It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe
Thank you so much....I'm full of anticipation with this. Maybe some kind of solution, at least partial, for the first time. I did notice the solar stuff in Donttreadonme's Solar Watch thread that I had totally missed up till now, and it felt really good that maybe I wasn't imagining it after all. I'm now wondering about the earth effects and how she will react if the flare strikes us at all. It's been relatively quiet recently.

I've also been wondering recently about levels of toxins and how they affect our sensitivity. I had a very synchronistic conversation over the weekend with a lady who visited my tearoom and we got talking about why I'm doing what I do. Long story very short here, but I'm self employed (read.."earning almost no money") after a long time working in the corporate world, and my last slave contract was as a petrol station manager. When I told her this, she started asking me about whether or not I was affected bu petrochemical fumes...well yes, all day every day...very busy station, did deliveries, tank dips, everything...not healthy. The conversation ended up with her referring me to her holistic dentist who also works with various methods to help clear petrochemical and heavy metal toxins from the body. It's something I had wondered about, mostly in relation to vaccines, so it was kinda weird. Then today...watching a Neil Sanders video about electronic mind control,suddenly he was also talking about toxicity and fibromyalgia possibly being linked. So I dunno...maybe there is some weird kind of electromagnetic, toxic thing going on that makes us really sensitive. I just don't feel that it's natural that we should be so disabled by the earth and the sun doing what they do.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae

I cannot wait to actually get this going. It's been a huge thing for me researching this sensitivity stuff with the sun and quakes. The sun is what I focused on primarily starting in summer of 2010. I read everything I could and learned all I could. I only regret not keeping better records.

I have ADD and OCD makes it very hard, even with medication and lots of great ways of organizing (iPad is a wonder for doing all work) though my issue lies in deciding my method of organizing. Like I have a dozen different writing apps that all are capable of doing great things but when I sit to do a project like this one I have to choose what will be the best format to use and the process to make it happen with he least hassle and I get stuck in the middle of a project (like right now! Lol) I hate it because it's a fairly simple issue but I get frustrated. I am a perfectionist and if I have a vision for the way I want to do something and the end product, I do what I can to make that happen.

This forum presents an issue with using BBCode and I write everything in what's called MarkDown so I have to make sure everything converts properly and or find another method. So I figured I could do a separate document and hyperlink it here and then all pictures and text show as they are supposed to. I'd like everything to be easy to view and access as well as understand.

I could just give you all a bunch of links and say "here" but that to me, isn't very helpful. In this busy world we live in, not everyone has time to sit and learn about every little detail in order to understand a few graphs. What we need to know is fairly simple, but it's overwhelming if you aren't good at math or physics. So even the stuff geared for school children can still leave you scratching your head and the part you are confused about might not even be anything terribly necessary to know right away in detail. Though, I believe people can learn without needing to know that much info. I have a math learning disability! So, I've had to learn to get past not being able to understand all these physics equations that surround the data and just take it at face value. If one really wants to dig deep into it, they can later. I encourage that.

Anyway. Please let me know though if there is anything specific you have a question about? Basically I will be breaking it down using spaceweather.com as a start and how I navigate to get the info and then explaining what those things mean and how they are used etc. Reading the X-ray plots are the first thing I will cover.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Morning....
Thank you so much for putting so much effort into this, and I can't wait to get really dug into it. I'm not a scientist, but I'm a long way from stupid too, being much more creative, so explanations rather than equations suit me fine.

First of all, a couple of links for things that popped up this morning on my travels.

This is a link to the Dutchsinse FB page and he seems to be pretty much on the money when it comes to space weather and earthquakes...upsets a lot of people with what he says, but hey ho.

Dutchsinse

And here is a link to footage of the 2 X class flares from the 10th, which might cause problems with earthquakes and radio interference around the 13th. As he says...expect earthquakes to pick back up dramatically in the next few days or less (6.0M + 7.0M).. usually when the physical particle blast arrives..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I wanted to mention on this thread that my dog is acting strangely. He's hiding inside an end table, which he's never done before. My previous dog (the same breed) did this same thing exactly once in his life--the day we had a two moderate earthquakes in 1994 here in eastern PA. My dog will come out to go to the bathroom or eat, but he goes back inside the end table immediately thereafter. Of course, could be absolutely nothing. Still, this is making me a bit nervous.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Sounds like you will love what I have planned. I am pretty visual though I love to write. So I found a way to incorporate text, graphics and do it all in a way that is comprehensive as a guide. The end result should be kinda like an info graphic. I'm having a blast putting it together. I am going to need some feedback on whether this looks like the way to go, and if you U2U me I will give you a look at what I have so far and what I have in mind.

I know there is so much info out there about this stuff, no one place seems to have the information explained and presented in a satisfactory way (IMO) this proves itself when I see people majorly being confused in spite of the info out there. People confuse CME's with Flares and such. It's sooo common. I wanna help fix that. So this might help.

As for dutchsinse I haven't watched that guys stuff in ages. Never thought too highly of him as he's a bit dramatic and some of the things he's talked about concerning weather radar and his penchant to make up his own lingo which is somewhat irritating as it causes confusion. I cannot recall off the top of my head an example but it had to do with weather radar anomalies and I am very knowledgeable about the subject of weather radar and he had people in a frenzy over nothing basically.

It's so hard with these kinds of things to know what something is and what it isn't and what could be associated with what but it's the way he was so absolute sounding and acting very authoritative that turned me off. Making absolute claims can be touchy in my book. I personally, avoid it and if I do, disclaiming the crap out of what I'm saying so it's clear. I'll check his channel out though anyway as it's been awhile.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetpeanc

Keep us up to date on how he's doing. WoQ has cats that are quite sensitive too.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just now got this email and thought I'd share it. You guys may know of Zooniverse.com citizen science. They have a lot of fun stuff like categorizing images of galaxies and stuff. There is a new one out it looks like and it's up our alley. Here's a blurb from the email I got.

There's a new Zooniverse project online today: Sunspotter. Essentially a game of hot-or-not for sunspot data; you are shown two images of sunspot groups and asked which is more complex. That might sound odd at first, but it's really quite easy when you try it - and extremely useful in helping astronomers understand the physics of our star, the Sun. Sunspotter actually went live a few months ago, but there wasn't much data at the time, so we didn't share the link very widely. Now the results from that first trial have been validated and the science works! A new batch of more than 200,000 images has been added to the site and we need everyone to help us rank them in order of complexity.

Here's the link to the project. Sunspotter I think I will take a break from writing and classify some spots, myself.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Can't wait to see what you've put together...
U2U in the mail.

I'm really sore this morning, and it started about 8pm last night...not good at all, just general pain and stiffness in all my limbs.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Just logging some symptoms, folks. I've had a really good week...have been trying baking soda twice a day and with a fair bit of success...very little pain, much less tiredness, feeling almost back to normal. Till this morning.

this could well be cos I totally over did it and got all carried away last night and went to help my other half with a landscaping job as his son couldn't make it to work with him. Yup...landscaping. Moving all kinds of junk out of a garden, like piles of wood, old treadmills, buckets of stuff, you name it...not the fun stuff like actually working on the garden....just the prep. Didn't take long, maybe 2 hours, but was very hard work, and I felt fine. Big result for me and the baking soda, or so I thought.

This morning, my symptoms are the worst they've ever been...pain everywhere, even in my feet, sore neck, headaches, feeling very drowsy and sick, absolutely no energy, and if I worked for someone else, I would be having a duvet day for sure. Maybe it's all because I was silly enough to think I might be back to somewhere close to normal, or maybe there is something else brewing. How are you all feeling today?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Aw, sorry you're not feeling well!
Maybe it IS from doing too much.
All that bending, stooping, dragging & lifting,
would have used so many different muscle groups at once!
It was probably like an intense, 2 hour work out!!!

I just thought of something...
it could be over doing it aaand eq symptoms!!! Double whammy!!!
I'm not feeling anything yet, but I do have some ear ringing.
I'll have to check with hubby when he comes home from work.
We have both been feeling pretty good the last couple of weeks.

But there were a few days, when we felt like a big one must be coming.
Kept checking...but nothing!!! Not even solar that I could see!
So I don't know what that was???

That's interesting about the baking soda!
Is it supposed to help with inflammation?
I put some in my morning tea/coffee when my pH is too low.
I'll have to watch & see how low pH matches the days I don't feel well!

I love, 'a duvet day'!!! I'll have to remember that one!!!
Hope you bounce back quickly!!!
WOQ

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Glad to hear you've had a good couple of weeks...
I'm not as bad as I expected to be at this time of day...still really really sore, exhausted but not sleepy. Still have a headache and am ravenously hungry. I hadn't thought that it might be a combination of factors, but if I had to pin down a location, I would say Alaska, since that's where the headache thing usually leads. I hope not, as a headache means a 7 plus.

I'm not sure how the bicarb soda thing works, but I'm guessing it has to do with inflammation. I don't even know how I managed to miss it in all my internet searching for fibro solutions, but my other half found it about 10 days ago, and I thought, well...why not? It kicked in very quickly, in about 2 days, and I had whole days with almost no pain at all, maybe a 1 when I'm usually about a 5. Today has been a solid 7, I would say.

I know what you mean about expectation too....like I'm waiting and waiting for something to shift, something to change the game, and it never arrives. It's almost like it will be fake, or manufactured when it does happen, as if natural events aren't bad enough on their own, but I have this instinct that whatever "it" is, it's being delayed or rearranged for human reasons. I don't know....I'm blethering now.......

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Wow! Awesome call on Alaska & then some! Ha, ha, ha!

24km SE of Little Sitkin Island, Alaska
2014-06-23 20:53:10 UTC
114.4 km

85km SSE of Raoul Island, New Zealand
2014-06-23 20:06:19 UTC
20.0 km

87km SSE of Raoul Island, New Zealand
2014-06-23 19:21:48 UTC
20.0 km

96km SSE of Raoul Island, New Zealand
2014-06-23 19:19:16 UTC
20.0 km

Hubby said he felt awful all day at work.
He thought he got 'glutenized'!
I started feeling weak & sleepy a little while ago,
& when I checked, only the three 6's were there.

Never expected an 8 yet though!
I did think three 6's in NZ & in less than an hour was weird,
& thought something bigger must still be building there.

You must be really in tune!!!
That's what I haven't figured out yet.
Why I get worse symptoms with some 6's,
& not much with an 8!

Maybe location has something to do with it,
but I would think Alaska would bother me more
than a 6 farther away from me?!
Sure is a puzzle!!!
WOQ

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Lots of ongoing aftershocks!!!
And another 6.9!

Rat Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska
2014-06-24 00:52:28 UTC
101.7 km

Wonder if NZ will answer back???
WOQ

Oops, it just did!
But the time was before the last one in Alaska!
I guess Alaska was answering NZ!!!

Kermadec Islands, New Zealand
2014-06-24 00:46:05 UTC
10.0 km
edit on 23-6-2014 by wasobservingquietly because: Another one!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: caitlinfae
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Glad to hear you've had a good couple of weeks...
I'm not as bad as I expected to be at this time of day...still really really sore, exhausted but not sleepy. Still have a headache and am ravenously hungry. I hadn't thought that it might be a combination of factors, but if I had to pin down a location, I would say Alaska, since that's where the headache thing usually leads. I hope not, as a headache means a 7 plus.

Spot on call, Cait, spot on
How are you feeling in it's wake?
I hope you're well

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Wow! Another 6.6 in Alaska!
They just keep on coming!!!
No wonder hubby feels like crap!!!
WOQ

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Seriously this is nuts! I've not been well the past days myself and I was not sure what my problem was. Today was crazy with a vice grip headache and nausea. My knee is pretty painful too for some reason today. I have been hungry as all heck too. I bought corn chips day before yesterday and ate the whole bag. Didn't even think about it. Things have been busy and I've just been trying to get stuff done. My solar project is kinda on hold, but still in the works.

Noticed the neighborhood dogs barking more lately and birds freaking out. We have a nest right outside my apartment and I watch them come and go all the time and they have been very vocally panicked sounding.

I'm finally starting to feel more normal but around the time of the quake I was not doing well at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Oh my god....what the hell have I done!
I'm totally shocked about this. There is a bit of me that's like "YES!!!....I'm not crazy after all!"and most of me is just disbelief. At least it was Alaska and no one got hurt that I read about. Let's hope the tsunami warnings come to nothing too. It was within 5 degrees of where I live so maybe that's why I felt it so badly. I'm not too bad this morning, but very very groggy and having trouble focusing my eyes. Still sore, but nothing like yesterday. Back in a bit...dog needs out.

Ok...back in bed with tea and toast and dog, and still scratching my head over this. The Alaska thing still surprises me, but at least I can recognise the symptoms now. I'm wondering about New Zealand though, and if I felt that and just didn't pick it up. When I was in my exhausted but not sleepy state last night, I was bibbling on the internet and looking at old X Factor auditions. (sorry!) From New Zealand and Australia., so I actually had to type that into search engines. Can't prove it now, but there it is. I will pay closer attention to the rubbish I watch online when I'm feeling bad from now on.
As for physical symptoms, my left leg and particularly my ankle were very sore and sensitive yesterday, so maybe that's something I can map for the future as a possible New Zealand indicator. I will keep an eye on that one.

This morning, now I'm a bit more awake...slight headache, a little sharp on the right hand side, maybe a hefty aftershock to come? Feeling a lot better than yesterday, but just wiped out really. Hope you're all feeling better. Any other symptoms surfacing?

Also, just checked Spaceweather, and there have been at least 2 glancing blows from CME's in the last 24 hours.

Just found this...from Dutchsinse. Might explain why my headache is building a little. This was posted 3 hours ago, so after the 8 mag in Alaska.

Another larger earthquake might soon occur at a shallow depth in Alaska. Keep watch.

Over the past hour, an additional 6.7M earthquake struck in Alaska.. occurring at a much more shallow depth... approximately 20 miles deep as opposed to the other 70 mile deep larger events several hours ago.

This indicates aftershocks and fracturing occurring VERTICALLY heading towards the surface.

I would expect another large earthquake much closer to the surface in the near term as the "aftershocks" of the plate fracture spread upwards (and outwards) towards adjacent faults.

edit on 24-6-2014 by caitlinfae because: adding lots of stuff

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
How are you all doing today? I still have a bit of a headache...that weird kind of in the middle of my head thing that seems to mean Alaskan earthquakes. Not nearly so sore today though.

I've also had the word Kodiak stuck in my head all day, and it's at the other end of the Aleutian chain fro where the recent quakes are, so who knows...I just keep hearing it, so I thought I would log it. I still feel like there is an aftershock missing somehow.

Hope you're all ok....any other symptoms popping up?

Actually...my dog is acting very oddly this afternoon. He has his head under my arm as I try to type, with his chin on the keyboard. He's a bit clingy and off his food slightly too, but if I remember rightly, he was like this when my neighbours dog died a few months ago. Another neighbour lost their 15 year old dog this morning, so maybe he's just feeling them move on.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't have much in the way of symptoms today,
just really hungry again & a feeling of being weighted down!!!

Hubby on the other hand, won't even talk about how he's feeling!!!
That usually seems to be more of a solar thing for him though.
I asked him what his symptom number was today & he just growled!!!

Ha, ha, ha! There's your sign!!!

Our granddaughter has been here the last two days,
& he usually doesn't show his 'thorny' side when any grandkids are around!
I was really surprised! Whatever it is, must really be bothering him!

He was feeling awful yesterday & the day before.
He said his symptoms were a 6 or a 7 when he came home yesterday.
Of course, the eqs were still a few hours away yet then.

He ran in to see how our grandson was doing with fixing his car.
Then he came home & went to lay down without even eating supper!
So yeah, something is up, just not sure what!!!
WOQ

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Morning...just logging that I have a migraine, a rare event for me these days...ache, severe neck and arm pain, dizziness, feeling like i'm going to throw up, pain under my left ear too, as well as long my forehead. Hasn't really gone away for a couple of days now, and there has been a 5 in the Aleutians in the last hour or so. I keep looking at Kodiak when I check on USGS, like something should have happened.

How are you all feeling today?

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join