It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Massive Canadian Anti-Bush protest....that wasn't

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm just happy that we canadians stick together on ATS, we are just fun loving people who don't want any problems and just want to discuss like grown ups!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Lost Sailor - Bush said he would try to expedite the regulations process so that Canadian beef can once again cross the border. I'm grateful to him for that.

Also, I had an exam for a job I didn't really want, and the exam was postponed because of his visit. I'm grateful for that too.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Originally posted by Lukefj
Funny thing is, we weren't bashing him before he decided to be a patronizing prick and come and thank Canada 3 years later....Bush is your god lostsailor I understand...he can do no wrong...LOL...one day you will open your eyes..I have faith.

No he isn't my god... I just don't hate him... and I'm sorry if I get tired of people freely bashing him for petty things on a consistent basis!

Well he can't make it much easier now can he
If he made it harder then we'd get more inventive
You ever surf conspiracy boards back when clinton was in charge? Same stuff different name callers.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Lostsailor,

Interesting that YOU are trivializing 911 by calling it petty. Hmmmmmmmm....

Role reversal now...Canada is hit with an attack...thousands of Canadian travellers land in several of your states and the wonderfully hospitable American public take them in with open arms. Our PM decided to visit the states 3 years later and decides to say oh yeah...remember back when you did that thing for us 3 years ago...thanks....AMericans wouldn't feel patronized at all would they.

Time to remove the rose coloured glasses my friend.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
otts,

See I'm not a bad guy... You made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... I think thats the nicest thing I've heard about Bush to this day on ATS.

Cheers

hmmmm.. maube he was a bit busy keeping America safe from further attack? I'm sorry that Canada wasn't the first thing on his mind after 911... and how the heck do you twist what I say into calling 911 petty? C'mon lets play nice.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hehe, and I try to be measured in my criticism of Bush. I still violently dislike his Middle East policies... but as far as Canada is concerned, there are a number of experts saying that we're better off with Bush as our partner than we would be with Kerry... the reason being that a number of Canada-U.S. issues (beef, energy policies, etc.) are well known to Bush since he dealt with some of them when he was governor of Texas.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Whether 10,000 or just 4,000 showed up it still shows that we have a problem. There is a growing hatred around the world focused towards us and we need to try and stop it. Sure you can say , "screw-em", if they aren't with us, then get out of the way, but this is not the answer. We all live on this one planet and we are much better off friends than enemys. Do we just let things escalate to the point that the rest of the world hates us and we go it alone? Now, I'm not saying to just simply compomise our principles to try and keep other countries happy but man, there has to be a more effective way.We need to try and use diplomacy, for once, as we seem to have forgot how effective this can be, if done correctly. If we are ever to win this war on terrorism we have to have as many allies as we can in this fight. Think about it, Europe has one of the largest growing Muslim populations in the world. Now, if only half of one half percent of that population means us harm how will we ever deal with that problem if Europe looks at us as the true evil and not them.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
lostsailor I agree he was busy after 911 but all he had to do is MENTION how gratfull he was. he didn't have to come up here to do it all he had to do was do it when he was addressing the nation after 911. I remember the speech, I do not remember the 3 magic words Thank You Canada. Thats all that we wanted but as usuall we were just kinda shoved under the rug so to speak. It's not a new thing its just trivial continental relations that have been similiar for decades now. Can you blame us for getting kinda tired of being taken for granted?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You have voted skychief for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Well said.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sorry, it was a joke, I know you guys went in before the US in both WWI and WWII. Sorry if I offended you, Canada is not that bad, I just like the fact in a riot the US was called in cause the frenchie canadian people weren't able to keep the riot under control. Besides, you guys have some great hockey teams, go Maple Leafs!(Detroit sucks, why everyone likes them don't know) And I admit I deserved the attacks, even though one was edited out, sorry Otts, and the other canadians on this board that I have offended.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Sorry, it was a joke, I know you guys went in before the US in both WWI and WWII. Sorry if I offended you, Canada is not that bad, I just like the fact in a riot the US was called in cause the frenchie canadian people weren't able to keep the riot under control. Besides, you guys have some great hockey teams, go Maple Leafs!(Detroit sucks, why everyone likes them don't know) And I admit I deserved the attacks, even though one was edited out, sorry Otts, and the other canadians on this board that I have offended.

Okay forgiven then. I'm still curious which riot you are refering to? It wan't the Rocket Richard riots was it? Or some globalisation march? You have really piqued my interest and I wanna know more.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
Whether 10,000 or just 4,000 showed up it still shows that we have a problem. There is a growing hatred around the world focused towards us and we need to try and stop it. Sure you can say , "screw-em", if they aren't with us, then get out of the way, but this is not the answer. We all live on this one planet and we are much better off friends than enemys. Do we just let things escalate to the point that the rest of the world hates us and we go it alone? Now, I'm not saying to just simply compomise our principles to try and keep other countries happy but man, there has to be a more effective way.We need to try and use diplomacy, for once, as we seem to have forgot how effective this can be, if done correctly. If we are ever to win this war on terrorism we have to have as many allies as we can in this fight. Think about it, Europe has one of the largest growing Muslim populations in the world. Now, if only half of one half percent of that population means us harm how will we ever deal with that problem if Europe looks at us as the true evil and not them.

a little off topic but - its funny that the people that cry foul on the Iraq war because diplomacy was not fully exhausted, are the same ones that are saying the US should be attacking Iran, Korea, etc...where diplomacy is currently being utilized

Skychief is right IMO...but how long should we rely on diplomacy to work? No matter how much diplomacy, goodwill, aid, etc you provide in the world...if there's a war - guaranteed your going to have at least one country with a huge hate-on...then add up all the others that have something to lose, vested interest, etc

bottom line - prior to 9-11, the Iraq war, etc....the same anti-americanism was spewed by the exact same people on ATS, in Canada, and around the world...the only difference now is they feel they have a legit cause to get more vocal

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
No, it was a hockey riot, the canadian team lost the last game for the Stanley Cup and their fans went nuts, had a ton of people rioting, destroying property, stuff like that. The video was on World's Wildest Police Videos show.

Also, you guys burned the White House in the 1812 war, it isn't really known that they did it, people just think it all british. Learned that in an episode of Made in Canada.(Go Rick Mercer!)

[edit on 1-12-2004 by James the Lesser]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No, it was a hockey riot, the canadian team lost the last game for the Stanley Cup and their fans went nuts, had a ton of people rioting, destroying property, stuff like that. The video was on World's Wildest Police Videos show.

in Vancouver?

I thought you were talking about the G8 roits in Quebec City

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Maybe Vancouver, but not the G8 stuff, no, it was a hockey riot, it reminded me of all the riots that happen in South America, Our Futbol team won! Lets riot. Ours lost lets riot. But those were way better then the canadian one, they had clubs and knives and all kinds of good stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
James - all I can remember is the riots in Montreal when the Canadiens won the Cup in '93... that was a biggie.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's o.k...you are sorry I accept that

But I'm french, I speak french everyday....I'm bad in english
So just don't make fun of me because of that...that is all I'm asking
We are all unique people, I was not there when that "riot'' happened see I don't even KNOW what it means hehehe

Amexxxxxxxxxx

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Maybe Vancouver, but not the G8 stuff, no, it was a hockey riot, it reminded me of all the riots that happen in South America, Our Futbol team won! Lets riot. Ours lost lets riot. But those were way better then the canadian one, they had clubs and knives and all kinds of good stuff.

Oh yeah I remember now hehe Hockey riots are fun to be in I keep waiting for the day Toronto will win the Cup and Downtown gets trashed hehe We had a pretty big party country wide when Canada beat the US 5-2 in Salt-lake city I wasn't a riot but it was close, people were climbin up on streetcars, flippin over cars and stuff(i even think I remember a cop car being overturned not sure though I was too hung over the next day to remember the news) and stuff caught the police completely off guard.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
the protests are the same as they were in other places.we were board and most of us just changed the channel and looked the other way.the only one thing that came out of this was the one finger salute to leaders with no good ideas left.thankyou to the young people who did go out and show there no fools. good for them

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The british and french have a reason to hate one another. The "100 years war" was really more like 300 years. Thats a war lasting longer than the sovereignity of the US. The two countries have been rivals for a very very long time. And as stated, it hasn't alwasy been a particularly friendly rivalry. Americans have no reason to hate the french. Period. Aww they didnt support the war in Iraq... neither did the Germans, neither did most of the world. Why are the french getting the bad end of things? As for french canadians... they act more french than the french. They wish they were french. Its no big deal though. I've been to montreal on many occasions, so don't tell me I don't know. Since my parents are both british (I just happen to live in the US), I feel I have the right to hate on you a little

France is a beautiful country with great food and interesting architecture.

That aside, back to the topic of the thread.

It was plain too cold.

One more thing. The canadians as I see it, have generally left the US to its own devices. Have you ever seen the city of Windsor? Right accross the river from Detroit. Windsor is a lovely city. Detroit is an absolute dump. From 6 mile all the way to the "people mover" is nothing but run down shanty towns and slums. Yet right accross the river is Windsor. Why would canadians protest if they knew it wouldn't be covered over in the US state run media, thus having no impact what so ever. And besides, they would be protesting a president they dont even care about.

No big deal. I have a funny feeling that something akin to what happened in chili will happen if bush visits moscow. However, there wont be any screwups like in chili.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join