It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happened to our country?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
a reply to: ArtemisE

Laughable at best.

Don't get me wrong here, The GOP is just as bad as the Dems in my opinion, but to actually believe what you just said, is sad.

So, the Democrats historically prove to be racist, but when that is brought up, it's "Oh, all the racists left the Dems, and joined the GOP." How convenient when attempting to saint one's self.

SSHHH, you know they only like the "truths" they tell you are true. Besides since when do dems listen to facts that arent in support of their position?

ETA- All while ignoring the fact after "the parties switched" as they like to say, I can give hours of evidence that racism is very much alive and well in the dem party, Oh wait I did that already, all the way up to modern times, even using one of their champion presidents, and the sitting senate majority leader.

But you know.....never lets a little thing like the truth get in the way of a true good fiction.

edit on 2014bSaturdayv1920146 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

So, the Democrat party ceased to exist at that time, and a new one was magically born? ALL the racists left it, and joined the GOP?

Are you actually saying that you believe Democrat = Non-racist?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Good point.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So, the Democrat party ceased to exist at that time, and a new one was magically born? ALL the racists left it, and joined the GOP?

I just about spit, that is some funny stuff right there.

Now wait for the person attacks and deflections away from the topic at hand.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I also enjoy how this has to devolve into Left v.s Right, when my rant had nothing to do with that.

This is about freedom of speech, and also the freedom of thought (which, ironically is never addressed).

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Can anyone actually PROVE, just show an example of someone switching parties to keep a racist agenda?

Just one example is fine.

This idea that the racists went GOP needs some proof.

The progressive left is the most racist, intolerant, biased, bigoted group of ideologues that I have ever met!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I also enjoy how this has to devolve into Left v.s Right, when my rant had nothing to do with that.

This is about freedom of speech, and also the freedom of thought (which, ironically is never addressed).

It is a left right issue though.

The right will allow anyone to think or say just about anything, it is their right.

The left will allow you to say or think anything you want as long as they agree or you must be silenced and ostracized, up to and including losing your job and any credentials they can have stripped.

I just dont see this coming from the right, it is exclusively a tool of the left.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

Seems to always be the way these 'discussions' go, doesn't it? Why can't people look at these topics honestly?

I ranted about how we can no longer say things that we could forty years ago. Liberals (like the directors of the shows mentioned in my OP), said them, and it was cutting edge, and enlightened. Now, it's taboo.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Personally, I feel that the Right would do similar things (maybe not exercised in the same manner) as the Left does. Think about back in the day when the hippies weren't in control. They were derided for their thoughts and beliefs by the establishment.

Like I said, I don't think that this is a Right v. Left issue, I think it is a societal issue. A minority of the people are in charge, and their sycophants aid them in attacking anyone that thinks in a contrary manner.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Can anyone actually PROVE, just show an example of someone switching parties to keep a racist agenda?

Just one example is fine.

This idea that the racists went GOP needs some proof.

The progressive left is the most racist, intolerant, biased, bigoted group of ideologues that I have ever met!

I couldnt agree more beez.

They are now and have been throughout all of modern times the true extremists in all but a couple of areas.

Abortion( i disagree with it in all but the most extreme cases like rape or incest , but that doesnt make me right, or mean I would even say someone cant have one, I just dont agree, it is a personal oppinion, I do not now or have ever tried to force on others) gay marriage, once again, it is not my place to decide this or anyone elses, I wouldnt marry a man, but then, I dont even know what makes me happy, who the hell am I to tell someone else what makes them happy.

Other than these 2 issues, the right has it right, well religion is also in there but is way to complex an issue to discuss here.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

No nor am I saying the GOP means racist. Those are just the facts. The south voted dem for decades. The northern liberal dems decided to champion civil rights. The southern dems decided to oppose it. Which caused a civil war amongst dems. The GOP of the day backed civil rights but were not as vocal as the dems on either side. So they stayed above the fray.

After civil rights passed. The south and strom Thurman left the dems. The GOP welcomed the like 6 states worth of voters swapping sides (who wouldn't?). Which caused an influx of anti civil rights , pro segregation people into the GOP.

All of that is well known stuff. Google civil rights act or strom Thurman.

Today, I don't think it's about racism at all.

Blacks vote dem, so the GOP acts as if there uninformed voters who can't think for themselves.

Corporations donate to the GOP so dems cast them as evil.

Unions vote for dems so rep pretend all unions are evil.

I don't think either side believes any of it. It's all lip service to play to there bases.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Blacks vote dem, so the GOP acts as if there uninformed voters who can't think for themselves.

I don't think either side believes any of it. It's all lip service to play to there bases.

This has to be the one quote from you that I have wholeheartedly agreed with, ever.

Step two would be finding a way of making it stop.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I defiantly did that instead of
Addressing the question....you lose this round.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Personally, I feel that the Right would do similar things (maybe not exercised in the same manner) as the Left does. Think about back in the day when the hippies weren't in control. They were derided for their thoughts and beliefs by the establishment.

Like I said, I don't think that this is a Right v. Left issue, I think it is a societal issue. A minority of the people are in charge, and their sycophants aid them in attacking anyone that thinks in a contrary manner.

The real culprit is control, and the means of control employed against us all.

Until I can sit here and say 2 lesbians can get married and have 18 abortions while thinking minorities are "insert term here" while eating meat, and burning coal, powering their lights with solar cells, nothing will change.

They have found the few issues that divide us all and divided us all with them.

On social issues I lean more left, like better pay for the workers and much less for the desk jockies, but still believe in capitalism. Just not the cronie capital type of it like we have now.

Only through discussions like this can we ever bridge this gap.

We must have these conversations, in the light of day, not behind closed doors.

If a man is a racist, he can be, he can say all the rqacist things he likes, he can even walk right up and call a black man the N word imo.

Now the black man may kick his ass, and rightly so, and I have a hard time believing he would be convicted by a jury for doing so.

But this doesnt change the fact, it is the racists right to do it and say.

It is pathetic, and it is morally wrong IMO, but it is his right.

The same way blacks call whites crackers peckerwoods etc...

It is all the same market, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Either everyone can use them all at will all the time, or nobody can ever.

It isnt everyone can but whites, that is racist beyond belief, yet the left holds this belief tight, and close to their hearts.

I dont know all the answers but this BS going on right now isnt working for anyone.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

This has to be the one quote from you that I have wholeheartedly agreed with, ever.

Step two would be finding a way of making it stop.

The whole post was true look it up.

I listen to a lot of talk radio, mainly right wing. The GOP swears there the party of Abe Lincon and the champions of civil rights. The dems swear the parties flipped in the 60's. The truth, as always , is in the middle.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The only way this ends is for the People to stand up and dictate to the Oligarchs (yes, I do believe we have an Oligarchy, rather than a Republic), what can, and cannot, be done.

That may never happen with the way the People allow themselves to be so easily distracted by trivialities.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

No nor am I saying the GOP means racist. Those are just the facts. The south voted dem for decades. The northern liberal dems decided to champion civil rights. The southern dems decided to oppose it. Which caused a civil war amongst dems. The GOP of the day backed civil rights but were not as vocal as the dems on either side. So they stayed above the fray.

After civil rights passed. The south and strom Thurman left the dems. The GOP welcomed the like 6 states worth of voters swapping sides (who wouldn't?). Which caused an influx of anti civil rights , pro segregation people into the GOP.

All of that is well known stuff. Google civil rights act or strom Thurman.

And we have a break through!!!!!!!!!

I agree totally with everything you said here, it is all a giant shell game, with the side fooling the most idiots winning.

Both sides are bad man.

Join us sane types in the middle, where we get to do the stuff from the left and the right, and much more neither does.

Why limit ones self to idiotic idiology that is a flawed as a diamond that is half coal?

Why not be free to say and think what you want?

Why not let idiots be idiots, they are going to do it no matter what we do or say?

Let us talk of things we all share.

We all need each other, we all need freedom of thought and mind to grow to our full ability, even when it is harmful, in the end it serves a purpose.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I have no issue believing some racists left the Dems, and joined the GOP. I do not believe that all of them did, or even a majority of them.

There have been, and will be, racists on both sides of the aisle.

There has been a concerted effort on the part of Government (both parties are complicit in this) to enslave the people by forcing them through regulations, and laws, to cling to the Government for sustenance, both physical, and emotional.

The People are complicit by allowing it to happen, and refusing to stand against it.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The only way this ends is for the People to stand up and dictate to the Oligarchs (yes, I do believe we have an Oligarchy, rather than a Republic), what can, and cannot, be done.

That may never happen with the way the People allow themselves to be so easily distracted by trivialities.

We can, it wouldnt even be a fight, they have no chance.

First though, we must have these difficult conversations, and address the real world like adults, resolve imagine grievances and come together.

The closer we get to this though, the more divisive their tactics will become.

Keep you eyes on the prize, if we could unite even half of us..........tomorrow would me magical indeed for all.

Once agin though, this is the undying hope in me, that blinds me to the truth, and that truth is, I think they are better at this game than us, because the evidence says we are losing badly.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Keep you eyes on the prize, if we could unite even half of us..........tomorrow would me magical indeed for all.

Once agin though, this is the undying hope in me, that blinds me to the truth, and that truth is, I think they are better at this game than us, because the evidence says we are losing badly.

They also have a much smaller group of people to coordinate than we do. Half of us, is a LOT more than half of them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join