It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Massive Canadian Anti-Bush protest....that wasn't

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What happened? I was under the impression from our "slightly" biased media that anti-Bush protesters from across the country were mobilzing a "never been seen before" show of solidarity against Dubya the antichrist

- 100,000 were promised

- riot police were ready in full force

...and barely 4,000 people showed up

and other than a couple of the mandatory professional G8 instigators.... it was the protest that wasn't

I guess the vocal minority in this country is a lot smaller than they, and the media would have us believe....or the NHL started back up and everyone had better things to do

[edit on 1-12-2004 by rayzor11]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think Canadians in general just couldn't be bothered with Bush. Personally I think re-runs of Doogie Howser MD is much more intriguing than seeing an elected baffoon spew vebal diarrhea infront of a crowd.

Lukefj

PS. I hope Bush gets the memo that we're really grateful he visited Atlantic Canada to thank them for taking in all of the American passengers during 911. He's only 3 years late...what a moron. At this point he really shouldn't have bothered, it really is disgraceful.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Really...try 10,000+ . I've seen the pictures bud even though they have been banned on TV(well maybe not banned but not front page stuff either as I have heard from friends who were at the protest that is was pretty peaceful no Black Bloq jokers this time that they saw). As for the vocal minority well it ain't no minority as alot of people think that bush is a moron and most of us would rather protest silently at home cursing bush(and plus we most of us Canadians are not completely nutz to brave the cold either, if bush woulda done his visit in the summer 100,000+ people would have been a low estimate
i know i wouldve been one of them ). The only place where bush is liked by the majority in canada are the Prairies(Manitoba and Alberta) and the East Coast. But the Majority of Canadians don't live in the Prairies or the East Coast they live in the 6 Major Citys(around 60% of the population BTW)

Oh yeah and as Lukefj pointed out he is 3 years late in thanking the country that helped the most in the aftermath of 911. A simple thank you woulda been enough...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Really...try 10,000+ . I've seen the pictures bud even though they have been banned on TV(well maybe not banned but not front page stuff either as I have heard from friends who were at the protest that is was pretty peaceful no Black Bloq jokers this time that they saw). As for the vocal minority well it ain't no minority as alot of people think that bush is a moron and most of us would rather protest silently at home cursing bush(and plus we most of us Canadians are not completely nutz to brave the cold either, if bush woulda done his visit in the summer 100,000+ people would have been a low estimate
i know i wouldve been one of them ). The only place where bush is liked by the majority in canada are the Prairies(Manitoba and Alberta) and the East Coast. But the Majority of Canadians don't live in the Prairies or the East Coast they live in the 6 Major Citys(around 60% of the population BTW)

Oh yeah and as Lukefj pointed out he is 3 years late in thanking the country that helped the most in the aftermath of 911. A simple thank you woulda been enough...

10,000 plus huh? I'd love to see where that number came from.

So you are saying that the outraged majority of Bush haters in Canada are so enraged and so mobilized against this empirical tyrant...that if it had been a little warmer out, another 100,000+ would've shown up? Instead, they decided to stay home. Sounds convincing to me. Us Canadians sure are afraid of the cold

Ottawa gets a bigger crowd for a 67's game...w/o all the free buses!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think the 10,000+ number likely came from the organized rally's in all of the major cities yesterday. As I understand it there were protests in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Ottawa, likely in Halifax, Edmonton/Calgary also.

Living in Ottawa, I don't think there were 10,000 protesters yesterday...I certainly didn't see them around town.

Lukefj

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Actually, I had better stuff to do. Like apply for jobs, since I'm unemployed right now. Besides, a protest isn't going to change a lot to the little masquerade Paul Martin and W. had going.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
PS. I hope Bush gets the memo that we're really grateful he visited Atlantic Canada to thank them for taking in all of the American passengers during 911. He's only 3 years late...what a moron. At this point he really shouldn't have bothered, it really is disgraceful.

IMO - 3 years late because of our very own "moron" - Chretien

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Chretien didn't need to be thanked, the people who were so hospitable and genrous should have been. That alone warrants a visit wether you like our PM of the time or not.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Edited. Sorry to all the canadians I made mad, It was just a joke, sorry. Besides, I don't have a narrow veiw of the world, I just like South Park: Bigger, Longer, and UnCut a little to much. How many Americans do you know that can speak japanese? Hell, I can even read a bit of it, maybe not enough to read a book but to get around Japan on vacation.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by James the Lesser]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
James the Lesser... I'm French Canadian. Do you care to say something about me?

I love it how just having French blood makes you weaker, apparently. I thought we left that kind of sh!t in Nazi Germany.

EDITED to remove personal attack.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Otts]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
James....

Lukefj

EDIT to remove slander after apology was provided:

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Canadians are wimps, to much of the french culture in them, so of course they didn't protest.

Canadians are wimps....that is rich. Need I remind you of our roles in WW1 and WW2? As for having too much french in us well I welcome it because French-Canadias are the best to party with. If ya don't know that you obviously never been there and for that I pity you.

Hell, they had a riot and the US troops were called in cause the canuck riot team weren't able to handle it, bet they glad the people didn't come out and protest.

Which riot are you talking about? I am unfamiliar with any riot the needed US troops to resolve. I remember the Anti-Mike Harris riots that were started by the riot police(i was there and saw it with my own eyes and also got pepper sprayed for peacfully protesting)

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Canadians are wimps, to much of the french culture in them, so of course they didn't protest. Hell, they had a riot and the US troops were called in cause the canuck riot team weren't able to handle it, bet they glad the people didn't come out and protest.

ME TOOO I'm french!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is wrong with that

an ben tabarnac

Why people in ATS call us names OTTS, my peeps you gonna support us hein!???? what did we do to them

Amelia

[edit on 1/12/04 by Amelia]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ya know the funny thing... I'll bet if he didn't say thanks you'd be bashing him right now for not saying thanks.

The man can do no good in your eyes... Hate is easy... try something else for a change

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Silly me... I'm feeding a poster who obviously gets gratification from insulting and angering other people. I have to remember to use that "ignore" button more often.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Funny thing is, we weren't bashing him before he decided to be a patronizing prick and come and thank Canada 3 years later....Bush is your god lostsailor I understand...he can do no wrong...LOL...one day you will open your eyes..I have faith.

link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

The man can do no good in your eyes... Hate is easy... try something else for a change

I think you had your lesson on your trade "hating america"
are gonna keep on harrasing us with that AGAIN!!!!!!????

Amelia

link   
People... James is probably laughing his head off at the anger he caused. Ignore him.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
Funny thing is, we weren't bashing him before he decided to be a patronizing prick and come and thank Canada 3 years later....Bush is your god lostsailor I understand...he can do no wrong...LOL...one day you will open your eyes..I have faith.

No he isn't my god... I just don't hate him... and I'm sorry if I get tired of people freely bashing him for petty things on a consistent basis!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
People... James is probably laughing his head off at the anger he caused. Ignore him.

He didn't piss me off, I only feel pity for him for having such a narrow worldview...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join