

This took me 2 seconds to get. And it is not personal truth like your statement it is a......FACT. And thanks to the poster below.

edit on 25-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Just to update everyone:

Case closed: KFC confirms employee did NOT kick out 3-year-old pit bull attack victim from Mississippi restaurant

But KFC, who pledged $30,000 to the girl’s family for her care, easily debunked the tall tale, finding, for example, that Mullins and little Victoria never set foot in a Jackson KFC on May 15, much less were kicked out. One investigation was carried out by KFC, while a third party did a more thorough review.

“Neither revealed any evidence that the incident occurred and we consider the investigation closed,” KFC said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

The family had earlier posted on a Facebook page dedicated to tracking the girl’s recovery that the story was not a hoax.

“It is not over until KFC releases a statement,” the family wrote.

But after KFC closed the case, the family dismantled the Facebook page and could not be reached for comment. And the gofundme.com campaign page for the girl was suspended and refunds offered to those who had donated, CNN reported.

"In lieu of the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the 'Victoria's Victories' online fundraising effort, GoFundMe has temporarily suspended the campaign until the full truth is made clear," a statement from CEO Brad Damphousse said.

The good news is the surgeon who offered up his services is still willing to help out.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Funny cause my 2 second search brought up that it was 32, so your FACT, is wrong

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sounds like the family was lying......Is this a crime? Who is the legal guardian of this child? It is weird that we have never seen the parents. Are they alive? So many questions.

I applaud KFC and the doctor in Vegas. This poor girl deserve a fair shot in this world. And hopefully this doctor can help her out.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi

It's so we can feel better about ourselves. "I would never do or say anything so horrible!"

I do applaud, however, the people who helped the little girl, including the plastic surgeon who offered his services for free.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It is just despicable that this family would do this to the child.
Especially with that sob story about her being scared for life from the incident.
KFC should make a clause that not a single penny get's used outside of her medical expense, have no problem with her benefiting with this, no way she was part of this plan but the family doesn't deserve a dime.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You are right my figure was only for part of the year I will edit my post and thank you.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Did you bother checking the fact that those stats lump all breeds considered to be "pitbulls" together when in fact they are scientifically different ? Not to mention most of those reported dog bites were from an incorrectly indentified dog. And just an fyi, there is no "pitbull" breed. That is just a slang term of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire terrier breeds. Here, this is from the American Veterinary Medical Association compiled in Dec. 2013

Recent Study

But back to the point at hand, this whole thing was a lie anyway. But that just goes to show that even w/o any proper investigations, people were ready to have the accused employees head on a stick, and were ready to shut down a restaurant. And they wonder why people tend to think less of America and the whole of the world's population in general. Useful idiots indeed

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Glad it's a hoax after all. But seriously being disfigured shouldn't prevent anyone from dinning at a KFC. Have you seen how fugly some of the people behind the counter there are. I doubt any of them would have asked another to leave because of their looks. If they did that sorta thing you'd think they'd be kicking a lot more homeless people out because of their various odors. So all of it didn't add up to begin with.

Yes I know my post is offensive to KFC workers. Yes I still enjoy eating there from time to time. No I don't make fun of anyone because they are ugly. Just pointing out the truth that someone ugly probably ain't going to ask another ugly person leave.

Yes, Yes I know this post is very un PC.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aisling
I would say that the child should have the surgeries to help her out, of that there can be no doubt. That any and all of the money and donations be used for that purpose. However, for the people who did this hoax, they should be charged with fraud and spend time in jail.

And even if nothing is done legally against this family, the employees of the KFC dealing with the harassment of such, could end up suing the family or person who did this for a lot of money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join