It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Body found in Iraq not Margaret Hassan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The mutilated body of western woman who was found by U.S. troops a few weeks ago is not that of Margaret Hassan. The British Foreign office made the announcement, but further reiterated that they believe based on video evidence that she has been murdered. It is unclear at this time who the person was or the circumstances behind their death. Dental records were used to rule out that the body was of Hassan.

story.news.yahoo.com
LONDON (AFP) - The mutilated body of a Western woman found in Iraq in mid-November was not that of Margaret Hassan, the Foreign Office said, adding that it believed the abducted aid worker had been murdered.

Dental tests had shown that the body found by US marines in the formerly insurgent-held city of Fallujah was not that of the 59-year-old woman, a spokesman said.

Hassan, the British-Irish director of CARE International in Iraq and a longtime Baghdad resident with Iraqi citizenship, was abducted on October 19 and appeared several times in videos warning that her life was at risk.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The insurgents will clearly stop at nothing and are not above murdering innocent women. It would have been nice for the families sake if they had recovered her body and they may at some point. It will never bring them closure, but it may help in some small amount.

[edit on 12/1/04 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Now that the hideous abduction and murder all too happily colported by US media just at the right time of the US assault on Fallujah turns out to be bogus, fresh questions arise as to the independence and professionality of US journalists.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

Now that the hideous abduction and murder all too happily colported by US media just at the right time of the US assault on Fallujah turns out to be bogus

This woman was murdered and mutilated. If she isn't thmarg hassan, then there have been two murders. Do you maintain that she hasn't been murdered? Do you maintain that they kidnapped and threatened to kill her as a bluff?

, fresh questions arise as to the independence and professionality of US journalists.

I agree, if they were saying that an unidentified body had to be her. The first reports said it was a 'blond western woman'. Could've been anyone, l and probably not her, since she ain't blond. Both of them are still dead tho.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"colported by US media "
Al Jazeera claimed to have footage of Margaret Hassan getting shot in the head. I guess you think the US media controls Al Jazeera too

Al Jazeera decided not to air the footage I wonder why killing a innocent aid worker that has been helping the people of Iraq for over 2 decades why wouldnt they want to show people killing her in cold blood

[edit on 1-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

, fresh questions arise as to the independence and professionality of US journalists.

I agree, if they were saying that an unidentified body had to be her. The first reports said it was a 'blond western woman'. Could've been anyone, l and probably not her, since she ain't blond. Both of them are still dead tho.

How do you know that ? How do you know it's not a CIA intox operation? The iraqi resistance has so far certainly abducted several innocents, but as far as i know, those who were totally innocent, like the french journalists, the italian aid workers, and the relatives of Allawi, are unharmed. Most of the civilians executed by the iraqi resistance where american spies or cooperating with the illegal occupier in some kind of fashion. Given that pattern of behaviour, i think the hyped up US Hassan story is quite unlikely. And most importantly : according to scientific reports, the US has killed over 100.000 innocent civilians in Iraq. So why cry about one more ?

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just to respond to your last comment:

There are no innocent's in war.

The reason they make these execution videos is to make the liberals cry and scream STOP WAR......so go let them win if you want.....but I will always support my home team when it goes to battle.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MokuhadzushiAnd most importantly : according to scientific reports, the US has killed over 100.000 innocent civilians in Iraq. So why cry about one more ?

What scientific reports? I think you have become a casulty of reading to many pages at jihadspun or hezbolla.com. Really now, please enlighten us poorly informed people about the "scientific evidence" you speak of.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Think he's referring to the Lancet report, a study into the effects that the invasion has had on the health of the Iraqi populace. The "100,000" figure is a projected estimate - not a body count - based on a survey of an extremely small sample group (less than 1500 I believe).

It's also worth noting that the report does not say that the coalition has killed 100,000 people - instead that's an estimate of the number of excess fatalities, including death from natural causes such as disease, malnutrition etc. Also, fundamentally, it is clearly stated in the report that that figure is likely to include combatants.

In addition, the people of Fallujah couldn't be surveyed as the surveyors couldn't get into the city, so instead they made up a figure (about 50,000).

If you think that this constitutes a scientific report then we have different difinitions of the word...

[edit on 2-12-2004 by mattpryor]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
By the way if you want a more accurate figure, ie based on people that have actually died as opposed to made up numbers, check out www.iraqbodycount.net....

They put the number between 14,591 and 16,771 - most of which result from insurgent attacks.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Mokuhadzushi,

What makes you think that the Iraqi insurgents are just in their actions? What makes them right in the murder of civilians who are over there just to help rebuild their country? Don't hand me any bull about them defending their country either when a large percentage of the insurgents are not even from Iraq.

Oh and if this is a US CIA intox operation then how did Al Jazeera obtain a copy of the tape first?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Mokuhadzushi,

What makes you think that the Iraqi insurgents are just in their actions?

Because they are defending their homeland from a brutal illegal occupier eyeing the iraqi's only wealth, oil.

Don't hand me any bull about them defending their country either when a large percentage of the insurgents are not even from Iraq.

2% of them ? What have you heard ? And where did you hear it ?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
Because they are defending their homeland from a brutal illegal occupier eyeing the iraqi's only wealth, oil.

2% of them ? What have you heard ? And where did you hear it ?

It seems the Iraqi Government not the United States government puts the number of foreign fighters in Fallujah alone at 80%. So I suppose the question is where you got your figures?

Before the battle, American officers privately estimated there were up to 5,000 insurgents in Fallujah - 80 percent of them Iraqis and the rest foreign fighters. Iraqi officials have portrayed the percentage as close to the reverse, with masses of foreign fighters supported by Saddam Hussein loyalists and criminals.

www.mercurynews.com...

This article also concludes that loyalist do exsist but they are far outnumbered by foreign fighters

Saddam loyalists remain in the picture however they are significantly outnumbered by the local Muslim resistance groups. Saddam loyalists do not make up a large percentage of actual fighters in Iraq however some information suggests that loyalists and possibly Saddam himself continue to finance the resistance.

mathaba.net...://mathaba.net/0_index.shtml?x=81982

top topics

join