It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.0 - 24km SE of Little Sitkin Island, Alaska TSUNAMI WARNING IN EFFECT

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Check out the swarm, Ring of Fire pressure has been building for a while. Personally, I watch solar weather to predict quakes, and we've had a double CME in the past two days that would be hitting us today. However, its my understanding that along with solar energy impacts, there is a sort of "earthquake season" from Jan-July. Obviously the time frame doesn't and/or won't matter much, if you follow the magnetic pole shift theory.

USGS Daily Earthquake Tracker Map

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
Really stupid question does earthquakes happen often around Alaska? That is a big one. a reply to: alienjuggalo

first thing i thought was ' Alaska?' unusual.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: GoShredAK

Seriously, getting to higher ground cannot hurt. I would, even if nothing happens where you are...As pointed out above, better safe than sorry.

yeah I'm taking my lunch and going to get the fam.

I think were safe so far, but I'm not gonna play around here.

thanks ATS!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

By the way! Did you seen the 6.0 and the 5.9 that occured right after? 3 earthquakes (to me, a 6 ain't no baby tremor), all about 20 mins apart.

Any earthquake experts know if that will begin building pressure again?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

the japan tsunami went a lot further than 2 blocks, please get somewhere safe and high

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
holy cow people I'm on the Kenai peninsula in the town of Kenai.

do I need to leave work, grab my family and head to higher ground or what?

freakin me out, not kidding. I'm kind of enclosed in the inlet but still live about two blocks from the coast

Ask your boss...if you see him sneaking out the door i would be 1 second behind him.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Amchitka, Alaska, reports a Tsunami of 0.6 feet; depth of earthquake will limit the extent of the danger, @NWSAnchorage says

see original on twitter.com

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

True, the depth is at 114 KM. which makes it less likely for any tsunami's.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Did you see the aftershock list? They are happening all around the island, SSW, NNE, etc. Hope folks there are ok. I'd personally be spooked just about now and would hit the mountains for a day at least. The last big Alaska quake tsunami in the 60s went up the side of mountains like nobody's business. Stay safe everyone.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Oh SH#$

Adak, Alaska, reports water leaving harbor, people heading to higher ground after tsunami warning issued for area - @NWSAlaska

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Next big earthquake will hit at California possibly. It is the nature of the Ring Of Fire.

Let's hope it won't though. I just had a bad dream about it yesterday...where cali was obliterated by a tsunami that covered 90% of the state.

My dreams have never come true before, so I'm sure nothing will come of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Did any ATSers predict earthquakes or tsunamis in Alaska this month?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

freakin me out, not kidding. I'm kind of enclosed in the inlet but still live about two blocks from the coast

My sister is there also and her family.
edit on 23-6-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Caitlinfae called it in the Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction thread, both location area & mag area, IMO.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
Just got back to work, I had to run home just in case something big happened. I was a half hour late back lol
, oops.

I think your family should be safe. It seems the Tsunami has no chance of reaching here. I'm just paranoid

I think we will be unaffected but I'm still feeling pretty nervous. Especially since New Zealand and the Aleutians are still moving around.

peace my friend

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Ask your boss...if you see him sneaking out the door i would be 1 second behind him.

Lol, I would have to be the one to let him know a tsunami was coming.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyteeny

the japan tsunami went a lot further than 2 blocks, please get somewhere safe and high

Thank you

While I'm not somewhere safe and high, I am on high alert, and ready to book it if I have to.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: Moresby

Caitlinfae called it in the Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction thread, both location area & mag area, IMO.

Cool.

Interesting method of prediction. But I think I'd rather not know than have those symptoms. Yuck!

Poor Caitlinfae.

<< 1    3 >>

join