It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus, Republicans and NRA Banned on School Websites

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I meant, "you will probably be out of a job"

originally posted by: lindalinda
a reply to: Krazysh0t
If you buck this trend in favor of tried and true teaching, you will probably not be out of a job.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
That sounds like a story that needs telling. Can you elaborate? What is it they are doing to follow people across state lines?

I can't speak for anyone other than myself and my significant other obviously but when we decided to leave we went to settle things with that years taxes at the city hall. We paid up what would be due, turned in license plates, and parking permits. All was settled all was good.

Then just before we left all these tickets and bills for both things we had settled ahead of time and from things we simply never did started filling the mailbox. So while we should have been packing and looking for a new place the town and the state were trying to suck up more of our money and making fighting it nearly impossible due to absurd office hours.

Eventually we got out.

Settled in to our new home, new jobs, new license and vehicle and registration and all that.

Months go by and the mailbox begins to fill with tickets, threatening legal letters, past due notices, all from CT. Then the phone starts ringing all the time with police. Some from the old city we lived in some from the state. Everybody threatening to put liens on things we didnt own, tow away cars that we didnt own, drag us into court for back taxes we didnt owe and tickets we supposedly got while not even living there.

Basically the state and the city were trying to extort us. It would all go away if we just paid them.

Trying to explain things and sending copies of documents certified mail got nowhere. It was like they were openly mocking us by ignoring the documents and evidence.

Note that while we had all the evidence on our side and the state had no evidence other than state created tickets and bills it was up to us to prove innocence but the state wouldnt even hear us.

Neither of us would risk going back there to clear things up in person for a number of reasons. Besides the cost and time to travel and take off work there was this fear in the back of our minds that whoever went would get locked up and the other would have to pay to get the person out. Not unlike Al Qaeda kidnapping people for ransom.

Eventually we saved enough money to hire an attorney. We handed over every document and evidence we had to the attorney and within one afternoon he reported back to us that it would stop and if it didnt to let him now and we'd sue the city, the state and the individuals involved in the harassment.

The fact that the state gave up so fast tells me they knew they were in the wrong and had no leg to stand on all along. They were just being bullies hoping to keep milking us for our metaphorical lunch money as long as possible.

The whole ordeal was like some Kafka nightmare of bureaucracy run amok. It's a very big part of my general distrust of government and all bureaucracy.

You try to do good. You go out of your way to jump through their hoops and play by their rules and it still isnt good enough.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Jesus has no place in education, go to church if you want jesus

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't want my children to go to school to learn only one way to think. I want them to go to school to learn to think and then come to a logical conclusion using all the facts. I am deeply troubled that we as a society are being brainwashed into as certain school of thought that will support a progressive-statist agendas. We NEED balance.

Source

Wait, shouldn't you have also had a hand in teaching your children? Or was your work done soon as you were "done"?

Oh yeah, Faux News fail BTW.

If nothing else, they there really know how to circle the wagons up.

Derek

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Wow, that's beyond insane! And I thought Florida was bad........ I am glad you got it all cleared up. I have to wonder how many people have experienced the same thing. Ever consider taking all the evidence to the press, and exposing the corruption? It's probably a safe bet that others have ended up paying, thinking they had no option.

Florida......the DMV there is a real problem. My husband had serious issues with his license, and it was always a hassle getting things fixed. I knew others that had the same thing happen, over and over again, so it wasn't just us. What would happen was like this:

Say you get a ticket, for speeding or whatever. Alright, you were, so you pay it. Time passes, the date the ticket had to be paid by passes, and all of a sudden, you find out your license is suspended. So, you go in to find out why, and are told the ticket is "unpaid". You dig out receipts, and they tell you it will be fixed, but you have to pay more money, to get the license reinstated, even though it never should have been suspended. no choice there, or you can't drive to work. More time passes, and yet again, you find out the same ticket has caused your license to be suspended yet again. This goes on for months. Eventually, you get it cleared up, but only after spending time off work, probably some additional costs, and a fortune on aspirin for the headaches caused. Time passes, another ticket hits, and the whole mess starts over again.

Sounds like you saw a lot worse, on a much bigger scale! Cases like this certainly support the idea of no licensing, don't they?????

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Where could I download that particular software? It would come in handy for browsing ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join